How do I get over my fear of stuttering? I hardly ever stutter, mumbling some of the time...

How do I get over my fear of stuttering? I hardly ever stutter, mumbling some of the time, but once in a while I will stutter. I am always terrified of stuttering, so much that I avoid conversation even with my family.

Any advice?

stop being a fag

Bump.

fuck it, girls think its cute, only assholes care.

simply get drunk before you talk to anyone so it looks like the booze is making you stutter and its not just you stuttering

Bump.

Bump.

I have a slight stutter also but I found out if I wear ear plugs it never happens

I don't know how to help.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Real talk, I know somebody who actually does stuttering stuff for stuttering. Is it that bad op?

Err, you know what I mean. Stuttering support.

Not much you can really do unless you wanna waste money on speech therapy for a minor stutter, I have one really bad and had speech therapy as a kid and teen didn't really help much.

Well, the frequency of it is fairly low, but my fear of it can be crippling. What are some good meds for social anxiety, etc? I cannot take most anxiety meds because they make my mania from bipolar disorder way worse.

Attend a stuttering support group. I went there for a few times, but never helped me.

A friend of mine used to stutter at the beginning of high school, but by the end the stuttering just vanished.

You could try singing or rapping to stop you from stuttering when you speak.

Use headphones when speaking to prevent stuttering.

I still stutter as well OP. Best of luck to you.

Remember this disorder doesn't define you expect if you do

I'll ask them some questions for you. Drop a throwaway email I can send an answer to later if you'd like. You can remove the post after

Get a mic, google epic speeches (Alexander the great, Caesar, Churchill, Hitler idk) and record yourself reading them as if you were the person that originally gave it.

It's basically practice.

I'm not gonna post my email on here, lol. I appreciate the effort, though!

I stutter a bunch, used to more when I was younger. The key is deliberately thinking of what you want to say and regulating your breathing. Notice how you don't stutter when you sing? A lot of stutter therapy mostly places its focus on your breathing, so try to use a continuous flow of air when speaking.
The fear of stuttering is something completely different, but if you only stutter every now and again just don't worry about it- usually people don't even notice.

I said a throwaway, but alright. Side note, for what its worth, I tend to stutter when I'm low on sleep. If you're pulling all-nighters, maybe some rest would help? Doesn't sound like your case, but I figured I'd throw this piece out there