Have heard some great things about these albums, but haven't listened to a single one

Have heard some great things about these albums, but haven't listened to a single one.

Am I actually missing out on anything? Be honest with me. Which ones are memes, which ones are worth a listen?

None of these are memes, butal art is subjective so whst the fuck do I know how you gonna like it

They're all pretty good apart from MBDTF.

> VU, Nas, Microphones, Talking Heads, Swans, Slint

Great
The rest is who cares-tier

I'm /nu-mu/ and so far I've tried VU, Microphones, Talking Heads, Swans, Animal Collective and Slint.

Out of those the only album I didn't enjoy was Slint, can't get into the shouty vocals.

STFB is worth listening to in full once, you can decide after that how you feel
ITAOTS is quite the trip
Spiderland's only good song is the closer really
MPP has a few good songs but doesn't relly need to be taken in at once
rest I'm not familiar with

listen to all of them and decide for yourself whether you like them or not instead of forming your taste based on opinions you heard from some anonymous retards on the internet

They're all worthy of a listen. No memes OP

ItAotS is both.

There is exactly 1 (ONE) good album in your pic, OP. All the others are pure shit

Not telling you which is

Spiderland is good, and, as much of a meme as Swans is, Soundtracks is good. If a bit too long.

All of them you should listen to at least once. They are all some of the best albums of their respective genres and you can see which ones you like and work from there

Personally, I don't like Weezer, animal collective, and think my beautiful dark fantasy is pretty fucking overrated.
Rest are great tho
My favourites from these albums are Illinois, spiderland and soundtracks for the blind

Oh, also homogenic

the only ones I like are TVU&N, Funeral, and RiL.

Not a lot of love for Glow Pt 2 in this thread.

Hey OP listen to Glow Pt 2.

I like where you put your X's
but there's a lot of wrong numbers up there

since I left you, the glow pt 2 and Merriweather post pavilion are memes
in the aeroplane over the sea gets old really quick

You definitely should listen to all of them, if only to be part of the conversation. I'll admit, I haven't listened to all of them yet, but I will eventually

>You definitely should listen to all of them, if only to be part of the conversation
I've listened to half of them and have almost zero desire to listen to the rest. Well, I'll get to Homogenic and SftB eventually but that's about it.

Check out Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley
Also Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun
Both are great

The Microphones is great, but if you're gonna listen to folk music, don't do it as a background noise, a listening session while reading the lyrics is the best way to experience it.
Songs like I Felt Your Shape deserve that kind of attention.

piss off

Still never listened to any Kyuss, I would say in general they're good albums and you should at least give them all a try.