I just had brain surgery ask me anything

I just had brain surgery ask me anything

lol i bet u went to a hospital pussy

how do u feel as a new born leftist?

Where did you get your brain cancer from?

How does the brain transfer sensory information into coherent, private percepts? What are the rules by which perception is organized? What are the features/objects that constitute our perceptual experience of internal and external events? How are the senses integrated? What is the relationship between subjective experience and the physical world?

here on Sup Forums, duh

A man of my own heart, I always support my local backalley black market only doctors. For the easy price of him peeing on my wife he'll give me a free check up totally worth it considering I do have insurance.

yeah a hospital paid partly by my tax money (I dont live in murica)
I dont get it
I had a benign brain tumor, the doctors can't say what might've caused it
no fucking clue

Do you prefer to be called Frank, or just "The Monster".

Where do our memories get stored and how are they retrieved again? How can learning be improved? What is the difference between explicit and implicit memories? What molecule is responsible for synaptic tagging?

so you finally got the brain implanted? Its about time!! You lived for so long without one

How important is the precise timing of action potentials for information processing in the neocortex? Is there a canonical computation performed by cortical columns? How is information in the brain processed by the collective dynamics of large neuronal circuits? What level of simplification is suitable for a description of information processing in the brain? What is the neural code?

How did you feel right before the surgery began? How did you feel during and right after?

What are all the different types of neuron and what do they do in the human brain?

Shut up

How and why did the brain evolve? What are the molecular determinants of individual brain development?

What is the biological function of sleep? Why do we dream? What are the underlying brain mechanisms? What is its relation to anesthesia?

What are the neural bases (causes) of mental diseases like psychotic disorders (e.g. mania, schizophrenia), Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, or addiction? Is it possible to recover loss of sensory or motor function?

I was given benzos before the surgery, so pretty relaxed.

I was knocked the fuck out during the surgery, I remember maybe 10 seconds of the operating room before they injected the stuff.

Afterwards when I woke up I was super high on some opioid for almost 24 hours and that felt pretty good. No pain at all.

When I first saw the staples I wanted to puke, they look disgusting and the hole they had to make is much larger than I expected. Also they couldn't get all of the tumor out, so the chances of me requiring another surgery down the line increased quite a bit.

How and where does the brain evaluate reward value and effort (cost) to modulate behavior? How does previous experience alter perception and behavior? What are the genetic and environmental contributions to brain function?

Chek'd

Why is the distant universe so homogeneous when the Big Bang theory seems to predict larger measurable anisotropies of the night sky than those observed? Cosmological inflation is generally accepted as the solution, but are other possible explanations such as a variable speed of light more appropriate?

do you have a splitting headache?

a sphincter says what

holy cuntflaps we have quads in the dome

damn OP shit looks brutal good luck on your recovery, also are you thinking any differently than before the surgery?

You're really lucky, I know some brain surgeries require the patient to be awake during the procedure and I don't think I could fucking handle that

Do you feel different? Did the doctors say you would feel different?

Yeap, that's scary messed up shit

Being awake is the only way to be sure one of the doctor's doesn't jack off on your brain before sewing you back up

timestamp

Thanks, I've had massive mood swings, but the doctors said it was normal, and they are getting smaller every day. I'm also on epilepsy medication (epileptic episodes is how they found the tumor) for a while longer, which also fucks with my brain.

I'm feeling better and more myself every day.

So other than feeling super high you didn't feel or sense any changes in consciousness or perception?

I'm glad you're doing well OP

you're a friend indeed

Never mind, you answered this already.

Do you take any vitamins or medication?

Only Sodium Valproate now after surgery. Before that nothing regulary.

Welcome in the club OP! oh i remember the face of my customers at the gas station when i turned around with a scar in my freshly shaven head like some sort of neo-nazi from american history x. IF youre really lucky, youll get magnetic screws for extra fun

Me too, though about 5 years ago. Had a tumor in there.) b/ gave me cancer.

Congrats OP, hope finally those epileptic episodes disappear forever.

In one year you will remember that operation as something unimportant.

Are you more or less retarded now?

Did it hurt?

Hope not, he should be slept

well OP seems to be dead now..

Not for brain surgery, they keep you awake and ask you to do menial tasks to make sure they aren't maing you brain dead by accident.

There's no pain receptors INSIDE the brain or past the skin layer of the skull anyway, so it wouldn't hurt or anthing if they apply a little skin deep anaesthetic

It's to make sure they're not lobotomizing you if they're doing crazy whack ass invasive surgery.

Did the surgeons find a brain?

My uncles cerebellum died off
took him about 6 months to relearn motor functions

>implying conservatives have brains to begin with.

Do you want to fuck any of your nurses you met in hospital? If yes describe them so we can fap

>I dont get it
that's the spirit

Scar might cause epilepsy down the line, heads up b0ss.
>Had a operable tumor removed at age 1 (I know I probably didn't spell something right, it's a second language)
>When I was 17 started having partial seizures
>I'm 19 now, can't drive a car, can't drink too much and I'm used to not beeing 100% if I'll have a seizure or not daily

>recover loss of sensory or motor function?
possible to an extent
thalamus stroke patient, here
at first only felt tingling in the whole of my left side (no pain, no touching, and hard to control limbs), and had lost about 80% of vision in my left eye
tingling stopped a few days after the stroke then was replaced by heavy neuropathic pain, and general lack of sensation/numb feel
will be 4 years ago in a few days

have recovered about normal sensory feeling errywhere
vision is back at 95-99% (depending on tiredness and ambiant light)
neuropathic pain is much lower except in 3 pain points, but still invalidating (it keeps on regressing after pain crisis, which generaly doesn't happen with patients after such a long time according to doctors, but most thalamus stroke patients are old, and I was only 33yo when it happened, so brain plasticity seems to be at work)

Bruh the brain doesnt use code, its an autistic mess of and/or/not gates that are interwoven enough to produce a human. Look up those neural network computers. Also speed is irrelevent, there are many types of fibers with different speeds and levels of myelination

Is the corpus collusum still in tact? If not hold a banana in your right hand and see if ypu can name it, repeat with the left and see if you recall the word banana. Then, shove it up your anus and see if you can remember the word.

checked and keked

What's it feel like to have scar twice the length and girth of your penis?

what awful stitches

are u q retard now?

With a heavy heart I must admit the length part is true

Want to keep investigate about illuminatis?

How does it feel to be lobotimized?

trump suporter detected

Or did you fall off your Razor trying stunts? Anyways never get brain surgery that shit never works. Now I"m sure you understand nothing of what I have written to you because, well brain surgery. So here it is so you can understand: "Potato, pOtAto, motatoe, nopato, and Poltatoe"

brain implanted or extracted?