JUST

JUST

twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/849279862787514369

>UPDATE: Tony Romo to be released by @dallascowboys, expected to replace Phil Simms as top TV analyst for CBS: report nydn.us/2oVC7L1

>tony nomo

watch the bastard trip and break his collar bone before he even utters a word.

Makes sense to me, at least he knows he's washed up

FUCK

MY

Phil Simms is the worst commentator of all time. This is fantastic news

SHIT

why not joe buck?

JEEUM, WHAT THEY GOTTA DO IS FORCE THE QUARTERBACK

TO UH...THROW THE BALL...SOME OTHER PLACE

Bad decision by the quarterback jeeum. 'e throws off 'is back foot, and the ball doesnt get there

Why would they give a random unproven guy the top spot? There are plenty of small markets they could try him out in first.

NOT FUCKING PHIL GODDAMNIT. I love Phil and Jim banter. Fucking Romo ruins everything. Why can't he go to Fox or something.

reeeeeeeee fuck off phil is based

>simms lost his job to a mexican
>romo lost his job to a meme game manager
not sure which is worse

>The Romo news didn’t sit well with everyone in the media as former CBS sideline reporter Bonnie Bernstein blasted the hiring.
>Bonnie (((Bernstein)))

lmao is anybody even surprised?

I don't know how common knowledge this is but Simms getting demoted is no surprise considering that him and Jim Nantz really didn't get along.

I don't know much about what Simms is like behind the curtain but apparently Nantz is insincere and a massive snob

Because the whole job is your name, having some good stories, being charismatic, and being a bit professional.
Being a color commentator doesn't require broadcasting experience.
Look at Phil Simms. He is fucking completely uncharismatic but he rides on his name.

Was he really that bad?

This. So much this.

TYBR

Romo wins on and off the field

National crews are for plebs. The radio crews are where it's at and one of my favorite parts of preseason is getting to see them on television.

P.S. Bob Papa and Carl Banks are the best radio crew in the league and for two guys who were on the same team Banks kicks the shit out of Simms as a commentator

simms is a retard

None of that is true.

Fuck, am I the only one who liked Phil Simms? He wasn't that insightful but he had a pleasant voice. Announcers are just background noise anyway.

I don't like how they just put Romo on the #1 team without any previous experience, shouldn't he pay his dues or something?

there are no words to describe how awful phil simms is

this is a good thing

Do cowboys fans even like romo? He won you nothing

He's the sole reason we won 24 games from 2011-2013

>Even when they're actually white they're still stealing jobs

Exactly, he won you nothing

>Romo retires
>replaces Phil Simms
there is nothing about this I don't dislike

t. Iggles fan

I'm an oldfag New York Football Giants fan. While Simms won the superb owl twice and was owl MVP once, he was at best a mediocre color commentator. Also, as poor a commentator as Simms has been, he's been noticeably worse the last two seasons.

That being said, CBS is treating him pretty shabbily. I don't know if Romo the Pinata will work out in the booth, but Simms shouldn't have been kicked to the curb like this.

According to Kristine Leahy Tony Romo is actually a very intelligent and well spoken man when discussing football