Sup Forums core chart

Haven't seen of these threads in several months. How much of the Sup Forums core chart have you completed ?

It doesn't fucking matter.

the chart

same color key

This is the only real Sup Forumscore.

>2009 Sup Forumscore chart
whoa

>Black Sabbath has one album under Classics and another under Metal
>:thinking:

it's barely legible but i can't be bothered to redo it

Most recently tried Replica, it was pretty good.

>that blur
Holey moley!

green = good
yellow = eh
red = bad

No offense though I do find it quite amusing that one of the first albums you tried on there was Soundtracks for The Blind. Late Swans is a terrible idea until you've digested numerous hour-long post-rock albums and built a tolerance towards that kind of thing - that's not to say that you must force yourself to enjoy it though it is hard to appreciate if you are not used to that style of music. I'd recommend trying Relationship of Command next though the choice is all yours. Have a nice day user!

joanna, tim buckley, pixies
soft machine, robert wyatt, clouddead, earth2
spirit they've vanished, clouddead, the rest of the post rock I guess
Soft machine, fare forward voyagers, Yerself is steam
damn, didn't notice twin infinitives was on the new chart
Shit I should have gone with thicker lines

As I recall isn't there some sort of connection between Flaming Lips and Mercury Rev?

Yeah, they're somewhat comparable, but they also share a guitarist. Very highly recommend getting into them though, start with yerself is steam / boces

it wasn't the case that i was bored by it, but i felt it sounded too much like a multi-million dollar movie soundtrack
not sure of how best to put it into words, but whenever i hear something on a grand scale like that it always carries a very canned sense of being "epic" and "inspirational", regardless of the artistic intent behind it
i'll probably check out RoC at some point, though, thanks for the rec

Will do, been looking forward to them for a while.

Ah, I can see what you are getting at, the epic landscaping can come across as over-board to the extent of become almost cheesy in a sense.

bih

bump

so you like absolutely every one of these albums, none that you feel conflicted about?

p good albums you greened. How come you like most Animal Collectivebut not MPP? And wtf would you start with SFtB?

do you not like music at all or is this b8?

This user, realised I haven't listened to any of the metal. Any recs for someone who thinks metal in general is pretty cringy?

i think MPP is too crowded and chaotic for me to really get into it, which seems to be the point of the album but i've always found AniColle to be at their best with slightly sparser arrangements

i listened to SFtB specifically because someone here told me to last year, but it didn't really do much for me, felt too ham-fisted

also, since you like B&S, do you have any thoughts on The Pastels?

Melvins, neurosis, type o negative

>no classical section

Green- like/love
yellow- don't care
red- dislike

I get your point about MPP you kinda have to let yourself get lost if that makes sense, had to hear it a few times before it clicked.

The Soundtracks user was an idiot. Part of what makes Swans great is their progression. SFtB is their magnum opus and was supposed to be the end of Swans. It's much easier to get/appreciate if you've heard previous albums (and perhaps later as well).

Haven't heard The Pastels sadly, will give them a listen.

Thx m8 will check it out. I do find Paranoid okay, groove can make or break an album for me

It's not color coded, and I still have more Sup Forumscore to listen to, apparently.

Also when the fuck was Gas - Pop added? I've never seen it on there before, I thought I had organically discovered that album. Now I'm sad inside because that means my favorite album is considered entry level. :(

I know it's 2009 chart but I told myself i would finish it.
Blue is like, red is don't.

Boris - Flood is mostly intrumental and the few vocals are jap and it's not cringe if you can't understand
Try out K5, Tabula Rasa, on that chart for something different.
Listen to more bleeps if you like classical. We both should. If you can sit through B11, Ryoji Ikeda Dataplex, you can probably sit through anything. If not, then try Music Has the Right to Children.

>after all these years and memes, they still haven't listened to Floral Shoppe

I ' V E G I V E N U P

O N T R Y A N

T O S E L L Y O U T H I N G S

T H A T Y O U A I N ' T B U Y A A A A A A A A A A A N

is there anything you enjoy in life?
also lurk moar

Eheh, the green isn't made to reference my taste for any album, its simply to mark off which I have listened to juxtaposed with those that I have not. Personally I was fairly mixed about London Calling though my bias against the city may partially weigh in on that. Demon Dayz wasn't anything to write home about nor was Analphabetapolotology. The middle streak of tracks from Weezer were alright otherwise that and Pinkerton were pretty bland. A Promise was not as fun as Knife Play in my opinion and Justice sucks. Also found that I have a distaste for extreme metal/ grindcore in general.

i've been here on and off for 7 years, i just don't care about Sup Forumscore

no ratings, just what i've listened to

meh

nice man, hope you got other albums that you enjoy, what i got from your chart it didnt look like you enjoyed much of it, thats why i wrote that comment

how the fuck have you not listened to mezzanine
you really should

wew

I listened to many of it before I "joined" Sup Forums but I don't really want to listen to all of this records. You really should listen to H4, you will never come back to MPP after that. It's the best anco record. I fucking hate My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive, I can only listen to shoegaze when it's paired with noise rock, do you have any recs?