Anyone here take anti-depressants...

Anyone here take anti-depressants? I'm seriously considering getting on them as my life is shit and I feel like it is getting worse. I have no motivation to do anything and honesty, at this point I just want to die. I'm wondering if anyone has tried them and if it helped them turn their life around

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987706001034
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tried and hated, used for over 3 months. not worth it. for me it made me very nauseated and had extreme trouble waking up.

yes. bupropion (welbutrin). Turned my life around. Makes you feel weird for a few days, like hyper emotional. Do it. I resisted for a long time because I was edgy.

I was on antidepressants for like a year. I didn't feel immensely better, but it did help. After a while I stopped taking them and found that I still felt fine.

Also, for the first month or so of taking them, my dreams were extremely vivid and bizarre. That was a bonus.

sauce?

you at a perfect place dude. nothing you do will make you feel worse, so do what ever you want. rape and pillage like a viking. worse thing is you get in trouble and die, which is what you want anyway. nothing to loose.

I've been on them for 20 years. Made life livable.

Eventually gave up drinking because it fucks with them. I have like 5 drinks a year now.

Prozac

It's okay, I don't think about dying all the time and I'm a lot less angry. Almost no side effects that I can tell.

Lexapro for years. would never go back. changed my life for the better. now feel fine all the time, not like my head is in the clouds, you just feel like everyone else does.

anti depressants aren't a quick fix to make you feel good.
try, in earnest, mindfulness meditations a few times a week
i was in the exact same mindset earlier this year, now i'm back in school and life is looking a ton better all around.
a great book that I read that set me on the right path was The Buddha's Teachings by Thich Nhat Hanh. As the name suggests it teaches the fundamental buddhist principles, but you don't have to become a buddhist to practice them. It read to me like a guide on how to overcome suffering and maximize happiness.

give it a go user. if you give it an honest try for at least a few weeks i promise you will start to feel better.

just go out n do some crazy out of ur comfort zone shit, it ll get u high on laif bro

Also the best thing for me was "small victories" small simple tasks to do to make life ever so slightly better that all add up during the day, e.g making the bed as soon as you wake up

stop drinking
eat veggies
workout hard 3 times a week
have hobbies you enjoy
have a goal and orient your life towards it
have a source of income
have human interaction

antidepressants help but i wouldnt do that until youve done the 'natural' steps first
its like when fat people take heart medicine and continue to stuff their fat face with burgers, yeah its helping but itd be a better idea to fix ur diet and exercise first and then see if medication is necessary

it might take several medications to find one that works and they take ~3 weeks to start working so dont despair if the first one you try doesnt help

id call to schedule an appointment today (it will probably be a couple weeks before they have an opening) and then get started on that other stuff
cardio + weight lifting 3x a week and a healthy diet is a good place to start

Lily Ivy

No, trust me it has gotten much worse. I spent the majority of this year getting drunk on a nightly basis, doing all kinds of crazy shit none of which turned out good. Decided to stop, go back to school, try to turn my life around. Now I have to drop out because I'm failing all the classes I took. I tried talking to a girl in one of my classes and she basically played me out. It made me so mad I took money from my mother and spent hundreds on strip club and hookers. I'm just sick of feeling this way. I have alcohol in my car that i plan on drinking tonight. I just want to stop feeling like such a piece of shit. At this point I'm willing to try anything. I wish I had gave my doctor the OK to do this treatment the first time.

>antidepressants use up your serotonin, meaning if you quit using them you will get even more depressed

FUCK NO.

Do you exercise? Do you eat healthy? Do you get outside much? Have you reevaluated your life choices and tried to better yourself? Antidepressants should be your LAST option. Fix your routine first. I wish I NEVER got started on them. Shit is so hard to get off of and I'm the happiest I've ever been just by exercising and taking care of my body.

say goodbye to yer dick

SeeThat's the problem, I've tried all of that. It has not helped. When I stopped drinking I was serious about being healthy. Took multivitamins, went to the gym, started getting more sunlight, tried talking to girls. At first I felt the same and now I feel even worse than before. I can barely eat and I have no drive to do anything. I don't even want to leave the house

I must know who she is

I have ptsd and use lsa seeds and salvia with Syrian rue to combat depression and intrusive thoughts.
It works pretty well and they're all legal in most U.S. states.

Lily Ivy

You can overcome sadness by beating your meat.

Don't self medicate. Go see a shrink.

I've been seeing a psychiatrist since june and it's really helpful. find a good one, talk to friend, relative, etc so they can give you the name of a good one, and if you don't feel at ease with the one you picked, just change.

My gf had to go through 5 doc before finding one that suits her. I was more lucky and manage to find a good one on my first try.

I'm 32 and now that i'm seeing a professional i wish i had the courage to do it earlier.

