Anyone ever been to Taiwan? I'm really interested in the Chinese language...

Anyone ever been to Taiwan? I'm really interested in the Chinese language, but China's internet censorship and shitty culture and shitty simplified hanzi make me not want to go there. Is Taiwan also shitty?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taiwan_food_scandal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Taiwan is prob the most underrated country. I would def go Taipei over Shanghai or Beijing if I were to learn Mandarin

>Mandarin
>Taipei

Oh look it is another ignorant American
They use a different language called cantonese you faggot
Many of them can't even speak Mandarin

>cantonese
That's HK

Many Japanese go there.

That's a good sign

You must be baiting

nigger

I hope this is bait.

I've been to Taiwan twice.
Taiwanese are friendly and kindly.
Taiwanese food also nice.

Taiwan is amazing. It's like an alternate history of China where they didn't go full retard commie. Love it, amazing country.

This is probably bait, but they speak mandarin.

Taiwan is very nice; there you can see well-preserved Chinese culture instead of the mutilated abomination of the mainland.

The people in Taiwan are by far the nicest out of all Asian countries I've visited (China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore). It's like the polar opposite of mainland China, where the people should literally be fucking exterminated.

On the other hand, I couldn't help but notice that the standard of living doesn't look great. Everyone kind of expects Taiwan to be reasonably rich, but the cities don't look great tbqh. If you want to see an interesting and lively city, go somewhere like Shanghai instead. Or take the middle ground and try HK?

IMO if you want to go or live in an Asian country, you should decide what your priority is:
nice people -> Taiwan
high tech / very modern -> Korea
tradition / all around comfy place -> Japan
suicide -> mainland China

What about Singapore?

Taiwan and China are literally the same

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taiwan_food_scandal

>very modern
>korea

There's no difference except Tiawan is richer desu.

Taiwan is like China with people from all over China in it, because it's attracted a lot of immigration. So you get a big mixture of Chinese culture from the north and south. It's a pretty vibrant place. Taiwan is a Cold War ally o f the West and so we've entertained the hardliner idea that it's the "real China" for a long time, but that idea is now mostly kept alive by Western stereotypes that reflects the changing politics of Taiwan less and less.

Looks pretty modern in the most depressing way.

>high tech / very modern -> Korea
ehh besides internet speed its mostly commie blockland still

this
..and so is Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia or any country with a large chink population.. We chinks are simply chinks since old habits die hard, just head to korea or japan, don't come anywhere near us

Holy shit my sides. They speak fucking MINNAN you dumb cunt. And Taipei way less so than in the south.

Singapore is hot as shit so I didn't enjoy it much. It's extremely clean though, if that's your thing.

not sure what you define as "high tech" then. what I meant was that the facilities that people use daily are extremely modern, as opposed to a country like Japan where you can see that they peaked in the 1980-1990s and a lot of the technology reflects that and is outdated. korea always has the latest technological advancements everywhere - in the streets, in the shops, on the subway, etc.

t. Edward Kim

choosing to learn traditional over simplified characters in this day and age would be beyond retarded

If you're living in Taiwan long-term, good luck without it. Also, they're cooler.