Hey gym Sup Forumsros

Hey gym Sup Forumsros

So I started going to the gym and after my first day my arms hurt like fucking Hell and I can't bend them even to put on a shirt

How long does this usually last and should I work out during this?

Other urls found in this thread:

dragondoor.com/b41/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Warm up before and stretch afterwards.

The second or third day tend to hurt the most after getting back into the gym. And if you’re serious about getting into a continuous gym routine, injuring yourself is good way to not succeed.

So should I wait till the pain subsides?

thats damage

consume glutamine
a gallon of milk
and plenty of tuna or chicken whatever you want

Thanks user

That's completely fine. It goes away after a week or so

no roids tho...

king triton could spin you a tale

I think I have this right, sure a /fit/fag will correct me if not.

A lot of the pain you are feeling is your tendons, which aren't used to carrying the weight. This will only last 1-2 weeks.

To get the best out of a workout like this you should about 30 mins before, take some BCAAs.

Its a lot of pills, from memory it would be like 15 pills at a session, 5 30 mins before, 5 just as you start, and 5 after.

Before hand take a light carb/glucose drink. Take about half.

Straight afterwards, immediately take a protein shake and the remainder of the glucose, plus some jelly beans.

This will greatly improve recovery time and results.

Even when you stop feeling the pain (and you shouldn't, if you don't have sore muscles, you haven't worked them hard enough for gains, but it will be less pronounced) then you should give 48 hours and 16 hours sleep for muscle group recover.

So split it into 3 workouts, arms back (triceps back forearms) and legs, chest, calves and shoulders, back and arms front (biceps, front forearms).

OR don't be a fucking idiot and get advice from Sup Forums.

I dunno dude... makes some pretty legit points. Especially the bit about jelly beans.

>my arms hurt like fucking Hell and I can't bend them even to put on a shirt, How long does this usually last
Forever dumbass. Did no one tell you to not overwork yourself to the ground on the first day? Your muscles have strained beyond any possible reparation, you done fucked up.

This. I overworked myself on my first gym day ever when I was 19

due to unrecoverable losses, I now weigh 450 pounds because it hurts so much to do anything but eat

welcome to the new reality

srs, i want your advice

shoot

Thank Christ I'm halfway there to be obese af. Thanks for the help, guys. I'll off myself later.

fine ok.. but FFS you fucking promise me you'll put some tuna in that Lead Salad, its good for you...
oo and some cube cheese, yum

90% of people that join the gym quit within the first two months

what good is being able to lift heavy objects around if you aren't able to lift yourself around first

save yourself a lot of time and money and effort and buy this book instead:

dragondoor.com/b41/

I actually read an Art of Manliness article about this book. Thanks OP.

Also I'm pretty scared. Got sources, user?

So helpful!

I like you, tuna guy

dude i cant sleep.. im so fucked

Sup? You okay there m8?

send help

Let me read you a story

it goes like this *ahem*

blubBLUBblub cofee blub

Just up your protein intake a lot, give yourself a rest day or two, then go back to the gym. It sounds counterintuitive, but working out the muscles will help a bit.

If you ain’t sore, do moar.

After a while, being sore just seems like a normal thing that it isn’t bad and after a day it’ll go away.

under the sea

literacy

>How long does this usually last and should I work out during this?

Skip a day between gym visits.

The soreness is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness or DOMS and usually will go away after about 3 days. It's caused by small tears in your muscles. Your body repairs them, making your muscle bigger and stronger.

Sounds like you lifted a bit too much for your first time. Pick a weight that you can lift around 8-12 reps. Go slow, be controlled, use proper form, and don't lift with your ego. If you don't know how to do something, ask someone at the gym. Most lifters are friendly enough unless you get a huge douche vibe off of them.

Make sure you are giving the muscle group enough time to rest between workouts, if it's sore, you can't build it. Stretch, drink water, lots of water.

You will need to eat more if you are trying to build mass. (not like thousands of calories more) Increase the protein intake. I use BSN protein shakes, they taste the best, and test among highest for quality. The only other supplement I would recommend is a BCAA or branch chain amino acid. Again, I like bsn, the Grape flavor is my favorite. BCAA's help repair muscles for decreased DOMS time.

As you start lift about 3-4 days a week.
Day 1: Back/biceps
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Triceps/chest
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Legs (Don't skip leg day)
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: cardio, floor work like planks sit ups pushups etc

you can do cardio every day but if you are going to lift try not to do more than like 10 mins or you won't have the energy to lift properly. Also you will deplete your testosterone after about an hour. Lifting past that tapers off muscle growth.
day

Soreness is good. It means you've done a reasonable amount of exercise on that specific muscle. Now give it about a week and get plenty of clean food and rest, or until the soreness ends and you can rinse and repeat. Exercising breaks down the muscle; the real growth comes from eating (GOOD eating, no junk food) and proper rest.

What this guy said!

This user is right. Also, most gym people are actually more than happy to help you if you're inexperienced. Many of them also had to start where you are right now and know what it's like.

Yep, soreness is good but not too much. If something hurts, you are doing it wrong. If someone says No pain no gain, don't listen to them.

Youtube has great videos on form for lifts which I refer to a lot.

Oh and as far as eating clean, remember that organic sugar is still sugar, your body doesn't know the difference between agave and corn syrup. You don't have to spend a ton of money to eat clean. Chicken breasts, lean beef, eggs, and fish. Make sure you still eat veggies. The $1 steam bags at the grocery store work great. Whole grain breads. Don't drink soda or sports drinks like gatorade, they are all just sugar and wasted calories.

If you have no idea how to cook things: Take your chicken, put it in a gallon ziplock with garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and basil. You can also use Lime juice and a carne asada spice mix for variety. Let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours, Put it in the oven at 350 for about 45 mins or until it's 175F.