Was He Ever Good?

Ever since he's been at Arsenal, he has been mediocre at best.

>literally got about 20 assists by january last season

>1 half of a good season

Besides that. Hes been mediocre.

>8 goals 19 assists last season
>9 goals 8 assists already this season
>1 half of a good season, ever

nice one mate.

can you tell me who in England has more assists than Ozil over the period he's been in the EPL? I'll help you out; Hazard, Silva, Mata, Eriksen and Coutinho all have less. Are they "mediocre" too?

he's been great but he's too inconsistent throughout the season. He has amazing spells but then an injury or a few games off and he's back to being invisible.

he also needs to work on his finishing, he could have a lot more goals

had a nice assist for a city goal today

>already
28 out of 38 games is hardly "already"

He's been very good. As good as his transfer plus a big contract? Depends on what he demands

No he's been terrible ever since I started watching football

2010 World Cup

It's not Ozil's fault, really. Look at the attacking mids who have done better than him in the past couple years:

>Hazard has Costa
>De Bruyne and Silva have Aguero
>Eriksen has Kane and Alli

And they all have excellent central midfielders supporting them. Ozil....has Giroud. Sometimes Sanchez. And behind him he's got Xhaka and Coquelin, who wouldn't make the starting eleven of any other top 6 team.

He's a great player, but he isn't the type of player who will carry a team. He'll take a good team and make them amazing (which is why Madrid broke all those goalscoring records when he was there). If Ozil played for Spurs or Man City, he would be moonwalking to the title. But instead, he's stuck playing for Arsenal.

he played for schalke and werder bremen before going to real, how good do you think he would be? real bought him solely based on the 2010 world cup where he was really good (for the last time)

Please include a picture with your post next time

He was good before arsenal, but you wouldn't know that sice you started following soccer last world cup

Ozil needs at least a few world-class teammates to shine. Of course he cannot be successful when all of his potential assists are wasted by players like Giroud, Walcott, or Welbeck

I think the argument is that a lot of attacking midfielders who cost less than him and earn less than him would have done just as well prior to Arsenal. You take Eriksen or Mata, put them in Ozil's spot in Real Madrid, and they would be just as good if not even better.

he just performs on the same level as the team around him

his point still stands, Sup Forums is retarded

Last season stats are misleading
Didnt he have 19 assists by like december or some shit?

50 games
50 assists

would be even more with a competent striker

Eriksen's the closest in comparison desu and he's just had Kane playing with him recently. He had utter shit in Soldado lately and still did pretty well. Being surrounded by shit teammates isn't an excuse. Even Mata did OK under >Moyes.

I really hope he leaves
Arsenal would benifit from a CAM that presses and is willing to cover central mid if others move forward
He's too indifferent

Eriksen has a work ethic though

this burger is right.

/thread.

he was never good, foolish bongs got played again

Arsenal get enough goals, his finishing is not really important.

Ozil is way better than those two guys.

>ozil is way better than eriksen

Lmao, so why does he play for a worse team?

>play in leliga
>in halal
>with rolando, benzema/higuain, di maria in front
>with mouyes counter attacking tactics, even against relegation fodder
oh wow it's surprising he got so many assists

>playing in eplel
>in arseanal
>with sanchez, walcott, giroud in front
>with wonga possession tactics, even against relegation fodder
>still manages to disappear in 2/3 matches
wew lad

He's a luxury player. The team needs to have the basics down before he can excel

I still think he's unfairly scapegoated when so many other Arsenal players seem clearly more detrimental to the team, e.g. any of the British lads

Britons are shit.

I don't even know what point you are trying to make, congrats lel

>I still think he's unfairly scapegoated
he is, 95% of arsenal squad are absolute mediocre trash

I applaud Wenger for attempting to build a homegrown core for his team but at this point they all have to be considered failed prospects. Chamberlain, Walcott, Ramsay, Gibbs, etc., are ultimately mid-table tier players, like Wilshere

Yes, up until 2012/2013 he was very good

But afterwards he went on downward spiral, he wasn't even that good at the 2014 World Cup anymore and now he's become a very average player who literally can only compete against small teams.

Shouldn't be in our WC squad for Russia desu

He wanted a homegrown core so they wouldn't leave although now they're in a good financial position so there's no need for Arsenal to get cucked out of their players.

It's a team sport? 11 guys on the field

>Shouldn't be in our WC squad for Russia desu

this has to be bait

or so you think

yes. he broke the chances created record last season. but he is a luxury player who isnt really worth it for a team like arsenal.

Who does Coutinho have?

Too irregular but had some really good performances at some top games in Halal