Sanders: "So what? Democracy is messy."

yahoo.com/news/sanders-democratic-convention-could-messy-230537903--election.html
>LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bernie Sanders predicted Monday that the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia could be "messy" as he pushed the party to adopt his progressive agenda, but added, "Democracy is not always nice and quiet and gentle."

>The Democratic presidential candidate said in an interview with The Associated Press that his supporters hoped to see a platform at the July convention that reflects the needs of working families, the poor and young people as opposed to one that represents Wall Street and corporate America.

>"I think if they make the right choice and open the doors to working-class people and young people and create the kind of dynamism that the Democratic Party needs, it's going to be messy," Sanders said. "Democracy is not always nice and quiet and gentle but that is where the Democratic Party should go."

>Asked if the convention could be messy, Sanders said: "So what? Democracy is messy. Everyday my life is messy. But if you want everything to be quiet and orderly and allow, you know, just things to proceed without vigorous debate, that is not what democracy is about."

>The senator spoke after the Democratic National Committee announced a 15-member platform drafting committee, which write the first draft of the party platform and will include allies of both candidates. Sanders said the drafting of the platform would be an "excellent time to educate the American people. There are two sides to every issue and I'm sure that Secretary Clinton will have very vigorous proponents of her point of view, as we will have."

"Everyday my life is messy." - Senator Bernie Sanders
At what point did Bernie decide he no longer gave AF about winning, losing, or really anything and just decided to enjoy the ride?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wzMOLtejBMM&app=desktop
thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/05/23/3781032/minnesota-dumps-presidential-caucus-for-primary/
strawpoll.me/10292941
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for civil unrest and potential happening

Kinda seems to me Bernie wants to call for an armed revolution, but he's painfully aware of the fact that all of his supporters are estrogen-fueled cucks deathly afraid of guns.

>"Everyday my life is messy."
berncoot confirmed for being incontinent

Maybe he was just referring to his hair.

I hope I can be as much of optimistic nihilist when I'm his age.

Too be fair I don't think any political party could complete an armed revolution in 2016

he has always stood for the same beliefs. He probably stopped caring about winning when it became obvious he isn't getting the nomination, although he has about 45% of the democratic party's support and a significantly greater percentage of democrats approve of him, so it makes sense he is trying to effect the party's platform.

although it could backfire and end up with a Hillary Clinton/ Mark Cuban ticket, which it sounds like hillary is seriously looking into now. if he really cared about winning he would have the vice presidential conversation with hillary now before she settles on cuban or some other independent businessman.

I honestly don't understand Bernie. Is he a complete idiot with good intentions, or is he the biggest liar of them all? Does he really believe that his plans and policies will help the working class?

>LOUD, SIMPLE DIAGNOSIS OF AN OBVIOUS PROBLEM!!!
>wooooo we agree with you!
>RE-ITERATION OF THAT DIAGNOSIS!!! SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!!
>yes yes yes we all agree with you!!!
>RAISE THE TAXES!!! MORE POWER FOR THE GOVERNMENT I'VE ALREADY CALLED CORRUPT!!! DOWN WITH AMERICAN BUSINESS!!!
>wooooo!!! we already agreed with you twice so it seems safe to do it again!!!

Trump women are more masculine than Bernie men. Probably why so many Bernie supporters are going Trump

>Trump women are more masculine than Bernie men
I know right, just look at Ann Coulter

Probably. Take for example the "uprisings" by those Militiamen up in Oregon recently. The closes is probably the Blacks. Say what you will about BLM but when they burned down Ferguson they got the Justice Department to William Tecumseh Sherman the City and then flipped control of the city council afterwards.

If Hilldog were smart she would recognize how vulnerable she, as the ultimate Washington Insider, is in this election that favors unorthodox candidates like Trump & Sanders. Bernie is also from VT which could appoint a Democratic successor unlike if she picked Elizabeth Warren which would flip MA, at least temporarily.

