Truckers BTFO completely, MASS UNEMPLOYMENT NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=bK76W1kH4jA

RIP Truckers, eat a fat metal robot dick.

>my job is to drive

It's fucking over for you dumb hick trash. RIP 1.5 million+ Jobs. A fucking bunch of ex-google engineers are literally skull fucking you right now.

Glorious technology finally destroying meatbags. Muh workers, Muh Labor Market, get fucked retards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM
youtube.com/watch?v=3y_J7fg03fA
wired.com/2016/01/the-clever-way-fords-self-driving-cars-navigate-in-snow/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Hard Worker

Like that fucking matters. A robot works 24/7 and doesn't get paid. You fucking lose. Dumb Meatbag Trash. Your labor is worthless.

Takes me back to that Simpson episode when Homer has to temp for a trucker and falls asleep, realizing the truck has autopilot.

I recently found out most modern big rigs are automatic transmission. I really lost respect for truckers if they're not gear jammers anymore.

Meatbags = extinct soon.

I don't fucking trust this shit at all. They have to revoke everyone's right to drive before they let robot cars on the road. Good fucking luck doing that in 'Merica any time soon

Who will refuel the truck?
Who will unload the truck?
What happens if the truck needs to do a special maneuver?

I'm all for making things more efficient, and I realize this is just the beginning, but there are many things that humans are still needed for in the trucking business.

inb4 butthurt trucker

you first

Can't wait for Euro Truck Simulator 2020

>ruining people's lives
>it's their fault

these trucks will be required to have somebody at the wheel at all times. all it means is that the job of a trucker will now be easier.

I'm stoked for automated cars and the collapse of the used car market in the next 5 years. Turns out leasing was the smarter choice after all ;^)

Bernie said truckers should be trained to conduct trains under his Presidency

>uses cameras and sensors to keep a truck inbetween white lines and a safe distance from cars on a stretch of highway

Yeah, when they can strap down and tarp a flatbed load multiple times and drive through rush hour traffic in a major city they might be automated.

Until then it's just improved cruise control.

I will never let a vehicle drive for me. Ever. Period end of discussion

there's no way it'll be legal out the gate to have self-driving anything without a human behind the wheel. then it'll be legal to not be behind the wheel, but you'll have to have a human in it. 20+ years later fully autonomous self-driving cars will be legal.

if there's any kind of trucker's union, triple my time estimates.

You probably won't have a choice friend.

Enjoy your death by human failure.

Pajeet for min wage and will be replaced yearly.
Amazon stock robots.
Pajeet remote driving through camera.

Nope. Don't care. I will. No manual choice mode? Ill figure out alternatives.

Heh, spoken true just like any other 4 wheeler that doesn't understand the importance of a trucker.

It ain't gonna back itself, there's still a driver. Maybe you should be more thankful, after all you're using a computer brought to by a trucker, using power brought to you by a trucker to power it, and of course all the infrastructure of all that entails.

t. trucker

Yeah right. Y'all dumbass nigguhs'll be flyin all over the place

it's all a ruse. they don't want people to be able to drive themselves or ram through barriers. that's why new cars brake automatically. they want to be able to turn off our cars with a button. drive us all of a cliff on auto pilot. fucking ruse!

I don't care what any of you say the most unsafe vehicle on the road are pick up trucks. More specifically the lifted ones.

No I mean legally you will be required to have an automated car or insurance will cost so much more to drive yourself you won't be able to afford it.

>tfw 21 y/o trucker

Fuck yeah give me that sweet unemployment and NEET package

Oh most definitely. ABS is utter shite on snow. Oops. One of your 38 cameras was chipped by a stone. Now u ded and in 36 hour traffic like chinamen

Most truckers (ones I know and my dad) hate that shit. They prefer manual because the automatics are slow as shit and makes merging on the interstate fucking hell. It's not really their fault their companies force this shit on them for fuel efficiency.

As if we haven't figured out all the boomer schemes already

>yonder looms have blown ye luddites thee fuck out

Great, guess now that menial labor is extinct we no longer need the 30-50 million strong horde of undeported migrants squatting in the united states

we expect your robots to have them rounded up in temporary internment camps for deportation before sundown, or you are out of the A.I. business

- t. citizen

Whoops forgot to take off my trip

It is coming much faster than you think.

youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM

Actually. They will be programmed to smash into manual drivers. Hyperloop trains sound iffy. Thanks zionism

But this has already been proven to be impossible. Completely autonomous trucks are far off from being a thing since there it a lot to driving a truck besides just sitting in the seat. Trucks need to fuel, park, navigate hazerdous situation that requires proper judgement, ensure that equipment is safe and in satisfactory condition, and more.

