Post albums you don't get and other anons explain em' to ya'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its loud guitars my man

Sonic Youth riding the alternative rock scene Mission of Burma tried to push but failed due to being so early in the scene.

Dude

Aloof intellectual noise rock

LOL

dont get it & i dont think i ever will

also david bowie except for a few songs

It's got an atmosphere unlike any other album, and It's dark but in a kind of subtle way i guess

Slint is the "normal people scare me" of Sup Forums. They had a few incredibly good songs but mostly edgy garbage. Every good song was considerably hindered by whiny vocals, though.

I really dont get what joy people derive from things like old swans
A 26 minute song that is mostly repetitive guitar and grunting with inaudibme lyrics for 2 minutes just doesnt speak to me

it's pop music with emotion. thom's vocals might get in the way kinda, but the instrumentation sounds really lush and well layered. it's like the 90s dsotm

its alternative rock not pop

yeah, but it's still pop music

I understand its influence, but this has always felt lackluster compared to other shoegaze I've listened to

This was maybe the best album that eventually clicked with me. As soon as I got it I was fucking amazed.

Soundtracks for the Blind is one of my favorite albums ever, yet the post-reunion trilogy has never stood out to me as particularly good.

I love their other 3 albums, but, besides a couple of great songs, I always thought The Queen Is Dead is just ok.

youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4
CLOSE MY EYES, FEEL ME NOW
it's that simple user

anyone care to explain LCD Soundsystem? For me it's just watered-down, more repetitive(up to the point where I almost fell asleep during their gig) version of Talking Heads

This. So incredibly goofy and weird but I can't seem to quite get into the groove. I think it's alright, but I feel like it deserves more than just being considered alright...

It's about sad experiences told in an happy way

do you even spirit and desire bro?

26 minute song that is mostly repetitive guitar and grunting with inaudibme lyrics is new swans

find one song that's longer than 7 min. in old swans (old swans end with children of god)

This is garbage.

Depending on the day I could tell you something different I like about Daydream Nation. As of right now, what I find most striking about it is the range of emotion they're able to pull out of noise and feedback. If you look at Silver Rocket, that's pure aggression. They don't prepare you for it, they just launch into it and leave you stranded in no man's land unsure of where it's going for a minute before reconstructing the song. But then, right after it on The Sprawl, they go for something more melancholic, tragic even. After the second verse and chorus you can tell they're about to hit the climax they've been building up to, and given their track record and how the album is going it's valid to assume another massive noise burst, but they pull the song in instead of letting it explode. After a bit of almost ambient strumming, they slowly impose that violent feedback on top of a peaceful lullaby-like melody, and the two contradictory elements seem to compete with each other until the ugly noise finally takes over and chokes the life out of the beauty. Later on with Candle, I hear the noise as joyful, celebratory even, which should make sense with the lyrics and chorus being among the happiest of the album. It's easy to make noise as something formless and faceless, but Sonic Youth do an amazing job at giving it shape and identity without losing themselves in it.
Spiderland took a while to hit me. At first, I pretty much only liked Breadcrumb Trail for those delicious screeches and Washer for the climax, but over time I really grew to love the storytelling. There's nothing political about it, there's not really even anything personal about it, but it's still so unique. How did they make a story about taking a fortune teller ride a roller coaster so exciting and so creepy (that "who told you you could leave?" line gives me chills)? Don, Amon doesn't tell you anything about Don as a person, but it puts you right inside his head.

Whats up with the horns lol

I like "early" Swans like Filth. Stay Here and Big Strong Boss are just so good, but I don't really get the appeal of listed here too

fun, goofy, weird and catchy. I'd say if you don't like Ocean Man, Mutilated Lips or The Mollusk than the album isn't for you

>repetitive
A requirement for dancefloor music. If you're looking for something special in the repetitive beats, arrangements or melodies you won't find anything that hasn't been done before.
However even though most of the instruments are electronic, there's an authentically organic and primal quality to the music. And even though the crescendos are musically just more of the same that had come before it except just louder, the climaxes are earned my pure force of Murphy's charisma (his voice isn't all that great) and the band's musicianship.