>>75037307

Probably not. Does anyone care?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HS7xudghUsM
youtube.com/watch?v=v4ht6wXho4A
youtube.com/watch?v=utekPjykSmk
rollingstone.com/music/features/cherry-glazerrs-clementine-creevy-on-parents-success-w491524
youtube.com/watch?v=MnuASW3jOHY
youtu.be/Z8eDKxWBFwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>safe, bland positive message corporate indie rock
>just beneath the mainstream

fucking womemes

HOW CAN WHITE """"PEOPLE""""" EVEN COMPETE?!

Pat yourselves on the back, ladies! Women should be able to earn limited success and struggle on in a stale, dead genre just as men have been trying to do for the past few decades or so. Unfortunately for them all the money is in hip-hop now, which is a decidedly male-dominated scene and always will be.

>Singing 3 chord garage lofi punk songs about their vaginas and how trump is a meanie
>acclaimed, urgent
let me guess, this was written by a woman.

ALL OF THIS SOUNDS THE SAME

WHEN WILL THE WOMEME END

>2017
>womeme

I guess it's true, inasmuch as womemes are only taking up the scrap of this long dead genre

They would never stand a chance in its apogee

these are some of the bands/artists they are writing about.

if anyone of you are wondering

youtube.com/watch?v=HS7xudghUsM
youtube.com/watch?v=v4ht6wXho4A
youtube.com/watch?v=utekPjykSmk

>urgent

that second band seems to have energy at least

snail mail, aye nako, cayetana, mannequin pussy, vagabon, daddy issues, charly bliss, uv-tv, sheer mag, downtown boys, lisa prank, petal, diet cig, waxahatchee, palehound, soccer mommy, allison crutchfield, cherry glazerr, sad13, tacocat, sneaks, the courtney, war on women, hop along, thick

i might check out like 3 of the bands here, they sound similar to each other

Cherry Glazer is fucking abysmal and they're only famous because her daddy paid for their name to be everywhere. And tacocat hasn't been relevant for what, ten years?

Black people unironically make the best indie atm

Hop Along and Charly Bliss are pretty good;
don't get your hopes up too high though.

i like the little bit with uv-tv

>Cherry Glazer

rollingstone.com/music/features/cherry-glazerrs-clementine-creevy-on-parents-success-w491524

what a fucking awful person jesus christ

Dude I know. She ruined the local LA scene and converted it from punk to generic indie rock

these

Public Strain was an amazing album, but Women aren't really a thing anymore.

>We do this because we have to
>a literal fucking starlet model
>Greevy admits her parents, both writers, have been nothing but encouraging

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

well rock is trash so i can believe it

Even ultra-leftist outlets like p4k aren't giving any girl rock groups good scores

> a man called Sean Bohrman founded a label called Burger Records

>diet cig
>war on women
>aye nako
>daddy issues
>ut-tv
Thats it these sound sorta generic but I like what they have the rest are unbelievably boring

>snail mail
shite
>aye nako
meme
>cayetana
shite
>mannequin pussy
shite
>vagabon
le super important poc artiste
>daddy issues
i bet
>charly bliss
who
>uv-tv
who
>sheer mag
who
>downtown boys
you have to go back
>lisa prank
who
>petal
who
>diet cig
lmao
>waxahatchee
the ac/dc of empowered female music
>palehound
i'll allow it
>soccer mommy
sounds like a really ambitious and passionate venture
>allison crutchfield
stop
>cherry glazerr
p fun but obvious plants
>sad13
youtube.com/watch?v=MnuASW3jOHY presented w/o comment
>tacocat
ebin xD
>sneaks
"With little more than a bass, drum machine, and deadpan vocals" nope
>the courtney
blah
>war on women
nah
>hop along
like em
>thick
chastity belt tribute act

wtf i love nytimes now!

Are you basing whether or not you like these bands on the little soundbite NYtimes provides?

i laughed

i write reviews for this kinda shit on the regular so i've heard at least one full length/ep from a little more than half of them
the others were cursory bandcamp listens

Saw waxahatchee and snail mail together live, one of the most boring shows I've ever seen
Literally couldn't tell one 3-chord lofi pop song from the next

Jesus.