Mark Cuban wouldn't risk damaging his brand by tying it to Hillary Clinton.

he's just rallying people against "wall street" because there is a decent sized constituency that doesn't understand "wall street" and buy into the notion that all bankers are crooks and are singlehandedly responsible for the 2008 recession and the lack of significant recovery from it within the middle class. it's fear of the unknown.
he's basically doing the same thing as donald trump, how trump blames our crime and drug problems on mexicans, just with a different group of people

look it up. he's already said he's voting for her and is meeting with her to discuss how he could help her campaign. they were both on chuck todd's show (separately) where cuban said he would absolutely consider running with her, and she said she is intrigued by the idea of picking an independent businessman like cuban. they set up the meeting later that day.
just google "mark cuban vice president"

>But if you want everything to be quiet and orderly and allow, you know, just things to proceed without vigorous debate, that is not what democracy is about.

IT IS WHEN YOU LOSE BY 3 MILLION VOTES YOU RETARDED PINKO

>"Everyday my life is messy." - Senator Bernie Sanders
looks like you faggots should have been using my #DependsOnBernie tag
Fools

But his point is that the DNC is giving him virtually no representation at the convention despite him finishing up with probably about 45% of the delegates

explain

He's blowing smoke because he wants to run for president in the future.

I would like to add though where there is smoke, there is fire.

Excess immigration, legal or otherwise, tends to be bias towards people escaping violence and poverty south of the border. These groups tend to be less educated and poorer. If they do not speak English then when their children enter public school it forces resources to be spent on language classes that would not have to otherwise. Their lower economic classes tend to benefit disproportionally from social spending and charity aid that inflates it's cost and/or starves the native population of the same benefits.

These groups also do not contribute to payroll, property, or incomes taxes (although some illegally do and at pretty significant rates) and their presence in the labor market hangs a yoke around wages.

Trump supporters also correctly predict that if these groups are given citizenship would create new reliable blocs of dependant Democratic voters imperiling their electoral hopes further.

For Sanders, the utility of the banks considering their size and risk as the GFC shown is dubious. What functions do these large entities perform that many many smaller ones couldn't if they were broken apart?

Is there something somewhere they says they're obligated to? He's not even a democrat ffs.

The drafting comitee (for the platform) of the DNC has 15 chairs but only gave Sanders people 3 originally, now he gets at least 5 at least
>b-but they're not obligated to
They're not obligated to hold a primary election in the first place either, doesn't mean it makes it right

Just shut up and enjoy it
He's turning his supporters into permanent anti-Hillary agents

Believe me, I am.

maga

He's embracing the meme. Sanders is a mess, it takes guts to be a living meme

Don't be so sure. He has a lot of working-class support. It's not just college kids and hipsters who are feeling the Bern. Right now the white working class is moving towards Trump because they figure Shrillary will get the dem nomination. If Bernie gets it, that'll shift the dynamic bigtime. A lot of Trumpistas who feel screwed over by capitalism will turn his way. Then, look out!

>losing fairly both by delegates and popular vote
>throws a tantrum

Amazing

the bernie people are going to burn down the convention

The interesting thing to take away is that:
1) He did very well despite having significantly less resources and connections
2) There's a distinct age gap between Bernie and Hillary supporters

The schism is only going to intensify in the future as the boomers start to die off and the establishment leans ever harder on identity politics to shore up their power. I wouldn't be surprised if the new generation of leftists started to give blacks the Cuba treatment in the future.

>burn down
inb4 they're so low energy it's actually an endothermic process and they just stand there freezing

also,

>accuses closed primaries of being undemocratic
>thinks caucuses are great.

This, I don't think any candidate has done so much with so little, and has taken so many young people.

He's effectively turned almost all young people into anti-establishment voters, which bears well for Trump and future anti-estab candidates.

