/björk/

These threads are for the discussion of Icelandic singer, songwriter, record producer, DJ, and multimedia artist Björk
Guðmundsdóttir. All Björk-related discussion is welcome, but try to keep it music related.

>download her discography
mega.nz/#F!N1J3UAyI!ZeVmqX_84lcT2JTaoHCO3w!coQHiaTT
mega.co.nz/#F!RhxTiRIQ!qQEnIfJZVw3dwaS5OWJWyQ

>useful bjork-related sites
bjork.com
bjork.fr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GW2Pb6XeoO4
therestisnoise.com/2011/11/my-favorite-records-björk.html
youtu.be/7FuQI0hVxns
pitchfork.com/news/bjorks-new-album-out-in-november/?mbid=social_facebook
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so, /bjork/ is the new /grimes/?

I've probably heard bjork songs in my time but couldn't tell you any off the top of my head.

Where do I start to into Bjork?

no. it's /björk/.

>adds Karvel to the end of Post

youtube.com/watch?v=GW2Pb6XeoO4

What kind of music do you listen to most of the time?

Homogenic is a good stylistic midpoint. Go early for more pop and later for more avant. Vespertine is my personal favorite

Stealing is a crime

LCD Soundsystem has been taking up most of my time recently, but I'll happily listen to most things other than hippedyhoppedy and that there rap or on the other end of the spectrum screaming stuff.

Björk used to shoplift a lot when she was younger, since she had no money. Some anons may not have the money to buy her records.

Try listening to her discography chronologically, from Debut up to now.

Who else is hyped for the new single on the 18th? What do you think it's gonna sound like?

bump

very excited
hopefully something melodic. want something uplifting and reassuring in the way the Undo is, but something uplifting and energetic would do me nicely too.
desu i don't really care what is sounds like, as long as it sounds good as what it is being.

Good attitude, hoping for something very positive as well.

her live albums are underrated
debut live is super comfy, very nice to listen to past midnight, and they all generally7 have very interesting and enjoyable live renditions of album tracks and b sides.
she manages to always have such a great tracklist in them so they generally all feel great as an album experience

I agree, they're all VERY comfy to listen to, especially at night i find. I often put them on when im in bed w/ my headphones.
And as for good live versions, army of me on voltaic is great and I go humble on i think Homogenic live is really cool as she does a little michael jackson bit at the end.

fan of this pic

Live albums as a whole are underrated. For some reason people don't like to stray outside of studio albums.

OP here, any way you'd improve the pasta for this general?

>"Hi user, what do you do in your free time?"

yeah absolutely. i always love to put a live album on in the background, i'd rather have them play whilst i do other stuff so i can give studio versions better attention and hearing live versions of songs helps them to stay fresh

For me, live albums are sort of like remixes, adding a different layer or feel to the original. Remixes are also pretty underrated.

Good post.
I especially like Vespertine live, I think that's the best as an album. Also a big fan of vulnicura live since I like her more aged, mature voice

Found out about the album bytes by mad dog productions bc of her
Very good, would definitely recommend to a bjork fan despite it not being completely similar. They also did some pretty good remixes of some tracks on debut which are worth checking out.

>mad dog productions
meant black dog productions. silly me

Christ she looks cute here

Reminded me of this list
therestisnoise.com/2011/11/my-favorite-records-björk.html

Thoughts? She has pretty interesting taste. Surprising choices, which is actually unsurprising.

never heard of some of these, will definitely try and listen to them tho
The dreaming is a solid pick tho, i can say that

Man the black dog are amazing. Haven't listened to them in a while, should tho. They're true pioneers, should be discussed as much as autechre and aphex twin.
Nice to see bytes show up on this list desu
She seems to have great taste imo

Patrician.

The only right answer is chronologically from debut

Any fanbase is a mistake. It's incredibly sad how you can turn a talented artist into something you hate because of her stupid fans. Bjork has become the new grimes.

>Desertshore
Wtf I like Björk now

@75037354
No she hasn't. Stop shilling this stupid meme. Please leave.

nah there's a lot of genuine discussion in this thread. you don't have to post in it, but there's people her who do want to talk about her. just because an artist has fans that want to discuss them (in a thread separate to any other artist, so we aren't exactly interfering with anything) doesn't mean they have a bad fanbase.

favourite era?

for me it's homogenic
she had this sort of subdued anger to her live performances which i think is extremely cool

debut

Should we do an another bjork fanfic lads? There's a month from the last one and I liked the last one

Probably not so that angry faggot stops posting.

