Swans is kill

I hope you've seen the current formation of Swans before they disband.

I'm going to see them in october, any recs beside the earplugs memes ?

does anyone want to see them with my in brooklyn?

i'm dead serious, nobody i know irl would be remotely interested in seeing swans

Same but inr Bordeaux, I'm going to see them there and noone of my friends know what swans are besides big annoying white birds

i wish i could
>tfw you are from a 3rd world shithole
don't miss this opportunity
user just go there by yourself i hope you will meet some amazing like minded people
don't wait for anybody, do it for yourself

I hope Jarboe's on the next album.

>Same but inr Bordeaux
France?

There's only one Bordeaux as far as I know

going to concerts alone really isn't too bad. My musical tastes only overlap sparesely with some of my friends in varying ways, and it's just not feasible to find people to go with me to every show I want to see. just go for it user

It's just going to be AOL with a more recodnised (marketable) title. It shits on his own integrity a little bit.

Must be nice living in the land of red wine and sauternes

>I will continue to make music using the name Swans
oh well
got me excited for nothing

Did anything come out from the rape accusation?

How is that a bad thing?
Angels of Light > Swans post-2012

It really is a beautiful and nice city. The bridge you see on the pic is now forbidden for cars, it's a stunning view when the sets down, very romantic and a lot of beautiful spots for photographers.
It's a shame I can't find a job here.

No, and it was probably bullshit anyway

C'est leur seule date française ?

hopefully the era of post-rock swans is over and they start making decent music again

>Gira spends the rest of his time making shoegaze

>Shoegaze+White Light aesthetic and sound design

Just imagine...

Thank God, Angels of Light were better than Swans have ever been

>recodnised

hoping this means Gira finally stops with the tedious, self-indulgent Branca tribute act they've been for a while now

lol no im going alone

if you wanna fly me out from austin then sure. I'm not even into reunion swans(children of god or soundtracks was their best) but fuck yeah id see them live if i could.

Gonna see them next month too. Do they still play their pre-reunion stuff live?

>I hope you've seen the current formation of Swans before they disband

saw them on August 26th in Vancouver, it was a great show
met Gira afterwards and he signed my copy of Deliquescence
they played for approx 2.5 hours

>I'm going to see them in october, any recs beside the earplugs memes ?

i was three rows from the stage with no barrier or gap and didn't wear earplugs. it's loud, but Gira doesn't wear earplugs and he's stood right in the centre of it

do without the ear plugs unless you have sensitive ears or something

if you wanna meet Gira he apparently comes out to sign stuff at the merch stand at each show

who?

Damn. I really wish I just took a sick day when they came down to Sydney last, now I'll never see them

anyone going to the show in Seville?

>Gira doesn't wear earplugs and he's stood right in the centre of it
Yeah and he's deaf as a post

they're playing two shows in berghain

This. I went to see Swans in 2012 with some people from my department who are a bit younger than me because they kept making a big deal about Swans getting back together and I kept reading about it everywhere online.

Long story short: they sucked. Like *really* sucked. I had always thought Swans was music by people who really weren't good at music but I was willing to give them another shot since they reformed. I was thinking they might have taken some music lessons during their downtime or something. Haa ha ha, nope. Of course not. These new Swans somehow managed to be even less interesting than old Swans. I ended walking out 2/3rds of the way through after looking around at a crowd of young 20 somethings just as bored as I was. I was in my late 20s at the time so it's not like there was some generational chasm or anything either. I literally went in an alleyway and broke liquor bottles with some homeless people and that was worth going out that night for. Swans? Meh, not so much.

Now I put them in a category where if someone mentions they like Swans I dismiss their opinions with extreme prejudice just like I do with all that other shit people pretend is good when it's not like Tom Waits, Elvis Costello, the Beatles, etc.