It isn't like flipping a burger.

I am sure the truckers will be completely fine with it and not riot :^). Everyone is okay when mass unemployment happens

My employer got all new auto's and holy fuck, when empty, i accelerate like im loaded. It shifts so fucking quick, and "manual" mode only lets me go to 1700 rpm, instead of 2000. It's real nice in rush hour.

>automation will make immigrants unnecessary

I for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Unfortunately this is probably going to be the case, especially considering in America at least, you have a right to freely travel, but require licensing (and insurance by law in some states) to even operate a car. The moment this rolls out to the consumer the days of the manual car driver will be coming to an end.

Oops there's the magnetic gas filler. The promises of handling and etc etc. Don't underestimate how garbage people think

ITT mad meatbags upset they are going extinct.

How do you expect your atoms to be used?

>Companies relentlessly mechanize the labor force
>Still insist that everyone works a job to prevent starvation and homelessness

ayy lmao humanity

Why are you so retarded and lazy you can't even tilt your fat diabetic foot away from yourself by 25 degrees?

>"human failure"

>blatantly forgetting who programs, manufactures, and controls these robots

How easy is it gonna be to rob these things? Drive along site the truck with a microwave gun, take out its computer, it pulls over, unload the truck. Can't wait to get a pallet of iphones for free.

>make a self driving truck
>give it windshield wipers

Perhaps. But there will always be refugees that need your help. And it's your duty as European to take care of them, espcially England, countries that colonized and exploited half the world. Time to pay.

>mfw niggers jump in front of the autotrucks and make them crash
liberal utopia cucked once again

They can

You just have a dock worker or two with cdl

Exactly. Fuck it. Play backgammon so you don't notice HAL-3000 going Country Kitchen Buffet on your ass

Chill out bro.

It's only a matter of time until a big enough % of people are replaced by automation before we see the end of capitalism and wage slavery. This is only the beginning.

>implying it wont go to niggers and women

>Who will refuel the truck?
robots
>Who will unload the truck?
robots
>What happens if the truck needs to do a special maneuver?
robots

Why do you think that robots can't do these things?

what about rain tho

K, found the luddite

Basic Guaranteed Income probably. How boring

WOW Nice driving on clear roads but how does it fair in heavy stop and go traffic due to human error?
Why don't they show these automated computer trucks during the most dense and packed roads?

THIS A FUCKING ABOMINATION NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THIS STUPID HURR DURR CLEAR SKIES NO HUMANS ON THE ROAD WE'RE SO PERFECT BULLSHIT

2/10 not impressed
SEX BOTS WHEN!?!?!?

A little google prius is a lot different than an 80,000lb truck.

Google's car hit a bus earlier this year.

They've also been in a lot of accidents before but they settled out of court so they could claim each one was the human's fault and not theirs.

seeing that shit and knowing what it is, is not the same thing. it can only recognize shit it was programmed to.

>meatbags

Are you HK 47 from KOTOR? Weakest term I've ever read on this board.

It has magic robot fingerprints that grip the road. Made from 6 million foreskins

You're celebrating having more people on welfare?

Idiot.

I meant as far as the on-vehicle cameras are concerned

Because I've never seen a warehouse that has an automatic forklift.

Where are these robot forklifts?

How the fuck is there going to be driverless semis when they can't even automate a forklift?

This.
Capitalism absolutely requires inefficient human-based work force to maintain a proper economic cycle.

Automation is death to any inefficiency, which includes the inefficiency in the economy that's being automated.

>but there are many things that humans are still needed for in the trucking business.
youtube.com/watch?v=3y_J7fg03fA
lol, I mean seriously. What the fuck is wrong with you Sup Forums? Why are you this behind in tech?

>6 gazillion

Ftfy

>Self-Driving anything
Nice try, Correct the Record. Stop being stupid faggots and actually bring forth arguments to convince me, instead of blatantly shitposting and sliding threads.

what about fog

Machine Learning m8

I don't trust it either, particularly knowing what I know about computer programmers.

The main reason is that they are going to have to program moral decisions, which I don't like at all.

