What is Ween's best song, and why is it So Many People in The Neighborhood?

What is Ween's best song, and why is it So Many People in The Neighborhood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bShJ3bXzDVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's actually LMLYP

That's a strange way to spell I Fell In Love Today

its ocean man

not even the best on the album

I think White Pepper is one of my favourites. Am I a pleb?

the mollusk is their best song imo

there's such a beautiful simplicity to it

faggot

Because it's actually poopship destroyer. LET'S CRUUUUUUUUUISE

The Argus is the best.

Among His Tribe

Nope, Transdermal Celebration

So Many People in The Neighborhood is like the worst track on this album, though. Their best track is probably Spinal Meningitis or Tried and True. Maybe Monique The Freak.

hey little boy

Ew, those are their most boring songs.

I don't listen to Ween to be a contrarian hipster faggot, I listen to them because I like their music. I don't care if those tracks are "boring" to you, they're my favorites. Faggot.

So do I "Faggot >:("

You favoring those pleb songs really shows you havn't listened to much of their better more patrician stuff like The Pod and Pure Guava. Nerd.

Nigger GWS is like my second favorite of their albums. Call me again when you can jam out to Z-Rock Hawaii as hard as I can.

Ah a fellow patrician

Funny how their second best song, tastes good on th' bun is on the same album

hmmm it is actually what deaner was talking about

undoubtedly, but being a Ween pleb is better than a Ween hater

Roses Are Free is objectively the best Ween song.

>best ween song
>anything but Stallion 1
Sad, truly.

nah. it's their most consistent album imo, even if I don't think it's one of their best
this

Ocean Meme fag

PLEASE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE
SOMEWHERE FLOATING FREE
WEEN'S BEST SONG
IS CAPTAIN FANTASY

not even in the top 5 songs on Chocolate and Cheese

Correct album, but wrong song.

Best song is 'I Don't Want It'
>when dat guitar solo hits

Yep, White Pepper is Ween for people who don't like Ween.

Name 5 better songs on the album, I dare you.

Stallion 2 and 3 are both better.

youtube.com/watch?v=bShJ3bXzDVM

Not sure if this is their best, but I fucking love it for that cheesy-ass chorus.

Take Me Away
Freedom Of '76
What Deaner Was Talking About
Voodoo Lady
A Tear For Eddy

That would be Mutilated Lips.

The only Pure Guava tracks I really like are I Play It Off Legit and Stallion Pt 3. I also kind of like I Saw Gener Crying In His Sleep because of that dumb "you fucked it up again" line, but the rest of the album is some of their worst material in my opinion.

>No one has mentioned Falling Out or Flutes of Chi

>absolutely not
>great but no
>great but no
>absolutely not
>great but no

Not doing so well, bud.

What is this? I want to stick my dick in it.

You ain't a Ween fan

>opinions

No u

Yes, but the difference is mine's right.

Get drunk and listen to Pure Guava.

>implying

That entire album just bores me other than Take Me Away and The HIV SONG and a few other ones. Stuff like Freedom of 76 is just in one ear and out the other for me

That's because White Pepper sucks and Back to Basom is better than both of those tracks combined.

Third post best post. People who claim otherwise fell for the "comedy rock can be serious too" meme.

Mutated Lips
Transdermal Celebration
every pod track

Fuck off tripfag.

Exhibit "A"

>People who claim otherwise fell for the "comedy rock can be serious too" meme.
>waah stop liking songs by a band other than their most popular one
retard

Exhibit "B"

That entire album is gold and part of the reason for that is how shit it is

seriously? this is all you can say to defend yourself?
wow

Why would I need to defend myself from people providing examples for a phenomenon I'm describing ? Think before you post.

ah yes, the phenomenon of "going into a thread about a band, say they only have one good song and expecting everyone to agree with me"
are you actually retarded ? Think before you post.

>say they only have one good song
Uh, what ? Are you feeling okay ?

he's literally just posting for attention, ignore him

>it's a tripfag derails the thread episode
Nuke this fucking website, Hiroshimoot

Drider onahole.

Being a fan of something is not a badge of honor.

The Pod did being shitty on purpose a lot better than Pure Guava.

I don't wanna leave you on the farm

Ice castles

What Deaner was talking about

factually, Mister Would You Please Help My Pony is the #1 song on the album. Deaner has admitted as much. So there's that. Then there's Joppa Road, H.I.V. Song, What Deaner Was Talking About, and Drifter in the Dark. All objectively better. Why are you so defensive of such a mediocre Ween track, there's a lot of far better tracks out there to defend

yeah but Pure Guava has better songs, esp when played live

This, The Mollusk, Buckingham Green, or The Argus. Those four songs are their only 10/10s.

