ITT: Most Overrated bands

ITT: Most Overrated bands

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n6P0SitRwy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All of them.

Beatles

Any 80s rock

This. Or 90's rock even. Bunch of genX dadbabies whining about today's music sucks when Alessia Cara sounds 100x's harder and talented than anything new order or nine inch lowe's put out

AC/DC. All of their songs sound the same

Destiny's child

Metallica.

Finally! Somebody else who understands why they suck so much.

Agreed. And I love Metallica. But they're not as awesome as everybody thinks. IMO, they're just an average metal band.

Green Day. Fucking mall punk. If you listen to this shit you're a fucking tool.

Every rapper ever. Except maybe NWA, and I'm not even sure about that.

Pearl Jam.

Metallica was my favorite band for a long time when I was first getting into metal. Now the only albums i'll listen to are Kill Em All or And Justice For All. Master of Puppets is so overrated.

rolling stones and beatles

Disturbed

Ride the Lightning was pretty good. And I liked Death Magnetic.

You can dislike them, but their hold on the popular conscious is too great to deny.

Nirvana is pretty overrated. They're the Final Fantasy VII of music-good, but not as great as everyone remembers.

Agreed. If we're talking about something underrated by them, it would be Death Magnetic. It was a great comeback album. Too bad they returned to making shitty dad rock.

could say about every overrated shit band

Nine Inch Nails. You know you have failed as an artist when a dying country singer takes one of your songs, completely changes the meaning by swapping out a single word and then that version becomes the definitive version everyone thinks of when they hear that song.

Also I'm still salty as fuck that The Social Network beat Inception for Best Original Score at the Academy Awards. Trent Reznor is an emo little shit who has not made a single memorable score in his life. Shit was a fucking joke.

What If Jason Segal and Paul Rudd shared a fucking uncle or some shit, that shit would look like it.

Yeah, I thought after Death Magnetic, maybe they were going to return to what made them good in the first place, except with a bit more of a modern sound, but no.

They went to shit after the black album. James lost 80% of his voice, Kirk stopped doing solos and kept on with his lazy, wah peddle bullshit , Jason said, "fuck this" and left.

Years later betabass player trujillo is too good for this now shit band, Kirk fails miserably at new solos, James just does the same lackluster, stoner 90's rock, metal note progressions. Ironically, lars had actually improved his drumming as of late.

Age has nothing to do with it. Megadeth's new album sounds like they never aged one bit.

>Megadeth's new album sounds like they never aged one bit
They had a period of shitty stuff, too, but it only lasted an album or two (Risk, mostly), then they were back to their old selves again, and to me, it seems like they're actually getting better with age. I'd much rather listen to new Megadeth vs new Metallica.

most underrated Stereophonics

Thankyou for posting that band OP
God fucking damn that band is shit.
Pure shit.
I'd give their best song a 2/10

they were amazing back in the early 90s.

Not really.

Most of the bands mentioned so far have very few if any songs that have penetrated the culture at large. Metallica has maybe 5. Same with AC/DC.

The Beatles and Stones have like 20 each minimum.

and what's better

U2
/thread

agreed

Joy Division...New Order 10x better

t. 16yo

There music is what it is, but they were more than just a band. They changed the music landscape entirely. They changed culture entirely. American music went from shitty hair metal to grunge overnight because of them. Kids started dressing like faggots overnight because of them. Was their music the best? No. But it was pretty good and their impact was huge. You're either a troll or too young to know how big they were.

the beatles
metallica
Elvis Presley
Aerosmith
pretty much anything from the 60s onward

The bands mentioned which actually are rated highly, you fags are wrong about. The rest are too easy.

God yes. And you can just say Ian Curtis is overrated.

this is spot on. im 38 now nirvana were massive and will still be talked about in 100 years.

8th grader detected

WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO MEAN NIRVANA AND KURT COBAIN SAVED MY LIFE LAST YEAR!

>Suck so much
From all bands and you choose ACDC

Maybe. I still feel like they were one album away before Kurt checked out.

To me, they're on the Sex Pistols, GnR, Doors, Hendrix list of bands I checked out and acknowledge as important, but don't really like.

Led Zeppelin

Dos he raped you as a child?

I'm not really a fan of his albums, but his live show is undeniably great.

obviously just a bait thread with a couple mouth-breathers that fall for it.

I-III are all great albums.

I didn't choose them, I just agreed that they suck because all their songs sound alike. There are plenty of other bands that are just as overrated.

I'm here for anyone who wants to shit talk Pearl Jam. They've spent almost 30 years on the same boring sound Neil Young got tired of after a few years in the 80s.

