So, I just saw Ragnarok and it was really good. Some jokes were a bit much, but overall...it was solid...

So, I just saw Ragnarok and it was really good. Some jokes were a bit much, but overall...it was solid. What's Sup Forums's thoughts on Ragnarok and the current state/ future of capeshit films???

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybeast.com/give-captain-america-a-boyfriend-the-campaigns-to-make-disneys-big-franchises-more-gay-friendly
cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2017/10/26/disney-channel-andi-mack-lgbt-gay-storyline-cyrus-goodman-ekr-orig-vstan.cnn
eonline.com/news/891452/andi-mack-s-cast-creator-reflect-on-crafting-disney-s-first-lgbt-storyline-i-wanted-it-to-feel-like-acceptance
newnownext.com/thor-ragnarok-lgbt-scene-valkyrie-tessa-thompson/11/2017/
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Korg_(Earth-616)
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hiroim_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ive grown sort of bored with all of these. Now, dont get me wrong, theres 6/7 comic figures that i fuck with when it comes to these properties. Those are the ones i usually enjoy watching, but for example, spiderman was decent. Nothing great. Just decent

I loved Fraggle Rock when I was a kid.

I feel ya. Homecoming is growing on me with more viewings. Did you see Logan ? I thought Logan was a nice change of pace. Eh, sure some stuff might feel familiar, maybe Lone Wolf and Cub'ish, but it was nice to see a more mature take on Wolverine.

Logan was an artful film. Got it the moment it was set to be in stores. The villain, boyd Holbrook, did very well. His great in Narcos also

Is there any hope for Justice League in 2 weeks?? Optimism is low.

Yeah, he was quite legit. It's kind of sad that we get good villains every 5-10 years.

I agree completely. I mean, there are villains in the Netflix marvel shows that are well. Fisk and Kilgrave are superb in portrayals and in the acting.

Let's pray, i mean, im going to admit shit here. I enjoyed MOS, i enjoyed the ultimate cut of batman v superman and Wonder Woman. I thought suicide squad was a horrendous shit pile of a donkey dicking film. So, in my pov, im sure itll be fine. Not exceedingly excellent, but good for what it will set out to do

I don't know how to feel about Ragnarok. I feel like it tried to be a good action AND comedy movie. Didn't really work for me

I thought MOS was pretty decent, and I don't hate or like BvS. I'm in between ( but I can understand the hate ) I thought Wonder Woman was surprisingly good, nothing amazing. It's definitely the best of the DCU films....and Suicide Squad never happened...yeah...

I think it'll do fine so long as zacks version hasn't been mostly changed by whedon

lol Yeeeaah, there's some moments that tried way too hard. Like the opening with Thor swinging on the chain. It was dipping into cringe territory. But the movie fluctuated for me. Some moments weren't funny, some were really funny. It was a nice balance for me, but again I truly understand where you're coming from

In the long term Disney needs to have Marvel get their shit together. The comics of today are the movies of the future.

America Chavez: The Movie. Think about that for a while.

I couldn't take Thor 3 seriously at all when they made half of Asgard black. It felt soooo wrong on every level. When they showed the black valkyrie I almost walked out of the theater. If half the Africans in Black Panther aren't white I will be done with Marvel.

They've been on point with most of their Netflix villains. Of them all, I hope Kingpin shows up in at least one of the cinematic movies, but...I think he might be a bit too gruesome for the movies.

/word

Fraggle Rock was the shit. Fucking loved it, but I’m not sure I’d like to see what this generation would do with it ...

Disney is never going to make an R rated Marvel movie. All the critical acclaim and potential awards won't make up for the lost revenue.

Which one of the main reasons they will NEVER turn Captain America gay, no matter how hard the LGBTQWTFBBQ community complains.

Yet they have no problem turning established characters gay in the comics.

>If half the Africans in Black Panther aren't white I will be done with Marvel.

