I'm 24, have no job, and a complete alcoholic

I'm 24, have no job, and a complete alcoholic.
How do I go about getting a job and improving my life? I have minimal work experience and just a high school education. I need to improve my life soon or feel like I'll end up homeless on the streets within a year.

Other urls found in this thread:

learnpythonthehardway.org/book/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how do you afford beer then, you goddamn alckie.

bump

so get an entry level job

trades pay better (construction and the like) but if you're a fat fuck it may not work

Be a truck driver.

Drinking is fun what is there to improve?

Go to AA. I did three years ago and it's completely changed my life.

Put down the bottle, get a job at Costco, exercise regularly, and start going to college. It's not going to be easy, but at least you will have accomplished something along the way.

Was living off parents but they lost their job and money is going quickly.
Don't have a drivers license
I won't even be able to afford it much less have a roof over my head
Not fat but I am weak

Fuck that, open your own business, I had a friend who opened a business picking up dog shit out of rich peoples yard. Work for yourself.

You either get into a trade or find an industry you like and get an entry level position somewhere in it.
Work your fucking tits off and make bank.

Go get money then it's not like you care or anything

what type of area do you live in? city, country, etc.

what kind of industries are around?

I live in the desert, about 2 hours outside LA
Only industry around here is truck driving, which as I said I don't have a license so can't do that. I considered military but I have an arm injury that won't allow me to join.

I was right where you were at basically the same age.
I had no work experience, dont have a diploma or GED, and a wicked alcoholic.
Scrapping together change to try and buy enough steel reserve to get me fucked up.
You cant be picky. A job is a job, who cares if youre 24 and working at mcdonalds? You just need someone to take a chance and hire you, and you work that job till your fingers are bleeding.
Unfortunately i remained an alcoholic. I was then hired to work circle k, a gas station, and kept trying to better myself.
Im no longer an alcoholic because of health issues. It amazes me how much id think and spend on booze.
I still think alcohol is beautiful though.
Just get that job and see where it takes you

Here is your options:
1) Try to scratch out a living working for other people
2) Go to school for 6 years for not something dumb
3) Open a business

>steel reserve
Yes

yo straight up how bad of an alcholic are you?

I'm 24, I drink and smoke weed everyday. However most days it's just a small glass of scotch and on the weekends I hit the craft beer pretty hard. I also smoke weed with a volcano and do dabs.

BUT I make a lot of money too. It was worth it man, you just gotta fight. Then you can give into your demons.

I mean...Not totally. I say that, but I'm drinking a non alcoholic beer right now. It's like a super light taste but it satisfies the urges.

I used to drink three tallboys of artsy craft beer a day. I've slowed waaay down but I have developed a pretty good palette.

What I'm trying to be is you can be a success but you're still going to have the same problems as I do. Don't listen to my shitty ramblings.

Remember man, there is no down time or work time, there is only time. I love my job and I'm happy, make sure you find something you can get behind and be proud of but do it for you glorious son of a bitch.

Find and get employment from a factory. You'll gain actual work experience that can get you somewhere. If that isnt a possibility, get a low pay/low effort job at a convience store or the like. While working there, never stop looking for something better.
Also, cut down on your alcohol spending, either buy cheaper booze or limit your intake. You can do it.

try a blue collar job? minimal training, 40-70k salary (depending on job and career ladder), always open for positions because literally no one wants to do them and college isnt for everyone.

try doing a manual labor job. most dont require any experience. just a good work ethic and you make enough money to support yourself fairly well. plus its a good workout. get buff n get some chicky poos

bump

trade school is the best thing ever
>get student loan
>go to trade school (welding is best money rn)
>join a union
>pay off loans within 3 years
>make 6 figures
>???????

I wish I could, I wanted to go to college before but with no family to back sign and me going through school with no sats or any credibility I couldn't get a student loan. So no college was available, no idea how expensive trade school is but I doubt I could get enough for it either.

first thing, stop drinking alcohol,
then get friend. real one that don't do drug.

Christ man, get a job at a convenience place or something and call local colleges you may qualify for some special government grant for being poor. Literally just call colleges and ask what to do. And yes, don't drink as much if at all.

4 years ago, I was just like you. To a T. Know what I did? I kept drinking for another 2 years before I realized how fucked I was. I stopped, got a better job and began looking for a permanent career to live a comfortable, modest life.

The difference is you're realizing this at 24. You're already ahead of me. So cut back at least, get some exercise, and figure out your next move.Sort yourself out faggot, while there's still time.

I'm bored so I'm getting 3 IT certifacates over the summer. I'm taking 4 classes and will be industry certified for ~$500

Find something you're good at or trade school. The LA area is definately a haven for IT shit.

A job in tech support sounds like your kinda job. Learn linux/Unix and a bit of networking or at least port numbers and bullshit the interview

I think my biggest issue is while I won't admit it or think its a real thing I get anxiety really easy. Last job I had I quit after people starting accusing me of stuff and I couldn't handle the pressure despite not doing it I couldn't stand it and just quit and left. I'm too quick to run away from things instead of toughing it out.

I'll try for tonight to be my last drinking night and start job hunting hard tomorrow but I feel like I'm picky when I shouldn't be and feel odd about being a 24 yr old who has no friends and lives with his parents still.
I technically have a certification I got for networking back in high school but I pretty much bullshit my way through all of that. I'm sure I couldn't do any of the actual work now.

bump

Not sure what else you want to hear. You say you bullshit your way through networking in high school but that doesn't mean you can't learn that shit for real now. IT is dope, I work from home and make decent enough money.

Go learn Python. That will open many, many fucking doors.
learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

Free. Go do it, and do it again. Start submitting applications, and for gods sake cut the alcohol if you don't even have a job. That kills motivation almost as bad as fapping 3 times a day.

don't think that's for him.
he sounds like a useless fag who gives up easily