Hey Sup Forumsros do you guys ever think about abandoning your lives? I don't mean suicide

Hey Sup Forumsros do you guys ever think about abandoning your lives? I don't mean suicide.

I often get impulses to sell all my possessions, hit the road on my bike and just abandon all the people around me. I'm starting to wonder if I'm like bipolar or something. I have a lot of toxic people around me and I would really just like to get away.
I had let a friend of mine stay with me and now we don't even talk, he owes me $400 and over the course of our friendship I'm sure I've spent hundreds on him without a thought until I realized how one sided everything was. I have a lot of friends who are generally fair-weather.
I wanted to visit my family in another state and they don't really give a shit. My dad got upset that I didn’t call him on his birthday but he was basically absent my whole life, he’s more like an acquaintance than a father.
I have maybe 4 people in my family I consider to be 'safe' people and even less friends, and I don’t really talk about this to any of them. I'm incredibly isolated anymore and I don't express my feelings I really don't want to ever I just want to leave but I think I can reach out here and just see if anyone has similar feelings.

Im really fucking high and tired but I want you to know that yes I have similar feelings. Every. Fucking. Night. And they never go away because I refuse to DO anything about it. Goodnight user.

I'm sorry bro I hope we both feel better some day.

I do have the same feelings yeah, i guess everybody feels lonely sometimes. With the technological society full of electronic devices everywhere we don't really interact truly anymore. Everybody wants to have hundreds of friends and in the end only a few are important. Feel you user! Don't give up!

Thats really my problem though unfotunately... I feel like staying is giving up. I appreciate your post user

You definitely have to change something, but you're the only one who can chose what. If you believe your city/surroundings are "fertile" enough you could start a new life, do new things and try to have new friends, maybe join a club or try some sport.
If you think nothing good will come from there you could still start a new life but somewhere else, sometime some change of scene helps a lot. Either way, good luck Sup Forumsro wish you all the best

Yeah I think what you’re feeling is pretty common. Hell, I’m a married father of 2 and almost every day my mind wanders and I think what like would be like if I just had my own place by myself and could start over. As I got older, I realized real friends were few and far between, so in the end, those I can trust/rely on are a very small group.
In the other hand, if you have nothing holding you back, then fuck it, travel. Find a new spot. If you’re still treated in the same way by a new set of people, the problem might just be you.
Also,
>the people in my life are toxic
>wat do Sup Forums?
The irony is palpable

Goddamn I can't to begin to explain how many times I've thought about just emptying my bank account, quitting my job and getting in my car and just driving in a random direction.

Leaving my phone in the table with a small posted note saying "I think I'm just done with this place and people, I'll contact you someday"

Basically just taking clothes and maybe some small personal affects. Eventually stopping at a place that for whatever reason seems appealing and getting some shitty job and start over. Just say I'm from some random place and never really give people to much info because why would it matter

Yeah, I think about it alot, I've got like 11k in my savings so I'd be fine for a good while.

This is good advice, but the people in this area are generally toxic honestly. Like its a midwest dead factory city and everything fucking sucks.

It is me to an extent, I'm really good natured and I have a lot of trouble with not wearing my heart on my sleeve, but thats the appeal of just getting away is I won't have this empathic connection to people who perpetually exploit me.

Know the feel, I don't have any kids but always wanted them and was never unsure of that until I met my Ex.

Honestly my long term plans are to finish up my tech school training which has another 7 months and just dip out of this state.

I did abandon my life, and it was awesome. Dropped out of high school, excommunicated everyone but immediate family, stopped giving fucks in general, and now I'm doing what I love on my terms. The important part was giving no fucks and just going for it.

But it's something you gotta think about OP. Is it worth it for you? How much will you lose? What can you gain?

The one thing I'll say you need to do is not be miserable. You're a waste of life if you're miserable.

Yeah no kids here either, had a really bad breakup about 2 years ago with a girl I was gonna marry (we were engaged) and it just fell apart, I'm not sad about it anymore but look at it now as was bound to happen. Made peace with it

Otherwise just I'm almost 30, been on my own since I was 20, my family is complete and utter garbage and I only communicate with my mom. Have maybe 2 legit lifelong friends that would be upset but would live and understand. Current chick I'm dating is mostly casual, nothing serious there at all plus she's 22 and isn't looking for what I am at this point.

Job is solid (electrician)but I can go literally anywhere with that.

Literally just leave a for my mom at her place with my phone on her table and just ride off into the sunset

I did it
Best decision ever
>be 22ish
>living with mental mum
>realise she's mental and holding me back
>leave home and do "live in" jobs. Worked at BBC and kids activity camp
>since then life has gotten a lot better
>now I'm married with a son. Our best friends are multi millionaires
Nottoobad.jpeg

Meant to say "literally just leave a note and my phone"

Fellow 30yo sparky here. I've got a nice relationship going on 9 years but even I get those same feelings. Sometimes I just wanna jump in the hilux, empty the bank account and drive off. Don't know what it is man, my life is pretty good but sometimes I don't want it.

Interesting perspective, that line of thought is basically where I'm at now honestly. Ideally I'd like to finish my education before making that decision but it's inevitably part of my plan anyway, I guess I'm getting impatient.

I feel like our situations are similar and I feel for you man. I'm just now barely getting out from under the grip of that grief myself. It's a good feeling once you're finally through it.

That's awesome seems like maybe you had some background skills or did you leave your place completely fresh?

The stresses add up with anything bro I feel for you but I'm glad you're leading a happy life.

To the anons above who relate: how often/seldom is "sometimes"? i have the urge once month at the least

Yeah I feel like it's stress mixed with the general just tired of the same place, people, situations, just the fact that as a teenager and most of my 20's I swore up and down I wouldn't be here. Here as in near my hometown seeing almost everyone I grew up with still here. I got out a few times and it didn't stick because of life, sure you understand that being old enough. Most days I'm happy, others I feel like I wanna just bail.

Yeah I'm not sad about that anymore, it was a long time coming and once I realized that I got through it, made peace with it. But like I said to other user (above) youll probably get it.

Everyone you'll ever meet (especially in school) says "man im not staying here forever, going to college then I'm out" goddamn was I ever surprised to see more than 80% come back and marry some old sweetheart or chick we went to school with.

Once a month is about right, for me anyway. It mostly comes with stress, or some familiar situation that really makes me angry because the situation was bad to begin with. Also I'm this user just in case you wanted to differ us

No skills at all...got no qualifications from school, never went to college or Uni.
>I was a careworker for a guy at Uni for a year
>then after that the guy got a job at the BBC
>I was in a house share with a cute Japanese woman
>she moved back to Japan, I visited her, then I married her

I hope you won't leave.. But if you ever decide to do so, please don't linger. If you can just tell me you are going.

And the trolling begins