Star trek discovery hate thread. Wtf is this garbage!

Star trek discovery hate thread. Wtf is this garbage!

I really liked the time loop episode but at no point have I felt like i'm watching Star Trek. I get that feeling more when i'm watching the Orville.

Looks more like a nigger then a klingon

Show is a abomination to star trek franchise, the Klingons are so stupid lol

Federation at war.
Creature kills entire glen crew. beam creature abord.
Destroy the glen for no apparent reason.

Show is supposed to take place before TOS, yet tech is waaay beyond what existed even on TNG.

Not sure what this show is supposed to be but its not ST.

Things that are stupid:
The Klingons (everything about them)
The technology (holograms, instant ftl travel) that don't exist till way later in the series
The SJW vibes
The lack of real Star Trek ideology

But it's still better than Enterprise so far

>I get that feeling more when i'm watching the Orville.
Because Orville is a blantant fucking ripoff.
>triggered
Well yeah. I'm triggered that they can get away with stealing shit. I just want to them (Fox, Seth, who-fucking-ever) to just say "yeah we wanted to make an homage to Star Trek" Just fucking say it.
>then they'd get sued
Good. Because you SHOULD get sued into oblivion when you outright steal creative properties. All the fucking good shit out there that doesn't get made and instead they steal shit. And then people fucking reward it by watching it. Fuck you people and your lack of integrity. I'm not even a fan of Star Trek. I'm a writer in the industry. Fuck you people for watching Orville and fuck Fox for stealing shit instead of doing something original.

Meh. It's entertaining, I download it so I can't really be pissy about stealing.

It's just another case of modern media being too afraid to do something new and build it from the ground up, so they just grab something old and force their new idea into it creating a mediocre product.

3/10 bait

the thing I hate the most about this shit is how NBC has taken the name of an amazing franchise, rival only to Star Wars, and used it to take advantage of trying to get on the independent network's streaming service.

literally fuck NBC.
People have Netflix because it used to be amazing.
People have HBO Go because it's a reasonable alternative to paying a retarded amount of money for a channel that doesn't come included with a subscription that's already too expensive (cable packages)

NBC is just fucking NBC. The closest thing they've had to popularity is LOST.

blame the TV companies and the film companies. because of how the cinema ones were licenced, the TV company has rights to make series, but not the visual design IP rights of previous series. Therefore, you get idiocy like redesigned klingons, as they're not allowed to use the old design look.

>The SJW vibes

Oh fuck off.

"SJW vibes"? have you ever watched a single fucking episode of star trek?

you've completely missed every single thing in the history of the franchise? Like the first interracial kiss on US TV? a black female officer on the bridge of the ship, at the time when blacks were still being segregated from where they could drink water? a Russian on the bridge crew, at the height of the Cold War? later ones with a woman as captain, a black commander, etc? The episodes which were thinly veiled allegory for the ills of Vietnam, or "next generation" episodes showing the dangers of abuse of power in command, or an episode were an alien species had gender identity that was fluid?

if you seriously wish to kick out against a star trek iteration as "SJW vibes" you patently have no clue what star trek is. And I say that as someone who only has a passing interest in it. (but I do love sci-fi art - hence why I know about the IP rights issues mentioned above)

Hate Star Trek: Discovery because of Anthony Rapp - used his newfound star trek fame to kill another actor's career. Good Jerb

>"SJW vibes"? have you ever watched a single fucking episode of star trek?
This, you can bitch about SJW types infecting the media you like pretty legitimately in a lot of cases, but star trek has kinda always had that as a theme

This, the sequel plague started in the 70s and since then it's reboots and remakes and just plain US versions of successful foreign films.
Check out The Wailing, a Korean horror film. I reckon a US version of it could be well done. It's got the best atmospherics and lacks the usual horror morality of western films.

Seth's whole MO is to latch onto the past and make himself a fucking self-insert into all the shit he likes.

All his crooning/singing because he wants to be a part of the "Rat Pack" why do you think he always has Frank Sinatra Jr. on Family Guy all the time?

Patrick Stewart is on American Dad.
So many TNG references on Family Guy.
News articles before Orville about MacFarlane's interest in making an animated TNG.

Dude's a fucking self-insert, and that's all he's ever intended to do.

>Klingon Niggers want to hold on to their cultural Identity and not integrate with the White Man federation because they fear that the acceptance of federation laws will homogenize and obliterate their culture.
>Dumb bitch Nigger Right Hand tells the Klings to fuck off because she's a regressive leftist racist who hates klingnigs, and proceeds to do nothing but dumb ass shit the whole show.
>Gets her cap killed rather than retreat the ship to a more defensible location, because apparently they can just assassinate the Klingnigs Martain Luther King.

Tl;dr: Nigs fighting Nigs and dragging society down with them. Lefties trying to write Klingons as White Oppressors fail to see they got the roles reversed and the federation are the bad guys.

>bitch about SJW vibes in Star Trek
>conveniently ignores/forgets the entirety of TNG to help his argument

episode was great until the shitty ending

I just really chuckle at the shroom powered teleportation drive

I liked how the perspective wasn't with the person that remembered, I don't think i've seen that before.

It feels more like star wars lol klingons look like dindus lol

And they sound like they have really bad hay fever

I hate Star Trek:Discovery because of spinning, seperated illogical saucer sections. Shitty Engineers. Bad Stoy Writing, (I mean shoehorning spock relation to make trek fans like micheals more? oh oh Female with male name.) (Not a bad character though) have to name drop Elon Musk to stay relevant. Big Bang Theory actually had Elon Musk Guest star! Oriville Superior show. Klingons that look like Cance and talk like ass. Really making Earth's Microscopic super bug an alien? Writers can't write.

concise and to the point

As if any of you fucking fanboys would do any different than seth. I love orville. its a nice continuation of TNG but with more laughs and ACTUAL 3dimensional characters.

Family guy is funny
American dad is funny

Seth is living the dream most of us had when we were still kids.

Orville is a better show. Star Trek is finally dead to me.

1/10 shit tier bait

one thing i will say that pisses me off about discovery, is they swear in it. they shit all over the legacy of gene roddenberry by writing a hacky sjw shitfest. perhaps if the writers weren't shit tier it would make a huge difference.

as for you saying the orville sucks, seth rogan took the time to write a space comedy that fit closer to the star trek franchise than the hacky discovery could ever hope to be. Why? because the has talent and isn't a sjw cuck like yourself. Go have fun sucking all those feminine penises

its not that bad imo.

tbh, i'm more pissed off at the fact they swore. they lost me at that moment. kinda the one big thing about star trek, they don't drop f-bombs.

*claps*
only an idiot would get mad at ST for SJW
thank u for pointing out the b/tards