Anchorage

the places with the most mexicans and/or liberals

so Sacramento, Detroit, San Diego, and San Antonio

San Diego makes sense as long as they don't call it the fucking 'Surf'

Phoenix
Sacramento
Charlotte
Nashville

I, for one, do not want any SAINT LOULIGANS infesting my country's highest tier of minor league soccer, whether I watch it or not

>most mexicans
>Chivas USA folding in LA

Mexicans literally don't give a shit about MLS, they watch their mexican teams.

However, those cities are the best choices for other reasons

Saint Louis
San Antonio
Sacramento
Raleigh

half the fans are mexican, look at DC United or Galaxy fans they are like 70% latino and mexican

>Chivas USA folding in LA

they already had the fucking Galaxy, they didn't need another fucking team.

i'll watch MLS if they bring a team to San Diego

t. Paco

They've got two teams for everything else
The team didn't actually "collapse"
It's basically been inactive since 2014

>for everything else

yea but those teams have been around longer and everyone watches baseball and basketball. MLS is just starting to pick up

putting two soccer teams in one US city was a dumb idea, doesn't matter how many mexicans there are

Why is MLS expanding? Nothing like diluting an already weak talent pool...

The new New York team is doing pretty good
Besides, the only reason the team's attendance was so terrible was because of how mismanaged the team was

It's not really the same as with other US major leagues. MLS isn't the highest tier of soccer in the world. 4 more teams will have no effect on the talent pool because at the level of MLS you already have dozens of leagues with hundreds of teams. 4 more is a drop in the bucket. Maybe more diluted in American players; they can just hire more foreigners though. Brazil alone could probably supply enough players for all of MLS with the same level of quality.

obviously detroit

With that said
>It seems our real contenders are San Diego, San Antonio, Raleigh, Sacramento, and Phoenix.

Seems like some places people are genuinely interested and you can attract large crowds just find out where that is. Thinking of Portland, Seattle, Philadelphia and Orlando of recent teams. Some teams like San José, Columbus and Kansas don't really seem to have much interest in them despite being solid teams.

Detroit
Phoenix
St. Louis
Charlotte

I'm basing this decision on the fact that SoCal does not need another soccer team and that Florida does not deserve any sports teams period. The remaining choices are the largest remaining markets.

That actually doesn't really matter that much
Market sizes are much more important
So a place like Charlotte has a big advantage over Raleigh even if Raleigh has more soccer interest
There's also stadiums

You have some facts twisted there

You have no idea what you are talking about

detroit, st louis, rolly, then take your pick of cincy, nashville, naptown

Raleigh and Charlotte are the exact same market as far as sports leagues are concerened.

Hell SC is considered as being in the same market too.

And yet, soccer interest directly correlates to income generation potential. More people watching means more ad revenue, as well as more merchandise and ticket selling potential. Some places may have a stadium where others do not, but when the teams are chosen they will be because even if they do not have a stadium they have the a plan and legitimate financing plan to have one for the debut of their new franchise. Market size may count if there is a significant portion of it watching, but who fucking cares how big a population is if no significant portion of it is going to partake in the product?

Not really
Like you can't count SC in Raleigh's market

Nashville
San Antonio
Tampa
Phoenix

For sports teams you sure can, the tv broadcasts for the Panthers, Bobcats, and Hurricanes go to both states.

Detroit. The only reason I don't watch mls is that I'm not rooting for any of the teams around me.

PITTSBURGH

With these teams getting access to people is more important
For example, San Antonio has a small chance if any because it's a small market and it's already close to two other MLS teams
Raleigh may have more soccer viewers but Charlotte gets better access to that market plus its own and SC

I live in Michigan too and I'm hoping they don't bring a team here simply because I hate soccer, but from a business perspective I understand it's an inevitability. Detroit has got to be the largest market by far without a team to root for.

In that case Atlanta already covers both of those states

Actually it's Phoenix

The problem with Detroit is insecurity with the stadium situation
Right now the proposed stadium location is a jail and may remain a jail I think

Except it doesn't. Georgia sports aren't broadcasted in the Carolinas like the NC teams. There's a reason they're named the Carolina Panthers ans Carolina Hurricanes and not the North Carolina Panthers and Hurricanes.

Those are all filthy central americans with no league of their own. Any spic you see watching MLS or the U.S NT is most likely a Salvashit or Guatemalan.

Can't be. The Detroit metro area has almost as many people as all of Arizona.

Atlanta's games are on Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Southeast both of which NC get

Phoenix is in the #12 biggest MSA and media market
Detroit is #14 and #13 respectively

Again, how? The numbers don't add up. Michigan has 50% more people than Arizona.

It doesn't count the whole state if that's what you're asking

There is only one right answer.
Just look at that fucking crest.

We don't want that cancer

>San Diego
>Cincinnati
>Phoenix
>Charlotte

>detroit city
Nobody fucking calls it that. That name is literally retarded.

Detroit
St. Louis
Phoenix
San Diego

And if Miami never makes it add Sacramento or Tampa.

San Antonio so we can get San Antonio Spics.

Xoloitzcuintles de San Diego
Avtomobilist Detroit
Olympique de Saint-Louis
Racing Indianapolis

>tfw no 2nd MLS franchise for Seattle

are there any st louligans in this thread
also, where are you on the Doopin Mental scale right now

Definetly San Diego

Detroit
Cincinnati
San Diego
Sacramento

Why don't clubs just call themselves city FC

Los Angeles FC
New York FC

Much better imo than red bull or galaxy

Since St. Louis is now out

Sacramento
San Diego
Cincinnati
Charlotte

because it's generic, unoriginal, and overused.

In America, we have mascot names. it's just how it works and it's better that way.

Sacramento
St Louis (RIP)
Raleigh
Cincinnati

But mascot names are terrible

How many teams in MLS will that be if you add 4 of these?

These are teams 25-28

So will you have two parallel leagues of 14 and then playoffs?

It'll probably be kinda like it currently is

Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Phoenix
Sacramento

Not really sure that 4 should get a team, but these would be my picks.

FC Cincinnati is a weird one. They're only in their second year and they broke attendance records along with a great first year in the USL.. Problem is, there is no dedicated stadium, which is why Nippert Stadium (UC's field) is currently undergoing expansion. Apparently first meeting with MLS Execs went well, though.

Does Indy even have a stadium plan?

Plz don't do the MLS midwest. only hipster europhiles like it here. The people who do watch futbool watch the european leagues

>the MLS

Yes, actually.
See here: stadiumforindiana.com/

>mls
>people actually caring about it
>pic related
also why does the mls fans try and copy europeans soccer cultural with all the hooliganism, chanting, and shit. it's european stuff not an american thing.

>we

literally kill yourself

Cincy, Detroit, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego. It'll be 4 of those 5.

What the fuck is a Research Triangle

>why would people care about soccer
>i'd be good with it if fans didn't copy Euro fans

So which is it, you warthog-faced buffoon.