Voter ID

Why is this even in issue in the US?

It's a basic requirement that you present an ID to vote here.

because dems can't win without illegal immigrants voting for them

A lot of vote fraud happens in america. kek, dumb burgers.

Because it's prejudice against poor people

Das raciss mayne

If we require voter IDs, how will we rig your elections with mail in votes?

Be a good goyim and vote Left forever.

Fuck this is so stupid.

I've seen this argument before. "The poor can't just take off work to go wait in a line and pay money to get an ID"

The Left here wants voter fraud.

>work

literally every first world country requires i.d. to vote, including the dear progressive ones that leftists love

>It's a basic requirement that you present an ID to vote here.
Because it is compulsory to vote there. You show ID so they can put a little check mark or sparkly star sticker next to your name.

But with respect to America, I have no clue.

MUDSHIT IN CHARGE OF LONDON

Satellite DMV kiosks at the welfare office would take care of that. They're there anyway.

And before you say it, the one thing I agree with them on is that state IDs should be free for everybody.

If IDs are free and automatic, sure.

If IDs cost money (or time, aka money), that is an unconstitutional poll tax.

Ding ding ding

You have dog shit for brains

Voter registration is not necessarily a poll tax, it's a registration fee.

This would go to court but probably go in favor of the voter ID.

What I want to know is how these people even function without having an ID at all? Like how do they use cards at the store or buy alcohol or even if they're so poor, prove who they are for benefits? What happens if they have to interact with law enforcement?

Why don't they just have an ID, period? It's not like they're being asked to go get a special one just for voting.

>Like how do they use cards at the store
they don't, they pay in cash

>or buy alcohol
ghetto liquor stores aren't known for carding

>or even if they're so poor, prove who they are for benefits?
This is the only valid question, IMO, but I don't think it's that hard if you know your (or a fake) SSN.

>What happens if they have to interact with law enforcement?
They give fake names until they compare their photos with prior mug shots.

It makes it more difficult for Democrats to rig elections and thats racist

>What happens if they have to interact with law enforcement?
They give fake names until they compare their photos with prior mug shots.

So clearly upstanding citizens who should be helping make decisions that ultimately affect other people's wallets and incomes. Got it.

Yep, you got it kameraden.

First time ID's here are free, if you lose it or fuck it up, you have to pay to get it back again m8 (around 10 dollars or less).

That seems like a totally reasonable policy.

It's an issue, just like every other bloody issue in this country, because no one wants to take the time to discuss it in detail.

Voter IDs will increase the accuracy of votes by an unknown amount (additional burden of proof on the voter). Voter IDs will also deter voters by an unknown amount (Voter ID cost, unable to vote due to misplaced ID, etc). These have to be weighed carefully to live up to our promise of the right to vote.

If we are going to require a Voter ID to vote (which is a right given to all citizens), then all citizens should have very reasonable access to this ID, and the barriers that would deter voters should be mitigated or outright eliminated. If the cost to get an ID is subsidized or is reduced to zero, then cost is no longer becomes a barrier to voting. If the lead times to make an ID are reasonable and accessible to the public, and secondary methods of identification or authentication are allowed if a voter is unable to wait for this deadline before voting, then most of the "burden" claims disappear as well. Then we just need to look at exceptions and deal with them appropriately, such as an undocumented homeless person trying to vote for the first time or a senior who didn't read any of the new notifications and forgot his wallet that day.

Do we use more tech? What logistics are required? Does this even make an impact on the problem?

We need to step up our game.

How is it that every other major developed country manages to do this with disenfranchiing people. It's not other countries don't have poor people or or okay with not everybody having the right to vote.

The only people disenfranchised are the core Democrat constituencies of zombies and illegals.

You need government issued ID to get a driver's licence, buy some booze, open a bank account, and register your kid for school.

However, using it to prevent voter fraud is racist.