I want to get an AR-15 and I'd like to get some feedback. It would be for home defense and shooting at the range...

I want to get an AR-15 and I'd like to get some feedback. It would be for home defense and shooting at the range. From what I've read, a good, inexpensive entry level model is the Aero Precision AC-15. Thoughts?
aeroprecisionusa.com/aero-ac15-complete-rifle.html
I do already own a few handguns and a shotgun so I am familiar with shooting, etc.
inb4 this isn't /k/ >>yes. I already did. Got some advice but I don't feel comfortable anywhere else.

Other urls found in this thread:

windhamweaponry.com/firearms/rifles/223-556-caliber-rifle/carbon-fiber-src/
youtu.be/5Eil6PiiOhQ
palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15-05/pa-15-rifles.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Peace of shit get an AR-12 much better get a huge drum mag too.

I hate you, Cant get shit in my cuntry.

I don't want a fucking shotgun. I already have one. I said so in the OP. Ugh! This is why Sup Forums is Sup Forums. And then there's

Windham Weaponry is great for a first ar-15 they are the factory which used to make bushmasters back in the earlier 2000’s before they turned to shit and there pretty cheap and easy to customize

Any specific recommendations?

...... dafuq is wrong with you?.........

Get the AC-15M (midlength model). It's a great rifle.

Hey now, at least you can own bb guns...right?

windhamweaponry.com/firearms/rifles/223-556-caliber-rifle/carbon-fiber-src/ That’s a really decent one

Get a gas piston upper, they run way cleaner and don’t get fouled up as fast.

Get an ak 47 piston is better than d.i.

About $200 more than the Aero. Worth it?

I have a franken rifle i built from the ground up. It started life as a range tool and machine lower reciever, however now its a franken gun from hell. Ive got a 16in barrel, with a 51t aac muzzle device, a geisllie trigger, unbrella corp pistol grip, lmt spomod stock, dpms carbine bifder tube, aac square drop 15in rail, daniel defense fixed sights, an aac bolt carrier, magpul ms1 sling, bcm ambi charging handle, troy oversized mag catch, ambi, a geisllie maritime bolt catch, and an ambi safety.

Basically i pieced mine together. For a fuck ton cheaper than i would have spent buying a high end rifle.

get
Sig saur 516 16inch

I'm still new to the whole ar-15 thing, but I thought it was gas piston. It isn't?

Also i cant spell geisllie for shit.

I've shot an AR-15 before. I bought one a while back and took it to an abandoned plot of land. It was really nice, shot sturdy but the kickback was minimal. Nothing like the luger i shot later that day

whats with all the fags posting thousand dollar ar 15's?

you can get them for 400-600 bucks on Armslist fucking faggots

.556 for home defense.

Fuddlore. The BCM filthy 14 would like a word. AR pistons have their own problems with carrier tilt. If you want a piston get a rifle that was designed from the ground up for piston, like the AK as was mentioned.

Eh sig is shit. Fuck paying for the name.

the gas piston also prevents the upper from heating up so fast

I prob wouldn't know what to buy. What would you say your gun cost?

yeah better get $500 cheap plastic shit aight ?

This user gets it.

I don’t have an experience with aero but Wyndham is great for beginners who want to make upgrades themselves and they run without flaw they all also come with a case too but the magazine they come with is shit that’s my only issue but look for other cheaper models I’m sure there’s some for about the same price as the aero

.223/5.56 is perfect for home defense
so is 9mm

Yeah, he should get a .338 lapua for home defense.

And it has more recoil due to the piston mass reciprocating and more parts that a direct impingement system. Everything has a trade-off.

.300 blackout is better for home defense. Can get subsonic ammo too. .300 rounds are designed specifically for close combat. Less than 100 yards.

You're welcome user

Yeah, I'm not paying $1600. Read: entry level ar-15.

ar 15 is retarded for home defense, unless you live on a farm with a tonne of land and you need the range/distance/accuracy
get a shotgun, or something else that wont shoot through who you're shooting at, shoot through a wall, and then hit your family at the same time

No, id rather get shit that i like than a fucking stamping that does dick all for preformance.

Fucking fanboy.

Just visit a Gun-shop and get some Infos from experienced people

OP, getting an AR-15 is the equivalent to being a white girl in starbucks. Basic.

Get a mini-14 or PTR-91.

>im a retard: the post

You spelled 20mm wrong.

Eh, the ptr i get, but im not really into the ruger.

>went to /k/ for gun advice
>feels more comfortable taking advice from Sup Forums

I was gonna post this same exact sentiment but OP's got a hardon and you can't tell anyone with a tacticool chub nothin

Spend $700 and get a fucking ak47

youtu.be/5Eil6PiiOhQ

Have you considered Palmetto State Armory?

palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15-05/pa-15-rifles.html

Check out any drywall penetration tests you fucking idiot, high velocity 5.56 will fragment and lose energy when it hits stuff, 00 buckshot will penetrate more walls because it doesn't fragment on impact.

I just got a WASR-10 for like $550

Or you could just get an AK like a real man. . .

You have no concept of ballistics. Gtfo.

OP you're on the right track. Don't be a snowflake, if you're going for a duty gun that will last you well, Aero makes a good standard AR. The fact is, they're absolutely one of the most prolific arms in the US, so why wouldn't you want one? Easy to shoot, and cheap standard 55gr ball ammo has great ballistics as is, and so on.

