I'm a full time bike courier in the city I live in

I'm a full time bike courier in the city I live in.
Ask me anything.

Also, why haven't you embraced the no car lifestyle?

i have, i ride my bike to work every day. Wind, cold, rain, snow, I ride in it all.

What kinda bike you ride?

500hp and e85

good for you bro.

>What kinda bike you ride?
just the same simple single speed bike i've had for ages. not fancy at all.

what about you?

Because I dont live in a disease prone, high density population area. It is 3 miles down hill to the nearest grocery store. A movie is 5 miles.

And you can keep your job. I have a bike and ride whenever I like.

Rear wheel drive and rain.

Because I can't waste time nor carry building materials on a bike. Some people gotta make real money. I do enjoy kayaking on my free time.

Any pic of your bike?

Mines just a converted schwin 10 speed to a single speed and i replaced a buncha parts. (Pic related)

You can't ride 6 miles to the store and back for groceries? honestly dude you are a lazy pussy.

How the fuck do you cope with inclines?

Nice man. How do you keep the bar tape so clean?

I assembled mine from the frame. It's unique to me and really recognizable and could ID me with it and I'd rather not considering all the cyclists being murdered lately.

being a strong rider.

No seriously, I contemplated a single speed but the inclines around me, it would be impossible.

I dont have the little basket in front, or the bell. And the hill is 3 miles. Going to store is easy, the uphill 5% grade is difficult. I am a Clydesdale.

get a better lock. The one you have in the picture can be snipped off in less than a second.

I bent my derailleur in a mysterious way and can't ride til I fix it.

don't use your size as an excuse.
I'm heavy as well and I spend 50+ hours a week on my bike. The city I live in is well known for its hills.

a basket is cheap and will more than pay for itself

convert to single speed.

I live in a black neighborhood, and don't feel like getting a new bike every day.

Keep your bike inside.
I carry mine upstairs into my bedroom every night.

I did away with derailleurs a long time ago.

They just get in the way and fucking snap all the time.

You shame me. I will try to do better.

zig zag or just power through.

already have one, I use a U-lock now

>How do you keep the bar tape so clean?
Its a fresh wrap, so they are clean

that's how you get your house broken into, user

I like having the option of multiple gears even though I rarely shift.

I can't remember how I broke mine but I was pretty drunk so it's probably my fault

even if you use it to run groceries 1 time in 100 it is still saving money over driving and 3 miles is a nice little ride. Enough to make you feel good not too long to kill you before you get there.

>It's unique to me and really recognizable and could ID me with it and I'd rather not considering all the cyclists being murdered lately
stop being a fag and post it

Quicksilver or Breaking Away?

Quicksilver

>Also, why haven't you embraced the no car lifestyle?

Because it's snowing here more than half the year.

what do you even do? just deliver stuff?

OP is a faggot

>why haven't you embraced the no car lifestyle?
Because I'm not a poor piece of shit.

time=money
bikes=waste time
car=save time
therefore
car=saves money

Because I don't live in a city you yuppie fuck.

>courier

Foodie for 2 companies
one is postmates. Postmates is shitty as fuck but I still do runs when they offer bonuses.
and caviar. Caviar is really good.

I can make 400-500 between friday and sunday if I work hard. 300 hundred if I'm half assing it

Agreed.

If you dont live in a metropolitan area, a bike is kind of useless.

>I can make 400-500 between friday and sunday if I work hard. 300 hundred if I'm half assing it
how many hours or miles do you? Also favorite backpack for riding?

Huh, sounds like a pretty good gig

I save about 3k a year by not driving.
3k being a conservative estimate.

Trust me when you do the math cars cost much more. Also they're are incredibly inefficient.

Just stay out of the fuckin way faggot I'm sick of hitting you retards

I have an old messenger bag but I don't carry my deliveries in it. I just use a simple milk crate, a real one made out of the hardened plastic, on the rear with a basic rack, I carry the food in two thermal bags, one nested inside another one and have done 30 minute runs in the cold and the food was still steaming when I handed it over.

It's a good gig but in order to hit that upper figure I have to bike my guts out practically. Still fun as hell though. I make 20-60 bucks in tips every night I go out.

When you actually live in a place with people you have to pay substantially sums of money for the privilege of NOT driving your car upon reaching a destination. Also, your insurance will easily double. Some places charge annual property tax on cars based on nonsensical appraisal tables. Cars are retarded and I, for one, welcome our autonomous on-demand vehicular overlords.

Not to mention gas + insurance + maintenance = money spent....
Let me tell you when I get a flat tire I spend less than $20.00 to get back on the road.

I have been riding full time my whole life. Heres a project I'm working on. Only in $45 so far!!!

and later in life when you realize that you wasted in upwards of 4 times the time commuting, and that all that wasted time cannot be bought with that money you "saved". you will realize why smart people have cars

>t. user who commuted via walking and public transportation for 10 years before realizing that it was a massive waste of a very important resource

learn to drive better.

quality>quantity

And if you don't have a wife your dick is kind of useless.
wait

I've been biking for the better part of a year on the same bike and I fell I need to do a deep clean/tuneup on it but I have no idea what I'm doing, know of any good videos on the subject?

good thing i live in a place thats not retarded and do not get into accidents so my insurance is really pretty low

>Let me tell you when I get a flat tire I spend less than $20.00 to get back on the road.

and i spend nothing as flat repairs are covered under my tires warranty. but IF it wasn't it would cost me about $20 as well for some "fix-a-flat" but car repairs and maintenance requires a brain so...

the gas argument is also retarded. if you buy a proper fuel efficient car it shouldn't cost more than $45 to $50 a week and insurance for small cars is also cheap.

don't live in a big enough city to even consider it, but it sounds cool man

large amount of quality>small amount of quality

>4x
troll harder faggot

You must be a lardass

It takes me about the same time to either bike or to drive to work. I don't have to fight/search/pay for parking and get to park my bike at the entrance to my building (I work at a university in a major city). Other than climate control biking is better

>why haven't you embraced the no car lifestyle?
Because
>If I need to do a large amount of shopping I need something to transport everything in.
>I life in a roughly rural area and it'd take an hour on bike just to make it to work
>I don't have the kind of time
It's only practical if you're talking using your bike on the weekend when you're going to the corner store for some cigarettes or some shit, or if you live in a city where everything is close together.

