Job / School thread

Job / School thread.

I'm wondering if anyone here is successful. I mostly care about traditional metrics like a good school or a good job, etc. because I feel like that's a path I can actually follow, but feel free to share non-traditional stuff if you want.

If so, how did you get there? What made you choose that path?

For me school is my first choice, I intend to study economics in the following years.

Luckily I am investing in crypto currencies an will probably leave school when I've made my first million.

I feel like School isnt about intelligence anymore, but more about the capability to memorise things instead of finding a solution to a problem, of course I'm generalising.

So you're not actually in college yet?

And if you think you can make your first million (lol) without college, and will just drop out when you do, why even go in the first place?

Play the odds. Go to an elite college, get an elite job. I graduated ivy league, went into banking, semi-retired in my mid-30s. Crypto investing may work out or not, but you will be guaranteed to be rich if you graduate from a good college.

Which Ivy? Did you get there just through "normal" means or were you a legacy or something?

What was your net worth when you decided to semi-retire?

No I'm working at the moment to get some money ( 30 euros an hour netto)

Well I still wanna try it, especially beacuse crypto and economics are linked and I would get a better insight into human behaviour in a market and general undestanding of the system.

This sounds like a poorly thought out plan.

And depending on where you are, 30 euro an hour is a lot of money. Why not just stick with that and do cypto shit on the side.

Wharton - Upenn. I was not legacy. Went to public school, grades were in 99.9 percentile, SAT was 1530/1600. I-banking starts at about $100k and you should be making $500k within 5-7 years, topping out at $1MM-$10MM/year. I know many people choose to take the tech gamble, but banking is more visible/guaranteed path

The problem is I need to wait before i can enter College because i failed Maths and needed to take a new exam and therefore i missed the deadline.

Well it's job that i can only make temporary and i dont have a full 8 hour day, I am actually replacing teachers in primary school.

Here are my current rides. Stay in school, don't do drugs, work hard, life will be VERY good.

I wouldn't call myself successfull but I think I did much better compared to my peers at my college and probably average compared to my peers nationally.
>went to cut rate community college and transfered to cut rate state university
>graduated with cs degree and a 3.4 GPA
>hired at a fortune 500 company as entry level engineer
>$80k starting
I know people with my background who did much better and some who did worse. I'm content with it I make enough and live in a cheap city so I don't really have to worry about money. There's no way I could have got this job without a degree but that was really my only path since I'm not a very entrepreneurial person.

Good choice of cars, tought about the exact same ones, still being decent.
Money makes things easier in life, but do you actually feel happy ?

You failed math but want to study college-level economics and make millions in crypto currency?

That is a very good question. Yes, I am happy, but only after I hopped off the rat race. Many people are never satisfied, whereas I decided made enough, and valued my health/time more than money. But if you are young and still in high school, your first goal is to work your ass off for the money.

Came from a poor family, don't have any special skills, new early on that school was my only way out.

Studied pretty hard, went to Oxford, currently at Yale Law School. I'll probably end up at a firm and make just shy of 200k my first year. That'll be more than my mom has made in the last 5 years.

For the people who are successful, any tips for someone just starting on the path?

Well let's see how that will work out, I dont even mind not being a Millionaire in my time living or if i dont sucess in college, but I try.
With the comments i wrote here it seems more like i am way to optimistic and not enough motivated, but maybe it'll work out in the end.

Went to school, decided to say fuck it. Started my own real estate business with a small loan from my father. Now I basically run the fucking free world.

Are you dreaming about kidds/wife, now that you could ensure them a safe home and a high living standard ?

And what is your goal now that you reached yor goal of being wealthy?

Wrong. Trump is Wharton alum, ivy educated. I know his son and daughter, both Whartonites.

Is Trump being super intelligent and just doing crap to confuse people of his true motives or is he just an excentric person who doesnt know how to rule America ?

I'm from Europe btw.

Haha. In all seriousness, anyone making fun of Trump's intelligence cracks me up. He is ivy educated, a billionaire, successful in real estate, show business, and as a political novice defeated a dozen establishment candidates to win the Republican primary, then defeated another entrenched establishment figure who outspent him 5-1 to become President. Sure, he's the moron.

I am just still confused about his motives, he will make the rich richer and it were people who were against this pattern who voted for him. Make America great again, in an economical way that might work out, but the social outrage is progressing as far as i understand american politics.
Do you like him ?

Wouldnt call bankrupting a business multiple times successful. But sure its nice when your start-up costs all come from dear old daddy.