You are just talking bullshit, penetrated the culture? ACDC has one of the most selled albums of all time, so stop being a bitch, you are comparing the beatles with ACDC, that just show how retarded you are.

Bogan trash confirmed.

Do you know somebody under the age of 25 that listens to ccr? How on earth are they overrated?

I think kurt was a soulful singer but his guitar playing was 7th grade level junior high first semester music class. Krist was a good bassist but just a Devo hack essentially. Grohl was a decent, if overrated drummer. That's about it. They were the first emo rock band and the biggest follow-up would be The Killers or Paramore and they aren't anything special. Nirvana will be forgotten soon enough because of all the cringy, emocore bands that worshipped them who are in turn dying out themselves

MUH OPINIONS

The Killers sound nothing like Nirvana. They started out trying to be a more commercial Strokes before joining the trend of bands riding the Springsteen nostalgia wave 6-7 years back.

Nirvana is amazing. Most of the people saying theyre overrated just listened to songs on Nevermind.

Honestly last band I remember that tried going for the Nirvana sound were the Arctic Monkeys near the start.

listen to hot dog

A lot of people dislike In Utero.

Listen to ham sandwich.

100% this.

This is why most kids have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

They'll most likely never witness a cultural shift due to a bands music .

My nigga. These fucks or Radiohead. I catch so much shit for saying I hate these bands

youtube.com/watch?v=n6P0SitRwy8

back when music videos were actually art

ALL MUSIC IS OVERRATED

David Mathews Band

How the fuck can people listen to this shit? How is it even allowed on the radio? It’s got no beat, the music just kinda jizzes out of the speaker and falls onto the ground. Guys voice is all over the place and I don’t even need to meet or see him to tell that he’s completely full of himself.

I worked a summer job where the boss only played the same fucking David Mathews Band CD over and over. Then I had a teacher who would “share” his shit music videos with us on exam days. Bunch of fucking surrealist bullshit pretending to be art.

I never liked them. Of course, I was really into metal at the time, and you know how it is when you're an angsty teenage metal head, if it's mot metal, it's crap. Still not a fan of Nirvana, though..

i do! :-)

Arctic Monkeys deserve a legacy of appreciation like Nirvana. Too bad the singer was always kinda meh though.

tool

I'm sure this has been posted already but I can't emphasize it enough

No shit. Faux-intellectual hoodoo college normie music. A cross between Dr. John and John Mayer. Bleh. Hootie & the Blowfish fans are even worse.

I agree. I was in high school when all that shit was happening, and it literally happened overnight. Being a metal fan at the time, it didn't matter to me,because everything that wasn't heavy and loud sucked, but we could all see that after Nirvana and the grunge takeover, consequences were never gonna be the same again.

And what band do you like? inb4 death metal or worse.

Thats their best album, second best is bleach.

Michael the fucking pedophile Jackson.

nailed it. bullshitting to a drum machine and bass track isn't music, ffs.

Radiohead and Muse !!!Jesus fucking Christ I don't see how people can even tolerate the listen to it

animal collective
only 3 good albums

Whole thread is dumb. Overrated does not equal "I don't like." Buy a dictionary, shitbirds.

Grateful Dead.
All of their songs start off okay, but they do nothing with it and the song loses it's charm after 5 seconds. Only one song I've heard from them actually has something resembling variation and thought put in to it (one single "ting" that played during the chorus).

That always playing in Washington states black in the 90's

what does it mean then genius

Red Hot Chili Peppers,
i enjoy a few songs and blood sugar sex magic is a fun album but idk definitely overplayed and overrated by normies

Chads feel the Chili Peppers are normie enough for them and don't take them out of their comfort zone.

the eagles

The Beatles
What's so great about this shitty band? And yet normies actually pretend to listen to this overrated band and thinking it's cool.

The rolling stones is good, keep lurking for epic songs

Final fantasy vii is the best ff, and among the best jrpg

Yes!

>typical anti-beatle normie
Try to write a song like "Eleanor Rigby" out of thin fucking air back in the 60's.

Every band that told me the beatles suck are incredible hacks themselves, including the Stones.

the doors

KISS

Misfits? While they made an entire subgenre practically I still think they kind of sound like a boy band and the entire foundation of the Hot Topic stores

itt normies thinking they are not normies by not liking bands that typical normies like and thinking not being a normie is cool.

Anything that bedroom "muscians" listen to and eventually make derivitive, generic copies of

You're a fucking retard.

I like green day, but i do agree they're overrated but i dont think listening to them makes somebody a tool