>it'd take an hour on bike just to make it to work
Go to sleep 2 hours earlier so you can wake up early enough to ride, satan. You probably could use the extra rest anyway.

how does it feel knowing you will be hit by a car?
out of curiosity what city? it's fucking retarded to have a bike at this time of year out here

I'm almost 25 and I don't even have a driver's license.
>no-car lyfestyle
kys, OP

I've been hit a couple of times. All hit and runs aside from one. I just get heal up and get back out there. I'm always learning how to be safer and safer.

I've never driven before and I'm 28

Ever fucked?

That's just neglecting an experience. I've done airplanes, boats, and construction equipment (among the normal motor vehicles) all without my license. Haven't done a motorcycle, yet. You're missing out, user.

I call bullshit on the airplane. Maybe you "flew" one whlie the real pilot let you.

Pilot here. You would kill yourself on the landing in a modern GA craft on landing.

Yes, I would call my sex life average.

I would try it if I got the chance. I'm a fast learner. I've just never had the chance.

Live 25 miles from town. Winter average temp is 10 F... Lasts 5-6 months... Dont wanna die

Can you ride 65mph on your bike?

10F!!! OMG I have to put on a sweater if it gets 10 degrees below 80F.

Can you drive a car without burning fuel?

Win win when you're hoping it happens.

Throw your bike in the trunk and driver 20 miles and ride the last 5

Bullshit answer. My job has one road going in or out. To be safe you must go 65. Your bike is worthless to me.

anf park where?!? in farmer Sven's yard? In a bog? Nigga citiot up in this fucker

What is an oxymoron?

>Your bike is worthless to me.

You're right but they do make bikes designed for fatties

>farmer Sven's yard

Aren't you friends with your neigbors?

>neighbors
>20 miles from home
nice b8 m8

I´m not a singlespeed rider, but my usual technique for uphills is:
>shift to like 50:14-16
>get off saddle
>put down power at 30 km/h

Of course this only works for short uphills up to 1-2 km distance...

bike trails/lanes exist in rural areas...
>totally

Your laziness is the reason they don't exist in the future.

No... tax revenue is the reason. Municipal planning 101 for the citiot: tax revenue is LOW in rural counties (less people = less taxes collected)... Timber production and resource extraction would be viable IF CITIOTS LIKE YOU would stop protesting their use.

Show me one bicylist who can ride a sustaines 65mph going up hills for 15 miles straight and I might go buy a bike. Until you can show me that, your bike is a piece of worthless shit.

Not dying of hypothermia
>laziness
nice b8

TIL People live in rural areas to justify their laziness.

try carrying a decent set of hand tools on your pushbike, let alone a generator and power tools, maybe some gel-cell batteries.

TL;DR: because I have a job to do

or were born there and have land holdings
>being this new to America

It didn't have anything to do with roads being designed for cars and people being physically unable to instantly adapt to your special needs because you aren't hardcore enough to ride trails, did it?

Or are you going to be the first person in history that solves the huge complicated problem of taking people's auto liscenses away as transit evolves faster than their skill in the absence of any criminal wrongdoing just so you can ride your bicycle on slabs of pavement designed to support 30 tons?

I'm being dramatic but seriously. Here you are telling people how unlazy you are by forcing them to let you use the easiest surface to ride your bike on. If you're anti auto why the fuck do you want to ride along side of them? Move to some goddam english countryside and stop being a whiny brat.

Show me a single biker who can sustain 60 plus mph for a long distance and you have a point. I work out after work there Jack Lillain, so I am probably as healthy as any pansy biker. I am a boxer. Your sport is lame and for hippies.

show me any automobile that costs nothing to drive

According to whose definition of cost.

Used to but end up choosing a car. Where I live driving a bike is dangerous and almost got killed a few times.

Now that I drive is safer for me but I agree that in most countries/cities a bike is the way to go.

Economist here: what is your calorie intake ovee public transit option? maintenance costs for the bike? medical costs for when you "get hit" (phamacy bandages if not ER or urgent care) What do you make an hour? If you worked for UPS, would they offer overtime or comp time for those extra hours you could be earning instead of commuting SLOW?

This nigga owns land

>Economist here

>ignores the cost benefits to biking over driver

burn your degree

2018 -1
not owning land

how do you put dead hookers on the back of the bike? cause he is a faggot and doesn't kill hookers

You still don't have a point. Your poverty doesn't make your primative transportation superior. Show me a bike that can support the following requirements.
Must be able to sustain speeds above 60mph.
Must be able to carry at least one passenger and several hundred pounds of equipment.
Must be able to tow light equipment.
Must be able to carry cargo that can be as long as ten feet.
Your bike might work fine for you, but it doesn't do anything I need it to. I could not commute or do my job with a bike. Can you pull a light backhoe with your bike? My van can.

I think you skipped the part where
>public transit
dumbass
FYI... captcha = select the bus