Sup bois

Sup bois.
Got pulled over for expired registration.
wut do?
general comm thread

Other urls found in this thread:

azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/VehicleServices/Registration/renewal
justicecourts.maricopa.gov/paycitation/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=B8-IdK7FOEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get your car registration

How long expired? Can you get the paperwork cleared up and take it to a judge pleading oversight?

For sure. My buddy that is a cop on the other side said I might have to go to court for it. Cop said to get Reggie and go to courthouse. Think I'll have to go to court?

I honestly don't know. The citation has an end date a month from now.

Might be a bit late now but; Don't let your registration expire.

I have been moving around, haven't been getting all my mail so that's why idk.

Thanks. I shouldn't have, but I have had so much going on.

>he doesn't know when his registration expired
Dude, just register, go to court on it, and hope the judge will have mercy on you for being a stupid air-headed faggot.

So it does require going to court? Like I'm fine with doing whatever, but I just would like to know what is required of me beyond renewing my registration.

I know I'm stupid, I'm not complaining about anything, just looking for someone that might know what is coming next.

It expires when the sticker on your license plate says it expires... what... are you fucking retarded. Call the courthouse wherever you were or are (if you've moved) tell them whats up, they'll tell you what to do.

Chances are you can then just mail in proof of registration and have it thrown out, or you might have to pay a court fee (probably 100 bucks)

Awesome, thank you.
I'm new to owning my own vehicle. I know it's a stupid ass excuse.
Thanks for the advice, man.

get it taken care of, and I think they waive it.

read the document , I'm sure it has a "pay and don't go to court" option. you can also call the court. What state are you in?

I've been through this twice. You'll need to register before you go to court if possible (if not, you'll probably have to pay a fine on top of court costs) I dont know where you are...

For me, when I let my tag expire, I just had to mail in my proof of registration, and they dropped it, but I had to call them first to find out what they wanted and where to send it.

Second time was my inspection sticker, was told to bring proof of new sticker to court (my receipt), the judge threw it out and made me pay a $98 court fee. Being that it was out of town, and I had to make time to go, and the ticket was only $100 and I could have mailed it in, I felt like I'd gotten a nice stiff dick in my ass.

So you just need to start calling around, to the office wherever you register your car, and ask them who else to call, or if you already know, ask them "hey can I just mail in my proof, do I have to show up, how much do I need to send, etc..."

Sorry I called you retarded, I'm assuming that your tag expired... You are in the US?

Russian LEDs, boi.
I'm in AZ now.
Thanks, I'll give the courthouse a call then. I just didn't want to walk in like a dumbass not knowing what to expect.

No problem man, those were both me, and actually when I started driving I didnt know either, and my parents forgot so I got pulled over for being a month out of date in their car. That was the time they just dropped it when I mailed in proof of the registration.

I think it depends on where you are and whether or not they feel like being assholes.

Thanks man, that's a lot of help.
It's cool, i was aware I'd get fooled with.
Yeah it expired while I was out of state. Got pulled over and surprised.

yeah im in AZ. Years back i got ticket for this, officer told me that if I got it taken care of by court date, they would drop the fine. Not sure if that is still the case. I think I might have called my car insurance company since I didn't know who else to ask.

az has online registration so you could get it paid up right now if you wanted.

The officer was super chill about it. I don't really have parents or anything so I didn't have much advice given to me about much. Hopefully I can just show them my new registration. I'm fine with paying a fee or whatever, I just hope I don't go to court for it. It would fuck a lot for me.

Shit, I'll check that out.
AZ seems pretty chill about online stuff. I had to go on a MC base and get the moving truck checked. The guards and myself both forgot about them not returning my ID, and I was able to order a new one from AZ. Arrived in like three days.

azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/VehicleServices/Registration/renewal

Yeah If you're willing to mail it in (if you DO still have to pay even after registering) I very much doubt they'd ask you to go to court.

Actually I think everybody all around prefers you do it by phone and mail. No I'd say you dont have to go to court. If you get it registered, it'll probably get dropped or at most maybe a 100-150 dollar fine, and you can mail a check.

I've never heard of having to go to court for a ticket unless you want to fight it. This should be no problem, just make a few calls.

You might have to pay a fine. Either that or 10 to 15 years, depends if you see the judge before or after lunch

Thanks everyone, you all helped me out.
I appreciate it.
I'll go to the MVD in the morning and call the courthouse after.

Still down to see how your nights going though.

This is mojave county, but It'll be something similar to this:

Admit responsibility for driving with expired registration, 28-2532A, and submit proof of renewed registration. The $572.00 civil penalty can be reduced to $112.00.

can pay online here:

justicecourts.maricopa.gov/paycitation/index.aspx

Thanks dudes.
I regret embarrassing myself on here when it can be that simple. I appreciate your help.

5 am here

Bout to get on the canoe with the crossbow and try to kill bambi

No fucking way. I wish, man. I'll be down. In Texas in January to go hog hunting with a buddy.

sure thing man. fwiw, I have parents and they are dumb as fuck and mostly just give me bad advice about stuff like this. I let me mom handle one of my traffic tickets - she offered to take care of it. she totally fucked it up, never paid it, and I had to beg them not to charge me an insane fee.

Mostly life is just asking lots of dumb questions, preferably more than once because people lie, are stupid, or worse, are stupid but think they know what is going on.

go shoot some javelina in the streets up in scottsdale

hey no problem man you didnt embarrass yourself, you gotta ask shit you dont know, and that shit can be confusing when you havent dealt with it before.

anyway good luck with registration OP. I'm gonna go blaze it up to youtube.com/watch?v=B8-IdK7FOEY

That sucks man. I don't really have anyone to ask about this stuff, so I came here to see what I'd get. I'm glad you guys were here to help me out.

godspeed user

I would if I could get away with it.
There's javalina here in Havasu, but idk. I wouldn't want to get in trouble for that. I'll just wait for Texas. My bud apparently is planning on a fishing trip in the gulf as well. Hope it happens.

Holy shit, that's good. I just ruffled through the vid, but I'm saving that. Is all their stuff instrumental?

3 steps bro:
1. Pay your fine pov fag.
2. Renew your registration pov fag.
3. Stop being a dumb pov nigger faggot.

Same to you, bro.

Good advice.
Thanks man.

Keep your shit up to date. In my younger days I was like you, but worse driving around with no insurance, taking chances left and right and then got an impaired charge and related fines that woke me up. It's no fun without a car so get your shit together.

Fuck, dude. Glad you woke up. Luckily I keep track of my insurance and stuff online. I had no idea my registration would be out of date. Now I'll be home for good hopefully and not get caught off guard.

Here our reg expires on our birthdate...same as our driving licence ...

I guess it's different here in AZ. Probably would make it easier to remember.

/thread