>indie and rock PR dominated by feminists and cucks
>intentionally give higher scores, features, interviews to other feminists and black artists
>intentionally give lower scores, no features, no interviews, no buzz to white male rock bands
>"wow women are making the best rock music look at the high scores look at all the good press and hype check out these interviews and features"

i live in Athens GA which is a HUGE indie rock town and this is exactly what's happening in our scene since roughly 2015. if you don't believe me go look at the reviews coming out of local Athens publications.

and what do u know the scene is literally dying out and all our good bands moving to Philly/Brooklyn/etc. and everyone wondering what is happening.

I'm from Madison, WI and we have the exact same thing

All the old punk bands are dying out and new ones hardly get any attention because the only coverage of the local music scene is "check out this new indie rock band with a FEMALE BASSIST! WOAH." Between that and everyone wanting to find the next up-and-coming 'conscious rapper' the whole thing's stagnant as fuck.

>That sad13 song
Holy fucking shit

first two or three waxahatchee albums are pretty darn solid imo (especially cerulean salt) but i totally get how it could all blend together. last album was super bland because now she's explicitly writing with a band in mind and that's clearly not one of her strengths

>women can do everything men can do!!
too bad they can't do anything original

Theyre kind of more indie sounding than straight up rock n roll but w/e

Man it's really weird seeing someone I went to school with mentioned on Sup Forums

>tfw she's out making music and i'm just shitposting on Sup Forums

thanks marcel

No, you don't.
No, you haven't.
Just stop.

I unironically liked that last paramore album, also marmozets are fine.
Aside for obvious chelsea wolfe, what female-on-the-vocals bands you guys like?

wew, daddy issues general?

I like UT And Soccer Mommy, but there are way better female fronted bands that are more obscure

do NOT disrespect me

lament and/or ridicule the death of the "guitar" band (what a dumb thing) all you want, but to claim any of these groups are bringing fresh ideas on a musical level is laughable

I know you want people to ask who, but I don't think anyone cares.

lmao fair

FIrst one is straight generic trash, a million bands like this- pick your local one if you like it

Aye nako track was good, don't know how well an album of that would hold up over time tho

Third was literally a nirvana riff

big thief

>No Japanese Breakfast
Fuck this shitty list

like white lung or screaming females

>Singing 3 chord garage lofi punk songs about their vaginas and how trump is a meanie
And yet, that would be enough to get an A from Christgau.

There isn't a better currently active rock band than AOA.
prove me wrong.

>but to claim any of these groups are bringing fresh ideas on a musical level is laughable
Just what fresh ideas did the original punks in the 70s bring? Banging out basic three chord rock while complaining about society? Real original, much?

if you sincerely believe that the '76-'77 punks didn't write, perform and record rock music in a profoundly different way than had been done before that's on you pal

I don't know why but I can't get behind western female bands. I love Japanese female bands tho.

No, but they make half of the best rock music today, unlike a few decades ago

PRETTY GIRL KEEP GROWING UP
PLAYING MAKEUP
WEARING GUITAR

Thats just as generic as any of the bands listed

Who

You can't seriously believe this.

You fags still cream your pants on postrock, don't you?

japanese breakfast is on the extended spotify playlist that goes with the article, and it's a hoot

new york times shilling for frankie cosmos. honestly don't know who's jewing who anymore

1st band is literally 2 guys and a girl who sings and plays 4 chords

Frances Quinlan was the only truly good female musician on that list. They missed a ton of better artists.

They are making the most critically relevant music, yes. Rock is a dead form, its only purpose in the 21st century is to have underrepresented minorities in the genre break the barriers that dudes did ages ago so that the media can hype it up. Once women get to the slowcore era, rock will cease to exist.

Same thing happened to jazz and classical. It'll happen to hip hop next.

>no Satomi Matsuzaki from Deerhoof

Just fucking my garbage list up sinpie.

What will ultimately will be hip hops replacement?

Post artists

Only jazz vocalists were mostly womeme, actual jazz musicians are still black and white dudes.

>that one chick who saw a band and thought "that's it?"

that's spirit.
always think you're better.

>ctrl+f
>"tricot"
>0 results

literally like 90% of these women are arguably making slowcore. snail mail for sure.

Electropop and EDM for normies for the rest of human existence
Techno and house for underground kiddies

I actually love The Courtneys, despite their leaf status.
youtu.be/Z8eDKxWBFwU

Apparently they don't count. They're not American.

require's too much finger strength to play anything fast
when you're 105 lbs and vegan you just don't have the stamina