Why do Electric guitars sound like complete shit in any genre that's not metal?

Why do Electric guitars sound like complete shit in any genre that's not metal?

It's like every guitarist only wants to show off his skills instead of making a pleasant song in harmony with other instruments.
No, with guitarists it's always about me me me, they always want to be the lead instrument and play as furiously as possible and use three guitars at once and play with their teeth and while doing so they leave no space for anyone else.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kiWbBC0SouU
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nr6udmsAOKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rhUMUeyrlNY
youtube.com/watch?v=PwIzkYiCaCY
youtube.com/watch?v=oxleSZR4xSg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shut up fag

There's other genres outside of Metal and Cock Rock, user

>implying all of this doesn't apply to metal too

Musical masturbation is always awful

Electric Guitar is probably the best instrument ever invented barring Oboe

>in any genre that's not metal

99% of Metal is exactly what you described.

You need to get out more.

youtube.com/watch?v=kiWbBC0SouU

That was pretty fucking awesome, user.

hes a really fucking good guitarist but is much more concerned about the overall presentation of the music and collaborating with all 10+ members of the band.

His work with the Allman Brothers Band is a bit more wankery oriented but still compelling and not just about him as he has another oustanding guitarist standing next to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ

Very humble and great guitarist.

Glad to know not all guitarists are frauds

Im not really into wankery but that was some badass guitar playing. I thought they were dad rock. I love the ABB now WTF?

Metal, and all associated genres based around electric guitars, angry lyrics and wholesale lifted medieval/mythological imagery are a bad joke that appeal only to edgy teenagers and adults who never grew out of that phase.

You definitely need to listen to more music.

that bass player tho-

I'm 28 years old, I listen to fresh new albums 15 hours a day, I rarely listen to the same song twice.

F R E S H

This is what a guitar in rock music should sound like
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nr6udmsAOKQ
Well not exactly this, but in aggressive rock music the guitar tone needs to have the same sort aesthetic as the composition. In metal, on rare occasions do the guitars feel as fierce or violent as the compositions themselves are

>2017
>having access to decades upon decades of music of all styles and sounds
>still thinking this shit opinion

I'll indulge you - how could you have possibly determined that metal guitarists are worthy of praise? Have you ever listened to jazz or flamenco guitar players?

>Why do Electric guitars sound like complete shit in any genre that's not metal?
Because the good guitar stuff has already been done, and if you release a clean, original guitar track and upload it to a public service, you will get multiple DMCA takedown requests.

youtube.com/watch?v=rhUMUeyrlNY
youtube.com/watch?v=PwIzkYiCaCY
youtube.com/watch?v=oxleSZR4xSg
These people aren't getting any DMCA takedown requests.

See? It's already been done.

What has been done? You're not even trying.

Every good guitar riff, ever. You were even able to post examples. You're not even reading.

What are you even talking about? At least try to insert some sense into your baits.

You haven't heard the joke that there is no original music after Beethoven, then.
We only use so many chords.

Go to bed, Christgau.