Why do drugs and smoke cigarettes the first time when you know you're going to get addicted and have to spend money on...

Why do drugs and smoke cigarettes the first time when you know you're going to get addicted and have to spend money on it the rest of your life, when you were living fine before the drugs? Also why drink alcohol when it tastes bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ao7HjbhABAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't really remember why I started smoking, I knew it was bad for me though. Not really ready to stop yet though. When I graduate I'll probably stop. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself

Only smoke when I drink, maybe a pack a month if that. Smoking sober is disgusting and makes me sick. Don't do drugs. Drink a lot though but that's to balance out the shit of life. Eh. Everyone's got their thing to help em out.

often classified as a way to relieve yourself of stress

i started smoking cause i knew it would help me die

Smoking used to be the only way you were allowed to leave the kitchen and feel the fresh air. Otherwise chef would question why you'd need to step out for a minute.

It was kinda a bucket list thing to do so a bunch off friends and I started one day and I haven't stopped.

cuz it feels good? tf?

I too, was 14 once

I turned the money I saved from quitting smoking years ago into bitcoin, now I'm a multi millionaire

Why do anything?

always wondered this too.
why start when you know you wont be able to stop.

>Implying you'll get addicted to most drugs or cigarettes after one use
>Implying I was living fine before drugs
>Implying alcohol tastes bad

>alcohol when it tastes bad
If you think that all alcoholic beverages have the bitter taste to them you're mistaken m8. Smirnov ice - just to name one example is an alcoholic beverage you could give to new borns and they'd love it.
>cigarettes
Well i guess i got into smoking cigarettes over smorking weed. Us yuropoors mix weed with tabacco, and thus get used to it.

because when you get out of high school, child, you'll realize that the world doesn't give a shit about you. And sometimes, what you feel in the moment matters more than staring into an abyss of wasted years in front of you. Good things don't come to good people. Good things don't come to bad people. Good things come to the lucky. And sometimes, you're just not lucky. So what do you do? Do you have a moment of pleasure, or do you strut the moral high ground and know you'll never have a moment in which you feel better, or worse, than you do right now.

why have fun when you know you will die someday?

>when you were living fine before the drugs

I don't suppose your life was going all that well when you decide to do drugs tho

Alcohol doesn't taste bad, that's just a myth. A shot of Jamison or patron is smooth and delicious. The cheaper shit like popov should not be consumed

Because it feels good.

Cigarettes too. I'm kind of surprised that it doesn't get talked about at all by cigarette users. Everybody knows that alcohol makes you feel good, but everybody acts like cigarettes are just pain and an evil trick. But they're not. They cause euphoria and relaxation.

Nicotine is actually an antidepressant - not saying it's a good one, as they go, it's a really bad one, but it nonetheless has brief, intense antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects.

Alcohol can taste good if you make a mojito.
I mainly drink because i like the kinda buzzed feeling.

Let me clarify, patron silver is shit but patron gold is that good shit

Alcohol tastes great, you just haven't matured enough to appreciate it.

I was a young, dumb kid, I had planned not to make it past 30...

>32yo now...

"used to be" still is in most hotel kitchens / large function catering etc, 70 hours a week, no breaks unless you smoke and they wonder why everyone goes agency and there's a chef shortage

Best of luck \bro

But at least my 20's were a fucking roaring great time! Even the shit times were pretty damn great... I did a lot of things that most other people couldn't or wouldn't or shouldn't, and it was fucking awesome.

I wasn't living fine

Yeah if your liquor tastes bad you're not buying the right liquor.

>Why even live

>when you were living fine
you're assuming quite a bit there

Popov is that shit if you're poor, you're thinking Vladimir

At first, cigs taste very bad. Than they taste very very good, same with booze weed and vagoo kiddo

Just went cold turkey off cigs Wednesday. I've smoked Marlboro reds for 40 years. I think I've smoked enough. Wednesday sucked, Thursday was worse, today I think I understand the behavior of spree killers. I enjoyed the hell out of smoking. Try one with a cup of coffee and tell me that just doesn't do the trick. Smoking and drinking liquor is great too.

I drink $10 1.75 most of the time. Sometimes good shit like kraken and patron, even grey goose and other top shit. It all makes you feel good the same

^ All of my THIS.

