600 Writers Inclding Stephen King Signed an Open Letter to Stop Trump

ipetitions.com/petition/WritersOnTrump

>Trump "deliberately appeals to the basest and most violent elements in society" and "denigrates women and minorities."

>The writers lay out a long list of reasons they're opposed to Trump, including "because the history of dictatorship is the history of manipulation and division, demagoguery and lies" and "because neither wealth nor celebrity qualifies anyone to speak for the United States,to lead its military, to maintain its alliances, or to represent its people."

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-et-jc-authors-against-trump-20160524-snap-story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=717819
youtu.be/FnaW5-Knf8M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-et-jc-authors-against-trump-20160524-snap-story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=717819

>Trump "deliberately appeals to the basest and most violent elements in society" and "denigrates women and minorities"

dude why dont you go write a book about it

>trusting a fucking coke addict with anything

How about we just go down to the rehab center closest to the White House, nab the first junkie we see and make him President?

>600 faggots fagging
=/= newsworthy

>Literally let a character based on him and his appearance be played by Idris Elba

Stephen got #blacked, there's no saving him

Holy shit, is Elizabeth Warren going the way of Bill Clinton? She looks terrible

""""American"""" """"intellectuals""""

King has been a retarded mess at least since the car accident

>the same two-bit arguments from hack writers nobody cares enough about to have their opinions matter

>the same man who wrote novels to appeal to the most violent aspects of the human mind for most of his life is condemning trump for wanting to deport illegals.
>his logic is that trump appeals to the violent aspects of society
you can't make this shit up

>deliberately appeals to the basest and most violent elements in society and denigrates women and minorities

just like stephen king's best selling literature (if you can call it that). what a fuckwad.

>LA Times
Garbage.

Hi, /lit/ here. It's commonly agreed that Stephen Kuck is pleb tier garbage. This only cements his reputation as a dumbass.

When are Michael Moore and Stephen King planning on fully transitioning? If they were women I think I'd take their opinions a little more seriously. I'm tired of being told by white men how to think.

Steven Kang

>because neither wealth nor celebrity qualifies anyone to speak for the United States

HE'S LITERALLY BEING FUCKING ELECTED

THAT WHAT THE VOICE OF THE UNITED STATES IS

HALF THE FUCKING COUNTRY HAS ALREADY SPOKEN OUT IN SUPPORT FOR HIM

>HURRR DEMOCRACY ONLY EXISTS WHEN IT AGREES WITH MY OPINIONS

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I AM TRIGGERED

REEEEEEE FUCKING DIE JUST DIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

> go down list
> a bunch of bad authors and nobodies
> Ctrl-F like 20 times, looking for anyone of talent
> there's no discernible talent

Trump really needs to bring stuff like this up.

Essentially what people like Stephen King are doing is, giving a huge 'fuck you' to middle class americans. All these average joe americans who voted for trump are being labeled as "the basest and most violent elements in society."

Trump should bring that up. He should say how the elites and the left is completely stereotyping middle-class/trump supports and literally calling them stupid. That should incite fervor.

>tfw conservative author
>tfw the entire literary industry is against me
>tfw posting even slightly conservative views on /lit/ gets you banned
>tfw people treat me like absolute shit even though I respect their views
I feel so alone.

This it's uncanny

Fuck that Who person.

like a woman squirming beneath you as you bust inside

The writers points can be summed up by this video

youtu.be/FnaW5-Knf8M

It's commonly agreed that lit is the worst board on Sup Forums

Regardless, Stephen King is shit

Criminally underrated.

>Writers are leftists

More breaking news at 7!

599 nobody ever heard of writers and stephen king

It never ceases to amaze me how these people think their opinion outweighs that of the rest of the country. Worthless nanny state pieces of shit.

See Get off lit and get reading more.

Conservative reader here, so fucking hard to find a decent novel that isn't complete liberal garbage.

Ctrl at revolt, and books by John ringo are the only ones I can think of in recent memory to be actually conservative

> Want Americans and their jobs to be protected?
> Want illegal immigration to be stopped?
> Want to withdraw Americans from messy foreign adventures?

Then you're a violent sexist bigot.

>Writing Intellectuals

Let em be the first to say that I am inspiring to be a writer and I have full support for Trump fuck Stephen King. He's a fucking hack.
My story is gonna be very redpilled tbqh

>ablooblah he said mean things

Let me be the the first to say the word you wanted was aspiring

>inspiring to be a writer
>inspiring

Puerto Rico intellectuals

t. increasingly nervous writers

To be honest Idris is good for the role, even if it's being blackwashed. What saddens me is that it confirms that there will be no sequels. Seeing as Detta hates white people and would have little to no reason to do what she does in Drawing of the Three if Roland's black.

There is a reason why in the political compass test I pick the worker and the businessman is more important than the artist and the writer.

What is the origin of this meme?

