God-Tier Pop

Thread for sharing legitimately good pop music. Pop in the stylistic sense, not necessarily popular. Extra points for current working artists.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzLirKKqpfg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNl4GFNShrE
youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
youtube.com/watch?v=hcLm1q9Z7-M
youtube.com/watch?v=VeryxSEv4C8
youtube.com/watch?v=rjikk6IP2F4
youtube.com/watch?v=Hj7ncX3nC0g&t=1563s
youtube.com/watch?v=r0A4rPTdaGw
youtu.be/pjOOKb-DFZs
youtube.com/watch?v=k_zhdPv5o6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Truly CRUSHING pop music

youtube.com/watch?v=VNl4GFNShrE

youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE

the GOAT

Jig of Life is the best song on it

Kate Bush grew up with Irish music from her mom. Shame she played few songs done in that style.

That is not pop
This is pop
And it shows

youtube.com/watch?v=hcLm1q9Z7-M

legit my favorite pop album of all time and one of the few albums i've purchased. shame their second album didn't have a similar focus on the instrumentation. can someone recommend something similar with a various amount of instruments and shit? of course I'll listen to the stuff being posted here as well.

Holy shit, everything about this song in unbearable. The production is obnoxious, the hook is annoying, it isn't even catchy, like a good pop sound should be. Not even the vocalist is particularly gifted. And yet Sup Forums loves it. Why? Was it made ironically? Because even ironically it's unlistenable.

the most impressive thing about KeroBoni is that they are capable of putting out embarrassing, childish lyrics in not one but two languages at the same time

shit, meant to say song, not sound

youtube.com/watch?v=VeryxSEv4C8

Can anyone legitimately name a better pop album than this?? Seriously, every single song is catchy as fuck and could be a hit single.

Kate Bush has some cool instrumentation

youtube.com/watch?v=rjikk6IP2F4

math-y

this is the first grimes song ive ever heard
holy fuck it is fucking shit

are you serious?

Whos the canadian boy

he has the bone structure of a middle aged lesbian

I don't know if its his body or the lesbian shirt tho

i never even noticed the shirt, was thinking more of his jawline, neck and facial gauntness

i want to fuck him

explain how oblivion cant be generalized/considered pop.

if i had to pick one he'd definitely be it but both of them are weirdly un-cute to me

>Went to a KKB show and Jerry paper's opened for them
Best show of my life.
youtube.com/watch?v=Hj7ncX3nC0g&t=1563s

Unlike Sup Forums I discovered them before Fantano did therefore I can rightfully brag about how good they are. Also the guy on the right wears only old PL and Serie A jerseys which means he's a comfy Sup Forums patrician.

jerry paper is fucking great, KKB are bad though

What exactly is good about them? They don't really do much for me.

I like both.

Close second.

They just make catchy, lighthearted songs. Do you know when people tell you to "just turn your brain off" but you can't because you're too autistic to ignore shittiness? With them it works, because there's nothing shitty, it's just simple songs sang by a cute voice over some easy and fresh bases.

Eh, I guess I can see the appeal. I just think the songwriting's not all that good, and I don't like the instrumentation all that much either. People say it's "cute", but I feel like they depend too much on that.

The singer needs to shut the fuck up, but then the music becomes more prominent, and that needs to shut the fuck up too.

this is a good description
the fact their music isn't aimed specifically at children is baffling

youtube.com/watch?v=r0A4rPTdaGw

is this Smile.DK's "Butterfly" for the middle class?

CRUSHED

Breakfast in America is a fucking stellar album and I'm so glad to see someone mention it.

Jerry Paper is rll good

What the fuck, aren't there containment threads for this stuff?
Sorry, but it's really in no way good

youtu.be/pjOOKb-DFZs

If this isn;'t flaccid, that's a pretty average to slightly above average dingus.

>god-tier
>pop

how can the worst music on the planet be in anyway god-tier?

Europop transcends regular pop, in the same way Eurobeat transcended regular dance music

It's OK to be Gay

Is he making out with a dude with a peg leg? That's actually pretty cool imagery.

literally one good song

Good one

It's ok to be gay

Which one?

> tfw if I ever bedded her, she wouldn't even be able to feel my cock, after what she's been through

youtube.com/watch?v=k_zhdPv5o6c

I don't think LA Galaxy have ever been in either of those leagues desu