/hoc/ Gary Bettman edition

Gas the Garys

Other urls found in this thread:

nhl.com/news/history-shows-olympics-dont-help-nhl/c-288389004
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_Hockey_Tour).
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Goatsby

OTT:Erik Karlsson (foot) will play on Monday
BUF:Sabres will scratch Matt Moulson on Monday
OTT:Erik Karlsson appears to be a GTD for Monday
NJ:Dalton Prout gets 2-game ban for interference
:NHL won't take part in 2018 Olympic Games
MON:Canadiens will start Charlie Lindgren Monday
ARI:Ekman-Larsson (personal) out for last 3 games
OTT:Sens' Smith, Ceci and Methot out for the week
MON:Shea Weber (LBI) will miss next two games
CAR:Bryan Bickell set for return to NHL action
CLM:Zach Werenski leaves with shoulder injury
SJ:J. Thornton exits game with lower-body injury

/OURGUY/

HOLY FUCK THAT LEAFS GOAL

poor finns

Leafs up 2-0.
>SENS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Look at those jews

The highlight of the last 50 years for me

How did your basebore team do on their opening day /hoc/?

>Buffalel

>le ""grow the game""
>grows the game to a state of less than 3mill
>doesnt want to grow the game to a country of 50mill
oklahoma nhl team when?

>be Sens
>shit the bed at the end of the season
>enter panic mode
>rush one of your top prospects in the lineup and put him on the fourth line

Lost in extras

>Pirates

Burn it to the ground

Is bettmen /our guy/?

>dont care about the history or tradition of hockey
>buy an NHL team

why do (((they))) do this?

t. rogers cuck

Bettman always does the opposite of what people want for some reason

Sure, it's a good opportunity. But that only applies if there is interest. If they haven't built that up, there is a risk at people simply won't care.

I'm pretty sure both the SHL and Liiga will release players to the olympics. I wouldn't be surprised if KHL did it as well (after all, they want to be an alternative to the NHL). So that would set up the nordic countries + Russia with players.
Didn't think about the two-way contracts. That might make things harder for USA and Canada. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

>Blackhawks decide to coast the next two games
>Unleash full rape mode on the Kongs
>Coast to their latest Stanley Cup final by 4-1 at the worst.
>Take the cup 4-2
At least part of this reality isn't that bad.

as you watch the leafs on rogers owned television network. fucking idiot

>Be Tampa Bay
>Actually make a push and start to look like they can make the playoffs
>LOL NOPE everyone else is winning too
It's not fair guys.

>Kongs

>reddithawks

Missed your window, lad. Sorry.

The Blackhawks are the Cubs, both in that both teams are hated. But even when they fuck up every considerable way, they are never truly out and can still make their opponents shit themselves.

>That 3 run homer in the 9th to tie it
Strop is the Crawford of the Cubs.

Do you think the leafs take the 510 Spadina or 510 Waterfront streetcar to get to the ACC?

Does a team full of SEL/Liga compete with College hockey though?

And Russia can ice a KHL team again if they want. They've tried this twice and it blew up in their face. It's funny that people think this makes an easy Gold for Russia.

>they are never truly out

this reddit tier delusion

sorry anons

Shut the fuck up youve mad the play offs how many times in recent memory?
You made the Cup final.

You get a mid 1st round pick this year then next year come back and do better stop crying

>Canada teams now good
>Sunbelt a joke
>Canada likely to get teams back
Have the tables finally tuned?

Ottawa Senators @ Detroit Red Wings Gamethread

>Not winning endlessly while your chief rival loses endlessly
>Not clinching your conference on a day off
Its your own fault

No one hates the Cubs though

>Being against growing your sport
Fucking retarded. Probably a Bombston fan.

And to clarify, I don't mean college NA players beat Euros is sel/liga

I mean, how does a team of poached talent from those two league, with a few days of practices, compare to a team that's had months of practice to gel as a team.

Are we going to see actual "teams" crafted and given playing opportunity, or just going to pull from the non-NHL leagues?

This is how it should be but neither the leafs nor sens are good. The atlantic is just piss.

habs @ relocation token team (panthers)

I do, they're a bunch of jews

Where will Jagr play next year?

Silly leaf, do you think your any of your hockey teams or your one MLB team will win?

no one is dumb enough to want him

>unironically watching the corporate jew team
>unironically being a rogers customer

Kongs

>tfw draisaitl will find a way to save the olympics

I'm guessing Las Vegas for the memes.

>unironically watching the corporate jew team
but that's all teams?