I remember you. You're that same idiot who was wrong about another top-five such-and-such, and I'm pretty sure it was Ween, and I'm pretty sure it was you.

Chocolate and Cheese is overall unimpressive btw, it's a shame once they got proper studio fidelity. But the other guy is quite right that Roses are Free is one of the better tracks, and most certainly in the top five on that album whose otherwise big claim to fame is the sexy album cover.

>I remember you
you don't because I'm pretty sure this is my first time writing a top-five such-and-such and definitely the first time it was Ween, and it definitely wasn't me

Roses are Free is one of the better tracks, C+C is overall unimpressive. I agree with ya. But Mister/Pony is much better than Roses which is a great representation of the album's overall unimpressiveness imo. And there's a few other better songs, like Joppa Road, HIV, etc. Roses is pretty middle-of-the-road for that album, and Ween songs in general

>I've only heard The Mollusk and have opinions about their entire discography

>I Don't Want It

It's not my fault they peaked in 1997.

It's your fault for ignoring their first 3 albums. Also The Argus is post-1997 so what is u sayin

Honestly okay point, but I feel like they each have different but equal merits

>tfw there's no live version of The Final Alarm

They didn't have any 10s before 97 and they only had 1 after 97. What don't you get?

imagine being either gene or deen
and having so many hits you literally have people arguing over your best song.

how is ween the best band to exist

I feel sorry for you.

That's not what I was implying. You just simply can't be a Ween fan if you don't like Pure Guava. You can't fully understand the band.

Why weren't they more popular? They had enough potential hit songs and a distinctive enough style that they should have been as big as the Chili Peppers or Green Day desu senpai.

>mediocre
I wouldn't be able to explain my position to someone whose ears don't work properly.

??? Chocolate Town is 10/10 better than The Argus. And before 97 was their biggest run of 10s, get educated

it's a mid-shelf Ween track, not much else to say about it except that it's a lot better live

Why can't anyone on this fuckin' board just come together and agree that Ween doesn't have a best song. Ween is so fuckin' good, that I can't think of one song better than all the rest. ye, I have my favourites, but all their catalog is golden.

>Over-listened to Ween when I was younger
>Only album I can enjoy anymore is White Pepper
It's a terrible feel

this. let's just all agree that every Ween song is great but "Chocolate Town" is by far their best and only a fuckign idiot thinks otherwise

this is my current favorite right now. totally skipped over it before, never hear of it mentioned at all. almost the whole album is listenable, a rare feat for ween.

humor doesnt belong in music. at least not on the radio. you hear ween in movies, but thats about it, youll never hear them on the radio unless its some college station or something.

then why tf did LMFAO, Lonely Island, Flight of the Conchords, etc get radio play?

lmfao- party anthem
lonely island- snl fame
fligh of conchords - tv show.

come on, do you really think ween WEEN has any commercial appeal at all? do you even think ween would want that attention? they are great musicians and stellar song writers, if they wanted mainstream fame and fortune they would have sought that out, they have been weirdo band nerd music from the get go and they never looked to sell out or change course, they always have done whatever the fuck they want, thats not gonna change any time soon.

Mutilated Lips*
It's ok man I forgive you

Most people consider it their worst. There's like three good songs on it.

I think my favorite thing about Ween is that theres no general consensus on their best. Everbodys got their own faves.

The Argus or Buckingham Green

as far as the underground scene goes, they're pretty popular

Chocolate Town is great but its nothing special in their library.

Not even Ween likes this album. Only good tracks are With My Own Bare Hands and Your Party.

every song got a sensible chuckle from me, its like ween easy listening. "woman and man" "own bare hands" are fucking jams, the rest is pretty safe genre hopping. "sweetheart" is better than whatever 70's tune they were lifting the feel from, it really sounds like it belongs in guardians of the galaxy or something. "object" is basically neil young. its all good-great with a little sprinkle of cringe/casio humor here and there. more musically simple than their other attempts, but every guitar lick is tasty and every song is pretty well put together and performed. nothing really feels over the top and the whole thing breezes by faster than you think. its a solid 7.5/10 overall.

It's one of the only standout tracks on Quebec.

There are only like three tracks on Quebec that AREN'T standout tracks. It's overshadowed by over half of the album.

Quebec is one of Ween's weaker albums. There are 4 excellent songs and the rest pale in comparison. It's a very disappointing listen front to back.