>she does a little michael jackson bit at the end.
THIS
it's insanely cute

youtu.be/7FuQI0hVxns
this isn't it but still rly cute

i go humble is definitely one of my favourite b-sides
>hoo-ah hoo-ah

medulla a shit

not really

>Bjork has become the new grimes.
the whole thing with grimes was that fans would constantly invade other threads and start claiming grimes is the best there ever was. bringing her up in unrelated situations. just generally being annoying
i personally don't see bjork fans doing this. i also dont see whats wrong with having a general for an artist who's fairly popular here and has upcoming material.

Stop replying to the bait, there's no convincing him.

Thanks for the dl link op

Love Karvel, Charlene is great too, most of her b-sides are.

I'm very excited, basically what this user said I noticed on the new artwork the Vulnicura wound is glowing/healed. Really hope that song she wasn't sure to put on the album which was "straightforward" and the most medolic of the lot is on there.

I know I shouldn't reply but fans discussing her work isn't sad, especially when there's new music out in a week. It would be sad if people made tons of threads or spammed her in unrelated threads. Do you hate Radiohead or Death Grips because of their numerous threads every day? There's not too many Bjork threads these days, and when there is most of the time there's good discussion.

They're great, got all her live DVDs too. Vespertine and Volta live are my favourites.

You're welcome. I think everybody deserves a chance to listen to her music, and I also think it's really valuable to maintaining a general.

Hey, it's an interesting concept -- an entirely vocal album.

Please fuck off and stop projecting Grimes fans onto Bjork fans just because she's an independent female artist.

best time to listen to bjork is late at night i find

This is true. I feel like that's almost what she intended.

Start with Debut then listen chronologically

Homogenic on a cold winter's night is class

Vespertine on a cold winter night must be ascension.

It is especially on acid.

Yeah Vespertine also really captures the icy aesthetic

I think it must be an Iceland thing, I get the same sort of vibes from Sigur Ros

This week i listened to all of Björk solo studio albums since debut (including selmassongs), some of them for the first time.This is my ranking:
1. Homogenic 10/10
2. Vespertine 10/10
3. Post 9/10
4.Debut 9/10
5. Vonicura 8/10
6. Selmassongs 7/10
7. Medulla 7/10
8. Volta 6/10
9 Biophilia 6/10

Volta was to uneven (had some of of the worst Björk songs, but i really like some of the tracks). Biophilia was boring and didn't do much to me. All the rest album i either like or loved.

What would you say Debut and Post are? Maybe a late summer sunset?

I like to listen to Debut in Autumn I don't know why.

very reasonable scores

Personally Debut and Post give me real hustle-and-bustle in the city vibes. Debut seems more like in the city at day while Post is the night time continuation of it.

Same here, I think it's that weird in between period of summer and fall, with the slower songs representing fall, and the dance-pop tracks representing summer.

This makes sense too.

So Björkfans opinion on pic related?

She likes the best Kate Bush album. Nice

Haven't listened to them yet, where should I start?

she also loves Death Grips which is obvious because of her collab with them

pretty good. didn't expect to like them as much as i did. quite catchy and melodic
they got two albums so just listen to those

first album

Just so happens that's their best album too.

They’re really good.

Sugarcubes are good and all but they’re my least favourite of all of her bands.

is there a complete list of b-sides/rare tracks and where to get them? preferably without too many remixes

I'll drink to that

We have a download to her whole discography in the OP, you can research the B-sides from there.

look up any of her b-sides on youtube and you'll be able to find more

This picture is incredibly uncanny.

that picture is so fucking weird

no clue what went wrong there, i wonder if there's any other pics like that

big red riding hood amirite

Overexposure, you can't see any of the contours of her face.

love her mad costumes

Yeah it makes her look like a chunky ogress

Same here, she gets really creative when it comes to expressing the concept of her album.

thanks but i'm not looking for the actual music, more like an autistically compiled and cross-referenced index of songs. lemme know if you have anything

yeah she manages to convey the "eras" surrounding each album very well

I wish her Homogenic and Medulla shoots had a more pronounced aesthetic though.

Dig around bjork.fr, you'll probably find something of that nature. Site's really well organized.

i really like style during homogenic tho. much more mature

*her style

Yes, but I never felt like it conveyed fully that "warrior of love" she was describing.

fair enough. i still think she was coolest around this time.

cheers

I hope you people can pronounce her name correctly and don't call her Bee-york

Oh yeah, definitely. I love her.

I try as best as I can, but it always comes out a little forced and weird.

New album out on November according to Pitchfork

Damn it. At least we know time is going into it.

pitchfork.com/news/bjorks-new-album-out-in-november/?mbid=social_facebook