Anyone with experience can give tips for growing weed indoors? actually in balcony with afternoon sun

anyone with experience can give tips for growing weed indoors? actually in balcony with afternoon sun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HO0sODDrlfM&t=4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Research how to grow tomatoes, they grow the same way.

You can grow it like a tomato but it won't fruit you thc rich buds you can get high on (you probably want that), that would require you having grow lights for 10-24 hours a day and consume a lot of electricity.

Watch Jorge Cervantes ultimate grow on jewtube.it explains everything you need to know

The plant will grow very slow and produce very little product on a balcony unless it gets 18+ hours of sun daily.

I'd recommend buying a tent and a mars300 led light and a cheap exhaust fan.

Also try autoflowers if your stuck doing it on a balcony. This is an autoflower and took 70 days from seed to harvest.

Why the tiny fan?

dont grow outdoors unless you live in a place with very long summer and fucktons of natural sunlight as soon as the plant gets less than 13 hours of sun it will start to flower regardless of its size wich will either mean you get a midget plant with minimal yield or the plant starts to flower way too late and you get a giant bush but no real buds because its allready autum ...

air circulation and movement . strenghtens the plant stems so they dont break from the heavy bud and keeps mold and pests unhappy so they fuck off.

Fan simulates wind and moves the CO2

also to prevent temperature hotspots that might burn your plants .

As others here have said, you will not get nearly enough natural light from that balcony. Indoor plants need 18+ hours during their growth phase and a strict 12 on/12 off for the flowering phase.
Contrary to what some say, however, you don't need a lot of expensive, high energy use lights. You can use cheap fluorescent tubes. The trick with using them is that you need to keep the plants within a few inches of the light, so you have to be regularly adjusting your arrangement.
Give your plants lots of nitrogen in the vegetative (non-flowering) stage and lots of potassium in the flowering stage. I recommend natural supplements like blood meal to help avoid accidentally ruining the roots of the plants.

Cool. I have seeds myself. I'm just waiting for the real estate. My old roomate grew some serviceable mids in the small patch of woods in my neighborhood with just dirt and a bucket.

Go get one of pic related ($5 harbor freight) and one of the high efficiency light bulbs that are all twisty. Keep the light about 4-5 inches from plants(grow 5 seedlings so your guaranteed at least 1 female. Males grow balls when you begin flowering phase, pull them up), leave it on 24/7 for about a month. Then leave the light off for an entire day, buy a timer, set your light to 12hrs on 12 hrs off. Once you find out which plant is a female, learn to clone a clipping. Begin cloning as this plant finishes flowering. You wont get much buds off this plant harvest it and plant a clone , now all your clones are guaranteed to be female so just put a light on it 24/7 let it grow as big as you want, add more lighs surrounding the now big plant. Learn to pinch to increase yield. Remember, no light for a day makes the plant start to flower. Maracle grow will make your buds taste like shit.

If youre growing inside remember light follows the inverse square rule. A light 1 inch away is 4x better than the same light 4 inches away. Just get high efficiency bulbs and keep them close to the plant. They dont produce much heat so you dont have to worry about cooling off your closet or anything.

How do I get good feminized seeds? Spent a ton on a good grow, but I've only gotten 2 males from bag seed.

You should never leave your light on 24/7 unless it's an auto flower strain. OP will probably be growing with bagseed, which btw is not recommended because most bagseed comes from hermaphrodite plants that pollinate themselves as most growers kill their males. The hermaphrodite gene is easily passed down and pollinated cannabis is waaaaay less potent.

cont.

if you want maximum yield and you have successfully finished your first flowering cycle buy some more lights ( maybe a small mars led or more cfl) and buy a bottle of pk 13/14 if you can find it and arent paranoid about online shops .

its pretty much fertilizer on steroids and will in the long run fuck your plants sideways but they just have to survive long enough to harvest anyways .

start with 1/2 to 1/4 of the reccomended dose and increase slowly over the flowering weeks to 100-200% as soon as the plants show signs of fertilizer burn stop and flush with a bit of normal tap water you want to stay at the max concentration without damaging the roots too much.

a bottle costs about 10$ and can increase yields by 30 to 50% at least so it is worth it .

It's a god damn plant niggers. Put it in soil, water it, give it light. Shit isn't hard. Might lose a few % of potency over pedicured weed but you won't notice it when you have a pound of free shit.

Nigga, I fucking notice ok. Now where do u get seeds?

you will notice it unless you are used to brick and nigger weed

the difference between shitty outdoor shrub and a well grown hydro plant is like light and day in taste , potency and yield.

Mail order or talk to a hippie, its decrimed in most states its not that hard.

>on the balcony

Not going to happen.