It think he does believe his policies will help the working class. And he may have a point. He's the only major candidate who realizes that what we call "capitalism" or the "free market" is dying of its own internal contradictions. The dialectic is at work. Failure to create decent jobs, chronically slow growth, "too big to fail", crony capitalism are all indicative of the terminal decline of the current economic system, and the inevitable move towards a publicly owned economy. The rest (Trump and Mrs. C.) are whistling past the economic graveyard.

his bigger gripe is that they limited debates

and had them at 3am on stations no one watched

while repubplicans had what 10 primetime debates?

bernie got cucked by the party badly

He's never said caucuses are great.

That being said, he should really denounce them and call to change them to open primaries

Bernie literally cannot win, dipshit, bar Hillary being indicted, which won't happen.

b-but what do you mean people don't watch debates at 2 am on a saturday!?!?

Classy reply. And never say never. Have you seen the polls lately? Trump and Shrillary are now tied. Sanders beats Trump handily. If this trend continues into the convention, a lot of delegates might have second thoughts about Mrs. C.

Dude, there is no way he can win without Hillary getting there first. Unless he pulls landslide numbers in all states in June, it's not going to happen. Accept it.

I'm be complaining about the State schedule. How different would things have been if the order had been different where the more conservative Southern States weren't front-loaded into the First Super Tuesday/SEC Primary.

Maybe the fact that Hillary won the swing states of VA & FL will make a difference in November.

youtube.com/watch?v=wzMOLtejBMM&app=desktop

>being this berned
Smells alot like like reddit baka desu senpai

I forgot to add the lion's share of her pledged delegate count came from racking up absurd margins concentrated in the former Confederacy. If they had voted later after Bernie had become more well-known maybe he could have actually contested some of them.

If you're right, it proves that black dem primary voters were mostly Clinton cucks who shot themselves--and their country--in the foot. And that we should start getting used to saying "President Trump." A lot better than saying "President Clinton" again. I lived through 8 years of that shit. Never want to go through that again.

That's because black voters sure loved themselves that Mrs. Clinton sho' nuf. Idiots.

the good news is that either one will likely be 1 term presidents.

>And that we should start getting used to saying "President Trump." A lot better than saying "President Clinton" again

At least none of those would lead to the collapse of our nation like President Sanders would have. Thank god for superdelegates.

Aww ... that's cute.

>LOUD, SIMPLE DIAGNOSIS OF AN OBVIOUS PROBLEM!!!
>wooooo we agree with you!

and thats not what Trump is doing? fuck off

You should all be praising Bernie, he's doing more damage to Hilary than anyone else at the moment. He's not standing down because he's believed in everything he's stood for all his life, like him or not.

But what he fails to realize is that the very policies he's praising, and pushing even further, were largely responsible for creating that environment. The endless tax hikes and regulations that liberals place on business and business owners is designed to get the "fair share" from the big corporations, but that isn't the effect.

It raises the bar prohibitively high to start a SMALL business, hire employees, and keep it alive. And it forces the corporations to join together and get larger and larger. It creates an environment where "too big to fail" is the only business model that can survive and profit in the long-term. It diminishes the right of the individual to build his own business and make money in his own way. The only jobs available are for huge corporations, because they're the only ones who can afford to pay a livable wage.

It enslaves people to large corporations and state-sponsored welfare. Bernie's policies will only make this worse and worse. The poor will be hit hardest of all by his tax and wage increases.

It's the old "give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish" analogy. Liberals will give a man a fish and pat themselves on the back for helping him. But at the same time, they'll raise the price of fishing rods so high that you have no other choice but to keep demanding and accepting their help.

Liberals are a mixture of rich liars and well-intentioned short term thinkers.

Doesn't include caucuses. The real number is ~1.8m. Mostly down to him getting BTFO in the southern primaries.

It's funny how despite Trump being constantly mischaracterised in the press, pol still religiously swallows everything negative they hear about Sanders.

I would assume as soon as his retirement fund hit the redline from redditors.

