Can repetitiveness be used in a way that makes the music better? If yes, give examples

can repetitiveness be used in a way that makes the music better? If yes, give examples.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c_V1JvuLyWw
youtu.be/M2EurT5gOdk
youtube.com/watch?v=crblDrrcunQ
youtu.be/fhiNtanvImg
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3W-3HPMWg
youtube.com/watch?v=wWQ1AQ_dMFo
youtube.com/watch?v=tbKBhfdzOzI
youtube.com/watch?v=R4tte9-In0g
youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CQHOsWvY23g
youtube.com/watch?v=XYrQC-jWMFM
youtube.com/watch?v=Eice3UrW-Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=WX3l1v8fXdg
youtube.com/watch?v=hmOD7460sCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

techno

Philip Glass.

Phillip Glass
Steve Reich

this insanely vague of a question deserves the vague answer of "yes"

you familiar with the term refrain?

Dumb frogposter.

came here to say Steve Reich

a friend put Music for a Ton of Musicians on during our 7 hour drive thru Texas to Arizona and I was converted

(you)

literally all minimalism and post minimalism

krautrock

The brains enjoyment of music comes directly from the anticipation of what's to come and then hearing it happen. Think about that for a while.

>reddit spacing
dumb redditor

youtube.com/watch?v=c_V1JvuLyWw

Music is literally repetition. Almost every drumbeat you've ever heard repeats itself several times before moving on to the next section. Almost every song you've ever heard has the beat even;y and repetitively spaced out.

You're probably so fucking stupid that if you heard a song that contained minimal amounts of repetition you wouldn't call it music.

Nice!
What converted me to minimalism was Koyaanisqatsi. Steve Reich soon clicked afterward

swans

These guys know what's up. Also the concept of beauty in it's most basic form is repetition.
Beauty = repetition

Pantha du Prince.

youtu.be/M2EurT5gOdk

Good ol' Daft Punk

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=crblDrrcunQ

A majority of dance music

>If yes, give examples.
Greatest piece of music incoming, even /classical/cucks can't compete.
youtu.be/fhiNtanvImg

dont think so
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3W-3HPMWg
but I appreciate you for acknowledging Negativland as superior to Hallogallo (Fur Immer is still their best btw)

VELVET UNDERGROUND KILL YOURSELF OP

I would not even consider a collection of sounds as music if it would not contain some forms of repetition.

youtube.com/watch?v=wWQ1AQ_dMFo

Then what's the point of syncopation?

Yea? Well screw you then, buddy.

riffs

I think it's called a core-us

you fags cant even comprehend the greatness that is Hero

literally every pop song

lcd soundsystem

uh gee i donno

So long as it works to accomplish the intentions of the composer, anything can good. You're an idiot.

/thread

but you can't space on reddit

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

youtube.com/watch?v=tbKBhfdzOzI

Math rock

motif/ostinato is an integral part of basically every kind of music, and everything else is a conscious rejection of it

so yeah maybe you're on to something op

Darude Sandstorm

youtube.com/watch?v=R4tte9-In0g

Burzum - Dunkelheit
youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ

Change is for the brain
Repetitiveness is for the heart.
Good music will strike a perfect balance of the two.
Too much of one will make it shit.

It's called motif and reprise.

There are to words to describe when I first listened to The Old Haunt off of Act IV by The Dear Hunter, then heard its reprise in The March in Act V at the end of the album. Not to mention the entire opera begins and ends with the same motif and it's sublime everytime it comes to an end.

agree

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=CQHOsWvY23g

krautrock
reggae

fuck off you plebs

Yes, You Turn Me On by Beat Happening is nothing but repetition and it's amazing

You would know

Glenn Branca

Definitely minimalism

Philip glass is utter shite

Almost all music

A trick that some jazz musicians use is when they make a mistake, they'll repeat it so that it sounds intentional.
They instantly go from being a fuck-up to "having interesting phrasing"

>You would know
>Calls someone a redditor because of paragraph spacing that's apparently only relevant on reddit
>Somehow they know this

Nice paradox

have you ever heard of all music ever?

these

one of the main tenets of krautrock

youtube.com/watch?v=XYrQC-jWMFM

Repetition is used in the vast majority of music.

you mean Like Memphis rap ?

youtube.com/watch?v=Eice3UrW-Kw

First one wasn't me. You're all reddit

No Credit Card- Neil Cicierega

If you count noise AUBE.
That shit is gold.

no

Music is always repetitive. If music is not at least somewhat repetitive it's pretty much tripe.

Yes, it's very common in Krautrock
(and Stereolab) youtube.com/watch?v=WX3l1v8fXdg

John Coltrane must make a lot of mistakes

Shite

Why is the first listen so often the best?

Like another poster said, repetition is an integral part of reggae, and Jamaican music in general. The very (uniquely Jamaican) concept of the "riddim" is based in part on the fact that there is a repeating bar that comprises a fair portion of the song, interspersed with parts meant to break up the sound from becoming excessively repetitive.

But listen to any dancehall or raggamuffin, and you're sure to hear what sounds like essentially the same backing track being played on loop.

For example. This slams, and the repetition is palpable.

youtube.com/watch?v=hmOD7460sCs

John Maus uses repetition in songs to mock and parody

fpbp

robert hood's minimal nation