It's not that expensive, and it's definitively worth it

Zoloft for about 2 years

has made life livable

bump

>ITT: Faggots

Man the fuck up and stop wishing for a happy pill to fix everything, bitchboy.

same

I take prozac, never even considered myself depressed. Went to my Dr. said I had trouble concentrating, like reading anything longer than a single paragraph and she suggested i try it. It helped I dodn't know if I had depression but it made a big ass difference.

I'm on Lexapro, can't tell if it's making my life any better, better keep taking it just to be sure

and now you have no penis

I take three different medications. One helps with anxiety the rest help me sleep and sort of function. I still have bad days but who doesn't?

I was given "anti-depressants" when I was a teenager and as far as I can remember it didn't do shit, found out a few years later that I had ADD, I was prescribed Adderalls and ever since I've never felt better in my entire life.

u on da spectrum nigga

Lily Ivy

i have an appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow....

well its not a quick fix thing, you have to do this for the rest of your life
drinking is especially shit for you and our society plays it off as just a normal drug thats harmless but if you are prone to depression alcohol is one of the worst things you can do, honestly smoking 2 packs a day would be a healthier option

sounds like antidepressants might help

t. brainlet

you won't be able to drink if you start taking ad's

How many of you are actually depressed and how many of you are just fat lazy idiots who play video games all day instead of getting a job?
Thats the real question, i refuse to believe there are that many people with chemical imbalances.
Sort your life out and stop being faggots.

Not entirely true, it depends on the type of ad and the person taking them. For example, I can drink while I'm on my SSRIs, others find it causes side effects.

When a living thing already feels like it has all it's fulfillment met why would it feel any sort of desire to leave yet you would yet very very bored of the same thing everyday, not to mention agenda 21.
Welcome to why one out of four women in America have mental problems as well as one out of six men.

Does the amount you drink cause the side effects or is it any alcohol?

Ironically your response is also a symptom of mental disability. You probably hate it so much because you yourself are actually and truly retarded as well.

did you have a stroke while writing that post?

wtf are you even talking about?

different person but being retarded isn't the same as having depression

have YOU seen a clinician about YOUR retardation?

Aww was daddy mean to you and now you take meds everyday to compensate?

Anything to curb population growth of whites.

Only gay fags get depressed

fake ok-ness feeling, then after a while if you fuck up and miss a dose youll come back down so hard youll want to blow your brains out

Ive been on antidepressants and mood stabilizers for over a year now, took a few tried before I found one that helped instead of making things worse. I do recommend them, it obviously doesn't cure depression but it does get it to a point that its managable.

Being a fat lazy idiot who play video games and being depressed are mutually exclusive ?

Isn't it your guilds raiding night tonight fatty?

You should take all of them. All 30. At once.

Basically the jews, 1%, top left, lizard people.
Also I'm pretty high.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987706001034

Yeah I felt exactly like that. Everything seemed grey and cold. No goals, nothing to look forward to, just pure boredom. Took AD meds for 6 months.

Then... I stopped drugs and alcohol, dumped my cunt gf, got a haircut, shaved, stopped apologizing for anything unless I truly regretted it, and stopped lying(even about little things like "how are you?").

Started meeting bitches and having crazy depraved sex with 4 different girls, sometimes more than one at a time. Found one that I liked while being 100% real with her and myself.

Long story short, not giving a fuck is the best way to start giving a fuck.

Fap to this pic, it will cure your """"""depression""""""

you're projecting user lol, it's embarassing. give your dad a kiss from me though for thoroughly fucking you up

thanks worked like a charm i am now successful man

that's not fair, you can raid and be fit. it's sad that your day consists of being petty towards anonymous people on the internet. i hope things look up, even if you are a prick.

You just need psychedelics and meditation, take mushrooms and meditate and practice controlling your visuals.
It cures ptsd and depression some weed strains and other psychedelics are good for it too just don't do it too often or it won't be significant.

Anti-depressant is just another word for "bitch boi pills".

If you are a little bitch who can't fucking hack it in life, sure, get on some bitch tablets to take the edge off of reality since you can't take it.

I have bad news for you. Life is shitty for a lot of people.

A lot of people man the fuck up and carry on without crying or medicating themselves into a false sense of emotional normalcy.

What did people do before anti-depressants existed?

Well, they just weren't fucking pussies, that's what.

Man the fuck up. That's all you need.

if you're looking for why the suicide and shooting rate among young men is high, look no further than this post

>thinks he's doing gods work
>is actually a terrible, terrible human being

If you are looking at natural selection wiping out the weakness in the gene pool....look at the suicide and shooting rate among young men today.

I use the word "men" loosely here of course.

pretty easy to get chemical imbalances in the head
drug side affects, environment, social isolation, depression, it is really a downward spiral

have great job, get attention from girls, flirt etc, then get pushed out of job, people talk dirt about you behind your back, fired/quit, no rent money move home, stop working out, no excersize, stay inside all day, no friends at home since 25 and all have gfs, social isolation is real and can happen to even the happiest dude

Nah, i'm too busy drowning in your tears

I was given two different medications, one that is the antidepressants, and the other to counteract side effects of the antidepressant, and it makes you sleepy

and being honest the only thing that works is the sleep medicine

Forgot to mention I did also trip acid and shrooms right before I quit drugs and learned about meditation and my relationship to nature.

nothing about selection in our world today is natural

if you've ever eaten processed food, you've fucked up natural selection

if you've ever received medical care, you've fucked up natural selection

you are talking out of your ass. get over yourself, you're just a basic bitch tool bag and nobody is impressed with your "logic" or "knowledge" (i.e. the feelings you have)

Let me fix this for you.