For indoors you will need a ton of equipment, carbon filter for the smell, vents, lighting, an airtight tent/box etc. I mean, it's worth it in the end but you don't sound like you're very dedicated if you want to grow on your balcony.

If you start with a decent strain, put it in decent soil, and start it during the growing season I think you would be surprised how it turns out. Lot of the best shit comes from outdoor grows.

You do realize its a plant right? Plants were here before humans. Pretty sure they know what they are doing.

Pot is literally as hard to grow as tomatoes. Why do stoners think you can only grow it indoors with 2 grand worth of equipment.

i hated herms ruined a complete harvest seeds everywhere 20% of the usual yield .

that said however it was some of the most potent weed i ever produced . infact it was bordering on psychedelic . the plants were exiled and continued flowering for a good 3 months longer than normal as i at least wanted mature seeds out of that particular failure.

in the end i managed to selectively reduce the hermaphroditism to a point where the plants would only produce occasional pollen sacks inside the top cola ( like 5 to 10 seeds per plant) so it wasnt a bother anymore and i allways had seeds to give away and trade for new strains.

didnt want to let go of the strain because it was an excellent skunk #1 x ak98 hybrid wich grew ultra fast and took only 4 to 5 weeks to complete flowering.

Oh right they are too high to water a plant for 3 months.

>indoors
>balcony

Pick one!

Omg I'm so sick of this weed fad

It doesn't make you more cool doing weed. It makes you less smart than not shooting it.

depends on the country and climate . here in northern europe you can completely forget that idea all you will get is shrubs and dry leaf.

maybe in the sunny parts of murica and mexico but not here in the cold north.

because not every outdoor climate is suitable and the lack of monitoring often causes a ruined harvest as everything from nignogs , pests and disease as well as lack of water or animals eating your plants can ruin it even if the climate is just right.

nobody claimed you need to start with 2k equipment most indoor growers started with a pot a light and a bottle of fertilizer and upgraded from there . as you grow more professional and set higher goals the equipment piles up and 2k isnt really much if you go hydro you can go anywhere from 5 to 10k if you dont diy.

>'this weed fad'
wtf are you talking about? I'm almost 50 and weed has been prominent and popular for literally my entire life.

Watch the Mr. Green video. Best simple video got my setup running in a week in 2 4 foot square tents and had me harvesting 6 oz every 6 weeks. Keep it simple and use rock wool with a timer pump to drip on them every few hours. Much cleaner and simpler then dirt.

Order from Attitude and pay for the stealth shipping

Fair enough on the climate.

I just find it obnoxious how most people think you can't grow pot outdoors from about 50 latitude north and south.

Sure if you want to wring every % of potency out of your plant indoor with lighting tricks is the way to go. I'd be surprised if the yield is any higher than 15% or so over the same seeds in good soil outside though with the same care. It becomes very tricky to get a large enough planter for your plants not to get rootbound indoors. Hydro is another story.

If you want top shelf type buds you have to get good genetics and decent grow equipment. To many shit head growers trying to flower using CFL's.

Shitty bait.

It's nice to grow things. It's even nicer to be able to eat/smoke them. 'Cool' people don't give a fuck what's cool. They do what they want.

anyone used LED's as light source? good or bad idea?

from personal experience same setup same number of plants everything equal

indoor soil = 100% benchmark
indoor hydro = 130% and shorter growth / flower time
indoor hydro with pk13/14 = 150-200% yield

potency wise
soil : medium to good potency taste is exquisite and well rounded
hydro: stronger but less nuanced
hydro with minmaxed fertilizer: kicks like a donkey bordering on too strong and can taste quite harsh due to mineral residue often times has to be washed to remove built up salts from the bud.

in order to prevent root lock you need to send the plant into flowering as soon as the approximate volume of the plant above ground is the same as the pot roots usually take up 50-70% of the volume as the stems and leaves above ground.

when it comes to hydro roots can grow to absurd size i have had complete 180liter tanks filled with roots in less than a month some of them bigger than a finger .

You can use LED's with an HPS in flower for better results. LED's just dont have the lumen output a 600W or 1000W HPS would have. Growers have started using them in flower as well as HPS.

Weed plants smell strong as fuck so unless you're in some suburbian area with no real neighbors you can pretty much forget about growing weed on your balcony.

Whatcha need ta know?

I've grown just about every hydro medium from DWC to flood tables.. Although yields were good and better in hydro, I got much better overall results from a super soil medium. Dense buds.

I thought LEDS delivered the same lumens... only diff was purchase cost and then saving on electricity bill

it works . buddy of mine uses mars led bricks has had decent results with them.

the growth pattern and yield is not as high as with cfl or ndl of the same light ammount but obviously the lower power consumption and heat development is a major advantage.

i would combine a 200-300W led equivalent with a big ass 50W natural white cfl ( photography lamp) literally costs only 10 bucks and can be replaced every year .

the led alone doesnt cover the entire spectrum the big cfl covers the gaps and causes nice thick leaves . without the added cfl the leaves can be relatively thin .

