Hi motorbike fags of Sup Forums

Hi motorbike fags of Sup Forums
I recently crashed my Harley Davidson and wrote it off. I'm now looking at getting another bike.... to mainly use for touring. Any ideas what I should get? Thinking along the lines of a Africa Twin... or a V Strom

>pic for attention

Depends. I thought about the AfricaTwin myself, but there was a good offer for a '92 Yamaha Virago 535 around my area. I went with that and it's absolutely great. Especially because it has so little electronics so I can repair it myself.
That's why I don't take models after '00

Kawasaki z800

What do you mean by “wrote it off”?

don't know about you, but i am digging the new indian stuff. scout looks pretty awesome

Yeah this is what I'm thinking myself If I get a new bike (which I was hoping to do next January) then it's going to be all complicated electrics and nearly impossible to repair myself. But then again I guess they are a lot more reliable nowadays so last a lot longer anyway.

I'd forgot about these I'll have a look

Completely smashed it up so insurance would write it off. But I'm going to repair it sometime next year

Moped, Ducati

Get what you like. If you're American though get a Harley or chopper

I got a Vulcan 800 Classic, pretty darn great pair of wheels if you care about touring and looking like a chopperfag. If you hate maintenance, and large blocks give you a hardon you could take a step up to VN 1500 Classic. Performance isn't much different, but the 1500 has a driveshaft instead of chain, and more vibration to help the bitch on the back get off on.

Quite like the Multistrada's but expensive

Am English.

I'm not really interested in looking like a chopperfag anymore.

Bmw gs 1200 adventure, pretty much best touring bike out there now.

Yup been looking at this too, but not the Adventure model as this is way too wide I think. But I like the TFT display they are putting on the new BMW's.

I'm not either. I prefer the more sporty type bikes. Really depends as well if you're going to travel long distances or not

>I'm not really interested in looking like a chopperfag anymore.
Oh well, more's the pity. In that case I second , the BMW boxers have pretty sweet rides and absolutely plenty power for/despite their weight.

Shut up... you already know what you like and what you're going to get. It's not like someone is going to post a bike and you go "Holy shit.. never seen that before.." Shut up...

I would look into Harley sports or bmw sports. Aren't euros supposed to like Ducati and Kawasaki though

eh... not op, but i don't have a high opinion of harley anymore. too much money for what you get.

I like some of the adventure bikes that BMW have. I like mostly Harley, BMW and Suzuki, not too keen on Ducati tbh

Look up confederate hellcat

Who likes this?

Eh depends. Choppers for sure but if you don't want a loud big Harley and choppers not a good option

Yeah I like the same. I used to own a Honda and Kawasaki dirt bike though when I was younger. They make good dirt bikes specifically. I don't know much about Ducati but they are popular

Quads too

when i unloaded my 79 electroglide, i was so fucking happy. i stripped that fucker down and re-did the whole thing. Got it for around $7k used, and all the electric shift stuff was fuckered on it. After i re-wired, and did a shitload of work (cdi, rebuilt trans, clutch, drive), it was an awesome bike. I just never want to go that far into a harley again. I had an indian on a test drive, and i was impressed with it. I priced one at around $11k CDN all decked out the way i wanted it with saddle bags and shit.

You're a Brit, like cruising and don't want to look like a chopperfag.
Do you like speed? Would you like to wipe the smirk off any chopperfag and most ricefags' face?

Then there's only ONE choice my friend.

ducati multistrada 1200

More info needed?
One up or two?
Day/weekend/week trip?
Distance traveling?
GL1800 can't be beat for longest trips
Ultra Limited or Roadmader close second

I'm not a big fan of the Rocket 3, and knowing me I would get through a back tyre every 5k miles.

Good choice, like the new Enduro Pro

One up most of the time
Weekend trips mostly.
Yes quite far distances (so comfort needed)

Jesus Christ I know I would die in seconds if I had a powerful bike. My brain has insistent auto destruct when given power.

Nice man. That's a classic. I wouldn't want to travel far either on a bike. I can't even tolerate driving in a car for long distances at a time.

Sorry to hear. As far as the rear tire, it can go either way. I traded in my HD for it. I was HARD on the throttle of the Harley pretty much all the time. The Rocket 3 makes you respect it.

i didn't mind it. I put a few thousand miles on it and sold it for over twice what i paid for. Had it a couple years too. I was happy. One thing with electroglides, the older ones can be fucky with the electrical

i had a Vstrom and i regreted it i sold i after 3 months,,look at yamaha xt 660 well worth it much power great ride comfort and good price also very reliable and rugged

how come you regretted the v strom?

Dude thats a good looking bike

I generally laughed in real life at pic related

Just get a Lightning ls-218.
Nothing else cuts the mustard old boy.

it was boring it was wide and it was kinda heavy for its size..i had lots of issues with elecrics and fuel supply problems alot

that's interesting cuz I really like the v strom

I dont want a pocket rocket

Electric bikes are absolute trash, 100mi range at 60-70mph? So you get to ride basically no distance then have to wait 8 hours to recharge. Besides, op asked for touring bikes.

how did you write off with it if it crashed? was it in OK enough condition to write after?

harleyfags are the biggest fucking faggots
worse than squids

Same, haven't made that face for a long time really must get back into the bikes.