For example, suppose the truck is driving and the car in front of it stops short. Now, the truck is either going to have to hit that car or swerve and sideswipe the car next to it. You can imagine a million other hypothetical scenarios in which a moral choice will have to be pre-programmed.

I don't want programmers making these kind of moral decisions.

The tesla self charging snake is more impressive desu.

wired.com/2016/01/the-clever-way-fords-self-driving-cars-navigate-in-snow/

>allowing vehicles of that size to be driven automatically across all freeways and highways

no governing body is going to allow this on public roads.

Good posts. Robocunts btfo

>tfw 25 year old trucker

They're fucking over everyone. Do you know how easy my job is? I ride the cruise control the entire day through the country while listening to my YouTube playlist.

Do you know how much I cleared last year? Nearly $70,000.

I doubt the govt. will legalize these, as 10m+ people would become unemployed and a burden on society.

First of all,
>A FUCKING LEAF
Second of all,
>A FUCKING LEAF, not wanting virtually unlimited production of items, and money only being a thing to prevent overconsumption of goods.
Now, once more for good measure,
>A FUCKING LEAF!

Because it's 2016 and we only just have some prototypes that can pick up a 10lb box

Talk to me in 2020 and we'll see how far robotics has gone.
We have gone very far with stationary robots (assembly line robots), but we have just started with mobile robots that need to adapt to different environments and situations, aka "smart" robots.

How is that worse than methed up rednecks making those decisions?

Hi grandpa, thanks for the birthday card you sent!

They will find one.

Who has more power? Truck drivers or capitalists.

With the money they save in labor they'll build their own roads.

That'll be $116,412,314,212,946,741.71 for your new cologne-scented Schick Nano

what are you talking about. even the best ai only knows what was put in it. it can't think outside what has been programmed. they had an ai try to look at pics of dogs and wolves and try to tell what was what. it was right 100%. because all the pics with wolves it them had snow and it would just start looking for snow.

>these trucks will be required to have somebody at the wheel at all times.
Maybe for a short while until people realize how stupid that is.
>all it means is that the job of a trucker will now be easier.
You don't need a unionized, specially trailed and licensed trucker for this "job".

It's a minimum wage, useless, robot baby-sitting job where the reality is the robot is more reliable, less accident prone and tireless compared to human labor.

If you're a trucker, cab or uber driver NOW is the time to change careers.

Technocracy is real

EVERYONE MOVE TO PMC NOW
EVERYONE MOVE TO CONTRACTING NOW
WHO'S GOING TO DETER THEFT AT TRUCK STATIONS IF THERE ARE NO TRUCKERS AROUND GETTING WASTED AND BUYING UNDERAGE PROSTITUTES!?

>demonizing people for having a job

Kill yourself, you pathetic little jizzrag.

It just seems less evil to make a decision that can end someone's life in the spur of the moment vs. a bunch of nerds sitting around the table arguing about who should die in the abstract.

>imlpying it will ever be legal to have a vehicle on the road with no driver

This just makes the jobs of truck drivers easier. Law is always going to require a human behind the wheel in case something goes wrong. Autopilot didn't put airline pilots out of business.

walking kinematics are very complex and involve a lot of different advancements.

They aren't comparable to self-driving cars.

Walking to locomotion
is the same as
Flapping wings to Airplanes

We can't build anything like a bird, but we can have mach 3 jets cross the world.

There is no right to drive; driving is a privilege.

I would never get on a highway again in my life if there were self driving 18-wheeler trucks. I'm not going to turn into paste because of a fucking computer crash.

Pretty easy.....just add laser markers to the trucks stopping distance both in front and behind the truck that let humans know where the "danger zone" is- if you willingly stay within that area at high speed you're a fucking retard and deserve to get plowed through if you suddenly stop on the highway

spelled fog wrong m80

>truckdrivers park their trucks for 3 days
>whole country without food, millions of businesses shut down
>niggers riot in every major city

Won't be hard.

>google
Kek, doubt it will actually work, even if it does it will still be a piece of shit and massively restricted for legal reasons.

We're so retarded. I never thought of it from that angle. As if there were never red rings of death or blue screens of death.
>weeeeee!

there was still a person needed inside the vehicle, it's a net equality on labor if not worse for trucking companies since the driver would also need to be trained on how to fix the self driving car

They'd surely just pour it into new train tracks instead of developing new roads for trucks.