This is why growing indoors is so much better. Yes it costs money for equipment but you can actually control odors indoors using a carbon scrubber with a fan attached to it.

LEDs run cooler and good ones produce the exact frequencies of light that you need. They also run much cooler than HPS and other ballast-driven lights.

Yields are outstanding as well.

Thats a good looking grow.. Well done user

They're okay. Great for first timers growing. Lower heat, lower electricity but but not the best. Definitely would recommend for 1-2 plants in a closet or something.

With LEDs only look at the true wattage, eg. 600w LED is only actually like 250~watts

thanks guys

so which LED to buy? I'm all about staying off the radar so I don't want suddenly big electricity bills

cant say the same results in soil were good but pests were a problem .

my biggest and densest buds as of yet were some ak 98 x bubblegum haze but the buds grew so large and hard that moisture built up in them and they started rotting so i had to harvest a full 2 weeks early. started pruning them to produce smaller buds in the second attempt .

Look for penetration of light

I have experience with Mars brand. Cheapest out there but definitely worth the money. They come with a warranty

Great advice. I'm unfamiliar with the acronyms though...

cont.

tried pretty much every method myself settled on top feed ebb&flow hybrid system because it was the most convenient with the least ammount of maintainance .

i could easily rearrange the plants or swap them in and out of the flower box on the fly and all i had to do was essentially topping up the reservoire every 1 or 2 weeks .

I never had issues with pests as I was very selective on who I got clones from, and I ran a sealed environment pumping in 1500 PPM of Co2 during lights on

no idea how to

expensive stuff on amazon. how fast can you recoup the investment?

He's off to a great start

>10-24
More like 12-18
>Expensive
96w t5 costs me $8 a month, less for flower

The thing I liked about super soil, is that it was a charged ( hot ) soil that I mixed myself and it was pretty much just watering during 12/12 no more mixing nutes! Plus I hated dealing with water temps in hydro. I live in the desert so high temps and the water getting too warm was my problem.I didnt want to shell out for a water chiller

I am way too lazy to read all of this. But If smell is a concern, you can expect an initial investment of ~$500 for 2 plants which you harvest every 3 months (buying everything without actually doing anything yourself). If smell does not matter, it drops significantly (no air filter, air pump becomes less important...). You can expect about $50 per month for power per lamp (depending on setup, this is worth about 2 plants per lamp)
Just put in the amount you can charge for one harvest and you should be able to figure out if it's worth it.

go for mars they are reliable and the guys work actively with growers to improve the product.

my aforementioned buddy got to test some of their models in return for a grow report .

An awful lot of nonsense is talked about growing weed and the lengths you have to go to. I have grown weed in Ireland, on the same, same latitude as Moscow outdoors and indoors. I have had much bigger yields from outdoor plants, equally as potent as indoor.
Growing a plant in a pot limits the size of the rootball and the size of the plant.
The key to almost all growing is in the soil. Takes a few years but you can make exceptionally fertile soil by digging in manure, home made compost and seaweed to any standard soil as almost every small scale vegetable grower knows.
Start the seeds around mid-march indoors and dont plant out until early-mid may. Plant them in a sunny, sheltered spot and make sure you have a trellis or other structure that can be used for support.
Feed early growth sparingly with a high nitrogen liquid feed, young nettle plants chopped up and soaked in a bucket of water for a month or so is all you need. After mid-summer, switch to a high potassium feed, this came be made by growing a plant called comfrey and using the same process as for the nettles or just use tomato food.
Outdoor plants will grow to 3-4 times the size of indoor plants if allowed to but will generally produce smaller buds.
I have grown huge crops of weed and my only expense has been the seeds.

source: qualified horticulturist with 25 years experience

go for mars they are reliable and the guys work actively with growers to improve the product.

my aforementioned buddy got to test some of their models in return for a grow report .

start with a 300w for single plant or a 600w +1 or 2 50w cfl for a 1m2 box

ask and ye shall be answered .

i assume you mean cfl? it stands for compact flourescent light and is generally known as "energy saving" lights they are basically the miniaturized version of the large flourescent light tubes you see in large office buildings or workshops.

yeah water temp was never an issue ( cold north) plus i had a 600w hps lamp that kept everything cozy .

i had bad experience with prefertilized soil early on as it tended to burn young plants and nutrient locked older plants during the most critical flower days hence i abandoned soil fairly early on .

>my only expense has been the seeds.

Seeds can be expensive but worth it.
Everybody should start with good genetics suited to their environment

Outdoor plants will always be bigger.. We use the term " bigger the root, bigger the fruit " no denying that. But unless you live in the fucking woods or aren't afraid of getting busted by the cops then indoor is a much safer way of growing.