That's exactly why Idris is not good for the role.

Damn, guess I'm a #HillDog now.

Stephen King lives in a mansion in the Maine wilderness, literally as far from shitskins as you can possibly get.

>600 writers

Preachers to the Choir at the Echo Chamber dot com

fuck off kike

>liberal elite doesn't have enough awareness to realize that this is the exact kind of vapid, holier-than-thou posturing that pisses voters off and is going to get Trump elected
THE PENDULUM IS SWINGING
WE'RE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING

>600 writing intellectuals

/lit/ worse than Sup Forums? fuck outta here

>Trump fosters division
>in a political system with divided groups vying for power

Get out of here with this faggotry. Goddamn he looks like utter shit too, reminds me of fucking Mason Verger.

Are his books any good or are they just autism / sperging?

shillary has got them on the payroll.
remember writers don't make shit.

If there's no plans for a sequel in the first place there's no reason not to have Elba for it.

Besides, if they want a sequel they can just change it up a bit. I'll be mad as fuck if they make Suzannah white for the sake of Detta's now inverted "I hate niggers" though, that's just stretching too far.

Who would you rather have seen for the role, user?

>>because neither wealth nor celebrity qualifies anyone to speak for the United States

I guess we don't have to listen to all these hacks tell us who to vote for.

>la times intellectuals

Do all jews not have philtrums?

I'm seeing hime in Louisville for his book tour in June. There's going to be a Q&A so what should I ask him?

>tfw trumps poll numbers go up 5 points

>Trump "deliberately appeals to the basest and most violent elements in society".

...and king's career is built on writing books about fear and violence.

As soon as you start writing open letters, your career is over.

10/10
You've got the gift of comedy

/lit/ is basically tumblr.

Fuck him. He's an overpaid, gun-grabbing coke head. I couldn't give a fart in a high wind what his opinion is.

TRUMP 2016

>appeals to the basest and most violent elements in society" and "denigrates women and minorities."
so he hates islam as well. why doesnt he get along with trump? muslims hate jews they are counted as a minority and we know they believe in "justified" rape based on if she is alone or not covering her ankles

Some of them are really good. Pet Semetery and The Shining are great.

the stand is bretty good book

I'm sorry man. That sounds rough. As a liberal i fear you won't care what I think.

But it is really fucked the suppression of reactionary thought and hive mind that literature becomes. Stick with it. You are writing not just for yourself but for the propagation of freedom and what it really means to be an American. God bless you.

who's feeding that man estrogen? seriously, he's turning into an old lesbian.

>neither wealth nor celebrity qualifies anyone to speak for the United States

...says fucking STEPHEN KING as he speaks for the United States.

Oh, the irony.

>Open letter on behalf of hundreds of professional writers
>Start a dozen sentences with the word 'Because'
Wew

Fantastic book. One of my all-time favourites, for sure.

Also a murderer. He killed the guy who ran him over

Every person got a single vote, fucking hollywood faggots, think they can decide everything themself

King is a known retard.

Nothing to see here.

Because desperate times call for desperate measures shitlord :))))

Yet they can never come up with one (1) piece of evidence of any of these accusations.

>King intellectuals

Based King

Love the dark tower comics

Probably his wife, as she and his son already ghost write his books as he can't really do much because he has an acquired brain injury.

Prior to the accident let's not forget his book sales had already dropped because he quit drugs. The classic King books the public loves were all written when he was young and out of his mind on drugs. When he stopped he found he couldn't write anymore.

Plus he has never written a good ending EVER in his entire career.

This famalam

Sup Forums is basically ow my balls tv show

>Listening to writers on politics

All ideologes are anti-science, they dont give a fuck about evidence.

looks like the dual of Carmack. The retarded dual

>Trump "deliberately appeals to the basest and most violent elements in society" and "denigrates women and minorities."

Glad to see Trump has secured the black vote

Eh /lit/ is pretty shit anyway, it's full of the same pseudo-intellectual crowd that every other author forum is infested with, except they try to sound more "edgy" because it's Sup Forums. Just keep writing about what you enjoy and if it's any good, people will read it regardless of your political views.

Shit dude. There are millions of conservative books out there

How is the camp, got a nice view?

the best thing to come from king is kubricks adaptation of the shining which is only because the movie was such a massive departure from its source material

king is really not worth reading

No they're not, they're shit.

Way to show respect for the Western literary tradition by praising that shit lads.

Never forget that you lads are the reason european culture is on the decline

Retards looking for laughs > retards trying to ensure no one is allowed to like something written by an author who said mean things about black people in the 1920's.

Yes , there are millions of misinforming books to get sheeple to vote against their own economic interests

There once was a man named OP who enjoyed watching his girlfriend take big black dick.

Oh look, I'm an author.

Fuck off.

This, King is a pulp hack who thinks that he is an intellectual.

>current year
>reading books

detarrednu