Spend more than 10 dollars on a 750ml of alcohol before you say "all alcohol tastes bad", OP...

You make good points. Cig smokers alcoholics and drug addicts know what they do is indefensible

t; alcohol tastes terrible

No one ever took a sip of gas and said "mmm this is much preferable to juices"

this is pasta fags

Incorrect...

My first run-in with booze was with Guinness, and I absolutely LOVED it...

Weed was another love at first taste... Same with pussy....

Cigs were pretty spot-on, though... I hate the taste of mint because of menthol cigs...

Wrong again, son...

youtube.com/watch?v=ao7HjbhABAM

Grew up in the shitty family and nihilist philosophy ruined me when is was sixteen. Started doing drugs when i was seventeen. Really hated my life whatever i did. Guess i was just born to be addict.

Mostly because you don't actually get addicted instantly. You can smoke cigs for a few weeks (1/2 a day) and stop just fine without any serious withdrawal. The same goes for alcohol, but because most people don't drink daily or not a lot they also do not get addicted. etc. etc. etc.

The reason people do get addicted is when they start "over" using a substance. This happens either because of social pressure, for instance all you're friends smoke so you smoke along and get addicted after a while. Or when you're life gets bad temporarily and drugs like alcohol give escape from the pain.

Because I enjoy smoking and drinking.

started smoking because it was cool for all the bad kids to do. smoked for nearly ten years but im now cigarette free for almost 6 months. No more paying to smell like shit and poor health.

I love weed though. It got me through quitting smoking, helps me sleep, keeps me company, etc. It's habitual sure, but not addictive. I have back problems(only 28) herniated disc and pinched sciatic nerve. Weed helps on the days that the pain is too much for just ibuprofen. I want to avoid being prescribed opiates at all costs. Living in the heroine capitol of the world, I could see that going a bad direction.

only hard liquor tastes bad. there are many delicious beers out there.

other drugs people do to escape from reality. Most illegal hard drugs also have a big pharma approved pill version that doctors prescribe. Heroine(morphine), methamphetamine and Cocaine can all be found in a hospital. some people take illegal drugs to escape reality, some self medicate.

Why do you give a shit what strangers on the internet are doing?

Heh, I'm self-medicating like crazy then. Seriously, if what you claim is true (not saying it isn't, I just don't know), you make some good points.

I don't smoke any more for work, as a choice, but I will definitely go back at some point. Marijuana makes food taste better, sex feel better, music sound better, art look better, connects you with nature and the universe. And before, "oh, it's all in your head," so is the rest of reality; you really want to die not knowing how beautiful a sunrise really is? How good filet mignon or chocolate really tastes? How good Beethoven really sounds? Not knowing how enjoyable sex can really be? Not feeling nature, not smelling fresh cut grass, not ever really seeing art. You think you do all these things now, but you don't; objectively you don't, scientifically you don't, because the endocannabanoid system is responsible for perception and integration of these things into consciousness; it is literally happiness. They suppressed endocannabanoid receptors in several double-blind studies to develop new antidepressants and a huge number of the people in the trial literally killed themselves, because a world without THC-like compounds is a miserable world.

Also, helps with stress, is fun as shit, they government doesn't own me, we're all going to die one day, the abyss is deep, is a great social catalyst, might actually prevent cancer, lowers blood pressure, responsible for a huge amount of art and innovation. I can keep going.

Why can't you stoners simply stop with all this "Weed heals and improves life in literally every aspect" bullshit?

If you like Sucking on Fumes, most people do, I can see why smoking on fumes is just as good. Because not everything has to be via the way nature intended, we should all just inhale our lovely smog in a sealed room.

Because I wanted to show how much I don't care about rules. I started with alcohol, then cigarettes, then stuck with weed for 4 years or so. I injected meth for the first time about 5 months ago. I have now been coming to realise that I have been using drugs to ignore my underlying mental health issues. I do believe I have had some interesting and useful experiences from drugs, however I also believe I have had more experiences that were no more than selfish indulgence at the cost of my mental and physical health.

feels good, man

this, its basically slow suicide

You are just your ego. Your true self is a spiritual being living a corporeal existence. What could be more corporeal than drink and drugs?