Learn how caucuses work nigger.

I'm not swallowing anything. He is being beaten by millions of votes. That is not just some huff post hit piece, it's fact. Reality.

It's large corporations who lobbied government to create those very laws that are suffocating small businesses, just as the shade from a big tree kills seedlings. It's all indicative of the system's rot.

But the point is, Bernie's policies would cause a continuation and deepening of that problem, not an antidote. He'd be pushing us further down the hill. So which is he? An idiot, or a liar?

It's happening by itself. The dialectic is driven by internal contradictions. It's an inevitable process. Sanders is a merely a manifestation of the process. So is Trump. Shrillary is as well; she represents the corporate/ Wall Street old guard.

MEANWHILE IN MINNESOTA
thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/05/23/3781032/minnesota-dumps-presidential-caucus-for-primary/
>Minnesota’s March 1 presidential caucus was marred by long lines and other issues that often crop up with caucuses, like the disenfranchisement of people who have to work or are sick. Those problems motivated lawmakers to introduce a bill to shift the state to a primary, and that legislation has now been signed into law by Gov. Mark Dayton (D).

>In short, in 2020, Minnesota will hold a presidential primary for the first time since 1992. Unregistered voters will be able to register the day of the primary and participate. Voters don’t have to be registered with a specific party to cast a ballot in that party’s primary, but at their polling place they must state: “I am in general agreement with the principles of the party for whose candidate I intend to vote.”

>Minnesota's move away from presidential caucuses means only 14 states still use some form of that system.

1968 Democratic Convention here we come!

>Left is further radicalized under Obama
>Dems use this to their advantage by making Republicans cowtow to their every demand
>Then the election comes
>A literal communist in disguise panders to the extreme left completely
>Suddenly they realize they can't control the rabid beast
>And it's turning against them

What a glorious day when the hellspawn birthed by the left has finally turned against them. I guess we all sorta saw it coming though.

Your statement doesn't make any sense. Are you suggesting that the people who turn up to caucus should not count as a vote?

Well 1.2m is a pretty large number to overstate his deficit by. And ofc he's being beaten, Clinton has literally been preparing for this campaign for over 8 years. She has the DNC in her back pocket - just look at how many superdelegates declared for her before an actual vote was even placed. Which incidentally made it extremely easy for the media to practice voter disenfranchisement.

Funnily enough, he's winning among the white vote. It's essentially the minorities that have prevented him from becoming the nominee. You'd think pol would be more sympathetic to that...

Kinda like how Al Gore got zero percent of presidency despite getting >45% of electoral votes

That's how a winner takes all system works. Bernie got a very impressive minority of the democratic vote. Minority.

Why don't Southerner deserve representation?

Vote Trump then. The Democratic party has never represented Bernie's demographic. They've been happy to take their votes, sure, and they've generally been closer to where they sit than the GOP, but they've never represented them and they won't start now.

it's not that they dont deserve representation, it's that only 1 state max in there have any liklihood of being flipped. her weaknesses in D strongholds could easily blow their chances for what oughta be an easy win against a cartoonish supervillain who's never held any public office or even had any public responsibilities trying to become the most powerful person on earth.

DEMOCRACY IS BUILT ATOP A MOUNTAIN OF THE SKULLS OF MY ENEMIES - BERNIE SANDERS

That's my intention. If Shrillary gets the dem nomination, I'll vote for Trump early and often, as the saying goes. And you're right, the current Democratic party, at least, is joined at the hip to Wall Street/Big Business/Big Banks. And Shrillary is their flag bearer. So yeah, I'll vote for Trump. #ABC

DEMOCRACY IS BUILT ATOP A MOUNTAIN OF THE SKULLS OF MY ENEMIES - BERNIE SANDERS *(quoting Hillary Clinton)

Why does she keep losing every general poll? and yet somehow it's Bernie's fault.
strawpoll.me/10292941