Love him or hate him...

Love him or hate him, there's no denying that Billy Corgan's hit record Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is a work of genius and the best album of the 1990's

Billy Corgan and Gerard Way are probably the same person

Billy Corgan and Pitbull are probably the same person

Billy Corgan and Melon Boy are probably the same person.

Billy Corgan and Voldermort are probably the same person

Billy Corgan and Peter Garrett are probably the same person

At least Harry Potter has a proper story in the sense that the characters crave an ending
If only to release poor Billy Corgan from his role as the titular character's nemesis

What has he done for us lately though?

Explain this then

>best album of the 1990's
not even the best album of the day it was released tbdesu

Corgan's music is just sonic narcissism, sophomoric concepts and milquetoast execution that sometimes hits above mediocrity

If he were a good singer you would probably be correct.

But he isn't, so you're not.

holly shit, Gerard Way looks just like my ex, I'm a guy btw

The Infinite Sadness is what the average Pumpkins fan is going to encounter after the initial listen to this album. Lyrically, the entire record can be summed up with the refrain of Mellon Collie's first single: "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage." It's angst at its arena-rocking worst. And it only gets more embarrassing as the tracks roll by. Into the middle of the third track, Billy Corgan's drunk on his angstful glory, barfing up lines like, "God is empty, just like me." Straight out of a sixth-grade poetry book, this is Billy's lyrical rock-bottom.

What stands out, redeeming those dreadful stanzas in even their worst moments is the intense music, Flood's harsh, electro-production, and Corgan's incredible guitar work. Flawed verses aside, Mellon Collie is still as musically remarkable as Siamese Dream. But one of the major disappointments here is that Mellon Collie is far more masculine than their previous material. The songs rock out like old metal, which wouldn't be so bad provided they could pull it off without over-commercialization. Still, the Smashing Pumpkins could be considered the Led Zeppelin of the 90s-- instead of Zen, they've got apathy.

-Ryan Schreiber, January 01, 1996

THE GREAT WHITE SHARK HAS GOT NO FEEEEELIN

>not aoty
>not even the best Smashing Pumpkins lp

MCIS, SD and Gish are all tied for the best

Not to mention that same guy is Brian Eno, Moby, and the dean from Community.

2 hours is too long. That's not even a double LP, that's like triple. Too much filler to justify that length.

>best album of the 90s
>1 {ONE(uno)} good song
AHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA

not even the best of 1995 lmao