I am in a pickle, sort of. A company served me with a summons for a financial account as of just over 5 days ago...

I am in a pickle, sort of. A company served me with a summons for a financial account as of just over 5 days ago. Their client was an ambulance company that responded to an accident I was in of no fault of my own. I never got an invoice from the ambulance company because they used the wrong address, and supposedly these attorneys tried to serve me with the same paper work 1 month after their second invoice.
I hadn't changed my address for over a year since that took place or received a call notifying me of the account as far as I can recall. Do I have a leg to stand on in court? Will I probably have to pay this or is it the responsibility of the other guys insurance or what?

It's a shakedown. Do not legitimise it with a response.

OP here, I also have and had medical insurance at the time but did not use it because I was not hospitalized or treated at the scene I walked away more or less fine with the exception of back problems that did not become apparent until a week or so afterwards.

They served you with a lawsuit. You need to answer the lawsuit. Are you in the US? You can Google how to write an answer to the suit. A general denial is what you want. You could also call the other insurance company. Did you get a settlement? If you did, then you are responsible for the ambulance.

What if I already responded and made the statement that I believed it to be fraudulent.

So who was in the ambulance?

Not a good idea. They will get a default judgement of you don't answer?

*if you don't answer the complaint.

I've made my response to the company I told them based on what I found out I don't believe the claim is legitimate and if it were I would only be willing to settle on the principal.
I did settle, are you saying there is no legitimate recourse whatsoever as a result?

If the accident was not your fault then you should not have to pay one penny.

If they persist tell them your family lawyer had told you this.

If they try to take further legal action then work with a law office and look into suing the shit out of them.

Start posting on facebook soon about how this is stressing you out. causing issues in your school work, relationship with family, relationship with GF / wife.... really play it up NOW so that in a year or 2 if this ends up in court you can sue them for causing you pain and suffering and you have a year of posts to back up the statement.

I was never taken away or given care they just did road side hazard related duties. Fluid containment and safety assurance or something like that.

This is what I assumed which is why I am actively trying to settle the account

My first court date is as of Nov 11th and I don't really have Facebook...

Thanks I needed a distraction.
I identify as a heterosexual male.

First of all a "company" cannot "serve" you with a "summons". Next...who used the services of the ambulance?

Sorry OP, you are and always will be a faggot.

And how much did this "roadside" services bill amount to? Did you consent to the "treatment" either verbally or by signing? If you were not disabled enough to be carried to the emergency room, then I assume you were conscious and legally able to give consent or not as the case may be. The other "services" not rendered to you are not billable to you.

If you are going to court then im gonna need more details about the accident.

if its gotten to this point then you should really have a lawyer there. Their company will be sending their lawyer and if you show up without one you WILL get fucked in every single way you can be and 13 ways you should not be.

This sounds like a rip off.
I have medical debt that is 6 years old. No one has ever sent me a court summons or employed a lawyer.

Assuming OP isn't a lying faggot, your leg to stand on is that you were not notified of the charge at the time it was incurred and it is the hospitals duty to maintain current records so that you can be properly notified of these debts as they happen. Find a cheapo jew lawyer on TV. It takes a literal retard to fuck up a case like that.

So if I give a guy a handjob without asking first I can then send a lawyer after him to get paid?