"It's pretty easy to be a little bitch.".

I've been on sertraline for years with great success. The only thing is, while my body was adjusting to it at first, I slept a lot for the first two weeks. While being on it I also went to therapy and learned ways to deal with my anxiety and depression and ptsd without medication.

I've also been perscribed ativan here and there, to deal with panic attacks (but only when nothing else worked.)

you sound underaged as fuck

+1
"hehe im anonymous im going to be a cunt for fun"
so edgy

It's because the top on the left make their far left sheep hate white males unless they're pussys or gay, look at antifa.
Don't worry the civil war will fix everything, far left retard sheep versus individual's trained with fire arms.

Don't get too upset kid, you might need to take some more bitch tablets to cope.

Not necessarily. Some people have fucked up brain chemicals. You shouldn't be pontificating thusly, brother, unless you have a medical license.

Underaged hurrrr durrrrrrrr.

Pop a few more bitch tablets and get through your day cuck.

what has happened to you that's bad? genuinely curious, it sounds like you have some underlying rage and resentment that could easily be treated with therapy and possibly doses of anti-depressants

>gets off calling people a little bitch on the internet
>thinks he's happy and healthy

poor kid

Some people should have died in the womb. They didn't, and now they need some bitch tablets to try and be normal since nature wasn't allowed to take its course.

"im 16 and mad because im a high school outcast"
dad not love ya, faggot?

Life is hard.

Real men are harder.

End of story.

I tried them but it turns out I can't be helped by meds, (I was misdiagnosed). The one bad thing was the withdrawals are FUCKING HORRIBLE and I wanted to die. They lasted for months, so beware. They really do have a lasting effect on your system for better or worse.

hate to break it to you, but white men in general are pretty awful. just look around this board.

you used bitch tablets in three different posts, get some new material and stop trying so hard

Alright, let’s get real. BiPolar user here. Some of the posters are correct in that eating healthy and living healthy can help, but if you are truly manic depressive or bipolar, drugs are incredibly important. See a therapist first, one that has connections to a psychiatrist, that way they can work together to work on what’s best for you. As someone who has bipolar disorder I can tell you that working with a therapist and psychiatrist to determine what meds work best for you, if they are necessary, you will feel much better. It’s work though. Before being properly diagnosed I was suicidal. Don’t give up. Things will get better.

Someone needs a few more bitch tablets I see. Their "PTSD" is acting up.

literally not a response to anything i said, proud of you for trying though it really looks like that took a lot of effort on your part to get three sentences out without calling someone a bitch

You need more bitch tablets I see.

Pop a few more bitch tablets, I can see life starting to tear you down cuck.

Go fuck yourself, you narrow minded piece of shit.

lol this kid's over here jerking off to his own retorts and will never see how sad that is

You are going to need to take a few more bitch tablets after this thread. I bet your "anxiety" (see made up bullshit to coddle the weak) is going nuts right now.

dude my life is great. i'm not the one trying to "troll" or "wreck" anyone's day with terrible comebacks

I bet you need cherry flavored bitch tablets to make them go down easier.

kek
the loser actually thinks hes being funny

I bet it is "great" after a few handfuls of bitch tablets to make you falsely think you are "normal".

ive been taking them for over 2 yrs now and i would honestly say its better just killing yourself.

Lily Ivy

Don't bother OP, just try switching things up and doing more before turning to medication. You don't want your happiness or any feeling of goodness becoming dependant on a bottle of pills.

It's likely you'll only get worse as well, best thing you can do is write out a list of things that bother start to fix them.

Broke? Get a job.

Fat? Workout.

Anti Social? Get a hobby and start a class, plenty of friends to be made there with similar interests.

Feeling sluggish/unhealthy? Sort yourself out and eat cleaner, learn to cook or something and eat properly.

Tired? The above point will help and try fixing your sleep pattern, just put it to the basic 8 hours and you'll be grand.

Just remember no matter the situation you can turn it around and fix your life, better yourself instead of temporally trying to get a brief break through a chemical change in your brain.

Also, you should quit social media if you're on it. Looking at other people "enjoying" themselves because they shitpost their highlight of the day everyday online to feed their ego and make their life seem good isn't something good for yourself to compare to.

If that doesn't work then yeah, maybe you have a chemical imbalance which then leaves you screwed. Medication will be the only choice then but doing all of above should somewhat help. Don't be a degenerate, fix yourself.

somebody must have got bullied in gym class today

fuck off reject. go back to your anime marathon