If you want some input from someone who has 10 years in the business, hit me up on my burner email and we can chat on another line.

I know. What can I say? They had some ok advice but you can't get the kind of raw shitposting you get on Sup Forums. I posted on /k/ a bit before posting here. There's 19 posts there.

Its sad, that /k/ cant give actual advice to someone that just seeks knowledge.

Sad, but kek filled none the less.

mah nigga

This user gets it.

>$1,000
>expensive

what's it like being poor?

Someone on /k/ recommended that one. It's about $250 less than the Aero but some parts aren't mil-spec.

Fuck it, just get a 45 70 for home defense.

Oh, forgot my burner - [email protected]

Whats it like dropping 1000 on a rifle and not having any money left for ammo, or training? . . . You fucking fanboy.

Tfw i couldnt afford coffee today bc wallet is actually empty

Fuck off with your garbage AKM bs.

PTR IS FOR REAL MEN

user..... its spelled 110mm..... jesus didnt you go to a language class in grade school?

Thanks user. I do have a 12 gauge in the bedroom, a 9mm at my work desk and a .25 cal by the bed. It's a matter of picking the right tool for the job. I want to have an AR-15 ready to go when needed,

Sig Saur M400 preferably in olive drab furniture.
Can be found for 750ish.
/thread

“I need a machine gun to protect my home…”
—Typical delusional white boy

we're in America you gay ballzo, we dont use the commie metric system.

HK and Ruger both have eliminated tilt in their piston guns. No clue about Adams Arms and Faxon though.

"I dont need a machine gun in general"
-fucking jew

Its still a sig..... (vomit, gag, stab self in face)

>System shits where it eats
>Has to be cleaned every few hundred rounds, can't lube and forget
>Talks shit on AK which can literally be shot forever without cleaning as long as there's no debris in the lugs or bore

Not one of these is a machine gun. . . Learn how things work you fucking hipster faggot nigger.

Why do you insist on hurting my feefees?

110mm howitzer.... pretty sure thats how artillery is measured....

Also i was born in Tennessee, user.

Stop assuming my nationality you triggered faggot.

An automatic rifle is NOT a machine gun. Why are liberals so ignorant when it comes to this simple concept?

M8, what the fuck are you talking about? This thread is for amerifags that can purchase weapons for self defense. take your euroshit ignorance elsewhere.

That's good. I'd definitely go Aero unless you want to wait for black friday deals, but I've had good success with their stuff. All their stock parts seem to be a lot better in terms of fit and finish compared to other brands around the same price, namely trigger groups, and fitment of uppers, lowers, etc. Barrel quality seems to be great too, but they do use Ballistic Advantage barrels afterall. Also their bolt carrier groups are made by Toolfcraft and are 158 carpenter steel, so it's pretty swell. The last personal build I did used all Aero parts with a Ballistic Advantage 10.5" barrel. I haven't cleaned it in 2500 rounds or so, and it's still running without malfunctions.

Yeah faggot, I won't stop there. I'm gonna assume your gender too.

>HK

true, but it's like a $3k AR-15

>Ruger

true, but then you'd own a Ruger

If i cant stick my AR-15 up my ass how am i supposed to get off

..... dats alotta hootch.

I identify as a rotating bolt, you bigot.

for home defense best deal is a 12 Gauge slug. Load slug buckshot slug buck shot.

>i cant be arsed to understand basic gun stripping, cleaning and lubing because i'm a faggot

Your post.

I've had nothing but good experancies with Sig. I carry a P320 daily and have put over 500 rds thu it and never had an issue. The M400 has never failed me either. I can shoot that steel cased BS through that rifle all day and it wont jam. Great economically speaking, not having to load up on high end match ammo just to shoot paper.

Only a total faggot thinks he needs a gun to defend his home. Fight like a man or call the police you fucking pussy.

>P320

don't drop it mate! You'll shoot your eye out

That looks retarded...... also its the most american thing ive seen all day.

Micropenis detected

I want to see a shootout between a hicktown farmbilly boy and a thief in his ranch home with AR15s so badly.

>you fucking pussy
>call the police

kek

Its a sig.... also enjoy your failed striker pistol that will fire when dropped.

Ill stick with my glock,

This fucking faggot doesn’t know what the fuck he’s talking about. Shut the fuck up you poser.

Lol I love my little sub compact 9mm guns. Can wear pretty much anything and as long as you carry it right no one would notice a thing. I dont open carry, ever so its great. Also, its super light, but not cheap feeling. After wearing it for a few hours you could honestly forget its even there.

>call the police
GTFO faggot

>registered firearm
what are you some kind of cuck

Don't forget the suppressor no sense in waking the kiddies they have school in the morning.

>glock

top kek, plastic garbage. Be a real man and get a 1911.

Ruger MPR is most bang for your buck in the entry level space.

>supressor
don't act like that does anything

get the M&P®15 Sport™ II | Smith & Wesson it is a good entry ar 15 about 500$ and you can most likely get at any sports store. but make sure on the barrel it says 556, the 556 will hold up better shooting a 223 round. you can shoot a 556 round through a 223 barrel but it will break the barrel sooner or later

Is that a pump-action? Because it looks like a pump-action, and that drum would be in the way of your arm comfortably pumping.