twitter.com/bbpoltergiest/status/904950649342746625

new album hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2kDinXI0bxM
youtube.com/watch?v=jxlBOBOZHqI
youtube.com/watch?v=DLuNxIp6z0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop spamming this shit meme

Take the gripspill and go online all the time life doesn't fucking matter just use the internet

This could actually mean something, am extremely hyped for the new release.

Nice they didn't retweet me and now I am depressed

I'm ready for them to save us from this shit year

did you not understand the meaning of culture shock

Do you understand the meaningless of life? Clearly not because you haven't taken the gripspill

Imagine having such shit tastes that you think 2017 is a flop and that a Death Grips release will be the one blip of musical enjoyment you get all year.

What's all the hype surrounding death grips, musically it does nothing for me. Is there a particular song, and should I know what they are about. Enlighten Me, Please!

If you don't enjoy Exmilitary, especially Beware, you will not enjoy anything they put out

youtu.be/2kDinXI0bxM

Listen with lyrics

niggas on the moon is the best thing they'll ever do and no one will realize that until 2020

Thanks for the (Yous) anons, I just want to see if Death Grips is for me or not.

death grips are milking some dead tits

>t. person with shit taste

I thought they split up

NOTM is good. Has bright, choatic instumentals based around samples of Bjork's voice.
Interview 2016 sounds like aphex twin mixed on meth if you're into that.
Steroids is pretty complex and full of energy if you like Gabber/Breakcore.
The real classic defining death grips stuff is in No Love, Exm and Money Store, however they've moved on so much that going back it sounds pretty simple.

>t. literally 14 and only streams Death Grips singles on the Spotify account his parents pay for

Bottomless Pit was basically a culmination of everything they've done so far (but nowhere near as good imo) so that's probably the best starting point for a dg noobie.
The whole surface appeal of them is literally just amped up hip-hop, it's easy for kids who don't like rap music to get into because they can project what they like about metal/rock onto it, them being a three-piece also helps in that respect because it makes them more like a "band". No Love Deep Web has all the drum sounds triggered by Zach Hill on an electronic kit, and the whole idea of a human being involved with the music gives the rockists something to latch onto rather than it just being "lol look they press buttons and music is generated"
Once you get past that surface level idea you get brilliant straight-up hip-hop like The Money Store and Exmilitary, both using unusual sampling ideas to great effect. Niggas on the Moon is probably the most creative hip hop album I've ever heard, math rock drumming applied to vocal samples and what results is this incredibly dense and interesting album which was overlooked by all the DG kiddies at first because it didn't have any memes on it but people are finally coming round to it.
All their other albums are alright, Government Plates is a pretty undercooked album with some decent ideas and Jenny Death is an overcompressed mess, but hey.

they are such attention whores

pretty ironic considering how hard they try to act like they don't give a shit

What were some good 2017 releases? Nothing really stood up for me this year, I'm hoping for Horrors to save me.

Different user but: Flower Boy, American Dream, Crack Up, Sleep Well Beast.
just these four albums are better in quality than almost anything 2016 had.
There's a shitton I didn't catch up on too and hope I will soon

>they are such attention whores
They're silent for most of the year save for occasionally putting out new music, announcing a tour and a t-shirt. But they do one act of self-promotion and suddenly they're attention whores. Okay werk.

I don't like LCD and rap, but I'll give a listen to the rest, thanks. I haven't been paying much attention to this years music so I'm always glad to see recs. I think Sketches from Gizz were the closest for AOTY for me so far and I'm not even THAT hot on it.

I won't say Flower Boy is straight up Hip-Hop, there's a lot of rapping, but the production is the most interesting thing about it. I also feel like it took a lot of things out of Blonde's book.
Check out one of the singles: youtube.com/watch?v=jxlBOBOZHqI

Orc by Thee Oh Sees is pre good

They're actually retweeting everyone.

>2017
>Anything but great
Yeah quit music

>just these four albums are better in quality than almost anything 2016 had.

those albums are not better than elseq or the new ATCQ

THIS

I'm excited for Government Plates Vol 2

>death grips
what is this, 2012? lmao

somebody call me when Neutral Milk Hotel is online

>quiet most of the time
>wake up once a year to hype a new album
how the fuck is marketing = attention whores?

please just make your instrumentals interesting again

bottomless pit was the most phoned in shit I ever heard
never thought DG could sound boring but they pulled it off
youtube.com/watch?v=DLuNxIp6z0w

This is the funniest shit I'll be seeing all week

>please just make your instrumentals interesting
THIIIIIIISSSS
It's the same problem I have with modern Autechre, the songs and ideas are cool but the production and the sound varies so little

Steroids happened.

Plebs