Or if you have a garden with a hedge. People are too paranoid about these things.

>The key to almost all growing is in the
Try a soil less approach with hydro-culture. It usually increases yield for most plants. But it might require additional monitoring and effort.

Dude they stink in flower big time.. Some strains smell much stronger than others. a few outdoor OG plants will have the whole block stinking

back when i still grew with soil my main problem were fungus gnats and mold

those problems vanished when i switched to hydro .

later on i made a misstake of taking some clones from somebody i didnt know 3rd hand and introduced the dreaded spidermite menace to my box . lucky for me i found ways to combat them and pride myself in never losing a single plant or harvest to them.

also my environment was all but sealed . open window , tons of stoners walking in to lollygag etc ... college days ...

Indoors, yes. The smell has nowhere to go. Outdoors, if you are 5-10 feet anyway, you wont smell it.

I had gnats with both mediums soil and hydro..Gnats are just a nuisance pest they dont do serious damage.. I always controlled them with sticky yellow pads and osculating fans but they arent crop killers.

I think this might depend on personal circumstances. A friend had 4 plants in his back garden and you could easily smell it 3-4 houses away.

a buddy of mine once led us to an outdoor grow of 10 plants in a field .

we were on our way to the uni when he stopped , sniffed and said " smell that ? did any of you light up?" we were confused at first i blamed by clothing as i allways smelled of the shit due to growing and smoking .
him: "no its different than yours " 5 min of sniffing later 500m away in a field we found the plants not even in full flower stage

they can do serious damage if you dont control them i had some crippled plants as the larvae literally ate away the roots causing fungal infection to rot the rest of the roots.

Are you sure you didn't have root aphids?

Probably depends on the variety used. I'm old school, I grow Northern Lights and Durban Haze.
Not a problem for me anyhow. My nearest neighbour is about half a mile away :)

ViparSpectra makes a good product. I have the 600 "watt" edition. Got for 179 on amazon. Should be good for a 3x3 are in flower. Will be another month before I harvest, but I have confidence the bud will be pretty good.

>actually in balcony with afternoon sun

You need more light.

I wish I could still grow, I actually prefer growing to smoking. Two more years...

2 more years?

what kind of tent is that? looks like one of those zip up wardrobe things at ikea

yeah im pretty sure those were fungus gnats at least if google translate gave me the right translation

< biology fag so i know my stuff when it comes to those bastards.

family name "Sciaridae" couldnt be bothered to get the exact species as the bastards were less than a milimetere and i didnt have a decent microscope back then .

It's a Homebox Evolution R120.

indeed some plants smell much more than others.

grew NL just once took forever to finish and grew way too tall for a box but was superb.

Oh and I got busted for growing 20 plants and 900+g of weed. Got sentenced for 1 year in prison, but since I was a first time offender I basically got probation. I have monthly piss tests etc.

shiet... how'd they bust you?

Why do some of my pistils not turn color after harvest?
They're still white after drying. Around 90% of pistils were orange-ish at chop. Harvested at maybe 15% amber trichs, and the rest 50/50 milky and clear.

any idea what got you caught?

i enjoyed growing a lot but the damn paranoia was real especially as the whole setup kept growing and it was basically impossible for me to keep it 100% secret as i had 2 roommates and frequent visitors that knew the smell.

I much prefer growing LOUD strains that are filled with terpenes.

The kind of bud that smells through mason jars. I know it's a bit of a hassle, but I like my weed dank.

Smell. I got so used to it that I kind of let my guard down. My bad, but you learn from your mistakes.

Had a lot of stinky genetics in the early stage of flowering and some smaller plants vegging outside the tents.

i prefer them as well but soil is almost mandatory with them to get the best flavor and i was at the time growing semi stealth indoor to fund my college years so yield and least ammount of smell was more important than dankness.

I ain't no expert, actually, I couldn't even keep a fucking cactus alive, but I could sugest, if you want outdoor, wait for fucking spring.

smell as in wafting our the windows or clinging to your clothes?

I work in an office... better be careful I guess

cacti are more difficult than weed IMO.

i feel ya ... we once had an electrician at our flat as my endeavours killed the wiring inside the growroom and i had to dismantle the entire setup and hide the plants in a closet .

boy did they smell and boy did the guy give me funny looks while working ...
>internally dying of anxiety

smell as in filling the entire 8 story building and yard.

Half a mile? Dude, you can plant what ever the fuck you want. No one is gonna notice anything. So, congrats on your personal farm!

grow it like tomatos in the afternoon Sun with low THC
make it into pot brownies
carbox will increase effects.
youtube.com/watch?v=HO0sODDrlfM&t=4s

fuark

how are you going to cover that next time round?