I just found out some places have jeopardy on at 7 and wheel of fortune at 7:30 and not the other way around

Literally the only reason I wish I still lived in NYC. Jeopardy airs at 7:30 in Georgia.

jeopardy always runs at 4&6 m8 it's been that way forever

give the guy a break, he is a little slow

>blame canada for our lack of attendance
i'm sorry what

Holy fuck what is this shit
nhl.com/news/history-shows-olympics-dont-help-nhl/c-288389004

seriously what the fuck. I just texted someone I was about to watch jeopardy and they tried telling me I missed it already

It's a shitty meme, lad. Settle down.

most teams are owned by a holding company which is owned by the owner. not 2 telecom company.

based yankee BTFO atlanta scum

>NHL shilling this hard

Sweden, Finland, Russia and the Czech Republic have this thing called Euro Hockey Tour (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_Hockey_Tour). It's a set of 4 small anual tournaments with these teams, in which players from SHL, Liiga and whatever the czech league is called participate. Not sure how it is with the KHL if I'm honest. So at least Sweden, Finland and the Czech Republic will have team who have had played together to some extent.
And we also have a coach that only works for the national team. So he works all year around to put together the best material with whatever he has.

So I'm not that worried about the national teams not having much time together.

facts

they were all good

do you mean the stop-with-skate-then-shoot?

ducks shoulda made it an all cascadia final TB DESU SENPAI

/future/ here:
>This years final will be between Capitals and Preds, it'll finish in 6 with the Caps winning.
>Vegas Golden Knights surprise many by making the playoffs year one, replacing the Blues.
>Despite the Canes looking like the prime relocation option, Islanders move to Quebec out of left deal after Long Island and NY refuse to pay public money for a new stadium and the owners refuse to play in Nassau, owners get frustrated and decide to profit by selling the team overpriced to Quebecor.
>Speaking of the Canes, a year after this the Canes finally end their playoff drought with their round 1 opponent being the Nords. They win, getting fair-weather fans hooked again and narrowly avoid being moved to Hartford due to lack of fan support.
>After multiple failed projects the NHL leaves Seattle as a backdoor for a Yotes relocation and decide to expand to KC instead.
>The Leafs comically choke again, but I'm not gonna spoil it for you.
Don't forget to screencap

how so? that doesn't make any sense

not even realistic bait

only yurocucks like watching sports on a different continent

too plausible to shitpost

>implying buttman will let his team relocate

When does that tourney take place? The Wikipedia doesn't say. Does it take place during those countries' pro league play?

Going back to the Olympic/NHL talk, this is a big reason, right? The Olympics happen right in the middle of the NHL season

except nylander nutmegging someone and passing it to a wide open mathews who snipes ti top corner is objectively better than the others

>Vegas Golden Knights surprise many by making the playoffs year one, replacing the Blues
only unrealistic thing other than preds going past the 2nd round desu

The owners would probably bitch anyway but stopping the season for a month is pretty inconvenient

>This years final will be between Capitals and Preds, it'll finish in 6 with the Caps winning.

Preds in the final........

>Vegas Golden Knights surprise many by making the playoffs year one, replacing the Blues.

no chance

>Despite the Canes looking like the prime relocation option, Islanders move to Quebec out of left deal after Long Island and NY refuse to pay public money for a new stadium and the owners refuse to play in Nassau, owners get frustrated and decide to profit by selling the team overpriced to Quebecor.

i couls see this happening but the same situation is taking place in Arizona and i think its far more likely to relocaate them.

>Speaking of the Canes, a year after this the Canes finally end their playoff drought with their round 1 opponent being the Nords. They win, getting fair-weather fans hooked again and narrowly avoid being moved to Hartford due to lack of fan support.

This is realistic. Canes fans are good when their team is good.

There are four tournaments during the season and the leagues have a week or so off during each

well that's it this guy hit enter too many times and we've run out

arizona WILL be relocated desu
to the other side of town where they'll have decent enough attendance to stay put
canagays BTFO
xheattlites BTFO

Blue > red

This --> Yep. And the owners don't like it. Euro leagues have been more accommodating

desu
xheattle and pretty much all the east are cancer

wheel of fortune where im from

it's comfier to get wheel of fortune first as a warm up before you have the hard trivia of jeopardy

the nhl doesnt like that it cant use olympic highlights to promote the nhl. the nhl is hardly even allowed to mention the olympics despite "lending" its best players to the ioc.

>tfw all my jerseys are counterfeit and watch hockey through illegal streams and adblock nhl.com

who /notgivingthemmoney/ here?

agreed. also because then it's like a buildup to 8 oclock rather than a let down for the second 30 minutes

Why is he such a shill?

t. Snes fan

did you know that it takes 2 years for a pineapple to grow?

This is the biggest issue. The NHL assumes all the risks while the IOC jews just count the money

Not sure what you mean user. He's clean, as clean as Bonaqua.

i cant even watch hokkei on tv anymore because all rogers does is shill the bluegays as >canadas team

Abigail is CUTE!

why do the jays trigger you so bad?

them cheeks

haha, here too

post pic