But Thor takes place in a made up world, so I have no problem with random races splashed around ( I caught a few asians in there too ) And yes, Wakanda is made up, but it's still in Africa, so it makes sense that 95% of the cast is black

You realized Disney just announced all theirs show on Disney Channel now have to have at least one lgbt main character right?

>Nordic mythology having non-white gods is ok but completely fictional african country having non-blacks is wrong.

>Which one of the main reasons they will NEVER turn Captain America gay

What ? Why would they turn Cap gay ?

Tumblr has a thing about making Captain America and Winter Soldier gay lovers.

It's an over used saying, but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, user

at last! a thread I can drop this OC at

You really underestimate disney's love of shoving lgbt shit into everything. Especially with the rumors that they are giving Elsa a black girlfriend in Frozen 2.

Quit watching the Disney Channel when they got rid of the Dumbo show.

thedailybeast.com/give-captain-america-a-boyfriend-the-campaigns-to-make-disneys-big-franchises-more-gay-friendly

According to SJW logic, since Captain America doesn't chase after everything with a vagina he has to be gay.

It makes absolutely zero sense for something based on Nordic mythology to have non-whites.

They’ll change their minds when ratings crash. The media will have a collective orgasm over it, but the vast majority of Disney’s base will tune out. Mickey likes money more than dick.

I am so tired of comicbook super hero movies. Give me something new Hollywood.

Wow...that sounds like pure troll fuel

>KEK

Hopefully JL will break this cycle

cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2017/10/26/disney-channel-andi-mack-lgbt-gay-storyline-cyrus-goodman-ekr-orig-vstan.cnn

eonline.com/news/891452/andi-mack-s-cast-creator-reflect-on-crafting-disney-s-first-lgbt-storyline-i-wanted-it-to-feel-like-acceptance

I think they are more than willing to push it and lose money.

>Heimdallr
>Literally the WHITEST god
>Made black for shits and giggles
>Don't go putting whites in Africa tho that's racist

How does it feel to be so easily bought.

They are shoving lgbt shit into all their movies now too. Beauty and Beast was only the beginning. It is already canon that the black guy and the latino guy are going to be a gay couple by the end of Star Wars 9. The rock guy in Thor 3 was specifically put in the film because the director wanted to add a gay character from the comics.

newnownext.com/thor-ragnarok-lgbt-scene-valkyrie-tessa-thompson/11/2017/
They also filmed a scene of the black valkyrie having sex with a woman but it got cut at the least minute. The actress also said Disney specifically told her that her character is bisexual.

Wait , the fucking rock character who was explaining the arena to thor is gay?

Yes, he has a husband in the comics.

Korg was gay ? Did I miss something ?

I really didn't like the movie. It was just Mary Sue protagonist vs Mary Sue antagonist. did the Valkyrie get hit at all besides Loki's memory thing?

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Korg_(Earth-616)

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hiroim_(Earth-616)

Well, that's new to me. I thought there was a gay scene in the movie or something. I read Planet Hulk years, and I couldn't remember any gay scenes in that either. Interesting shit though

They are also now talking about retconning black widow into a post op tranny to explain that is the real reason she can't have kids.

There is also going to be a lesbian couple in Black Panther.

They better be hot looking

Probably gonna be muscular black chicks with shaved heads.

Doesn't surprise me. Two words: America Chavez. The reaction videos to these comics are full on REEEEEEE. And considering Marvel let a Muslim artist fill X-Men comics full of anti-Semitic and anti-Christian propaganda its only going to get worse.

Thank god they killed off wolverine so he d9esnt have to deal with this mess , how is punisher doing?

>how is punisher doing?

We'll see what happens to that series after this new mass shooting. Poor Frank Castle

Of course Marvel killed of Logan, Fox owns the movie rights to him. And if Disney can't make money off of him then no one can.

Sorta like how they stopped publishing the Fantastic 4 and how The X-Men comics are crap now.

>ib4 they make a blade ripoff and have him stop punisher from shooting up a mosque

Even though that sounds like pure cringe, I would probably die from laughing if it happened