>not even a single album qualified to be Sup Forums-core
you say that like it's a bad thing

>no Kino
did you look for 5 minutes?

i'm russian and i only ever heard the last one

this nigga right here is like essential russian music
>soviet-core
>essential winter album

cont, 2012 and 2017 are the good ones, don't care for the rest. I remember seeing those albums pop up on Sup Forums quite a lot back in 2011/2012.

misha-mishajashvili.bandcamp.com/

cont:

Кинo (Kino) is also fucking great. Гpyппa Кpoви is an all around standout album, 1st song was in GTA IV also

>youtube.com/watch?v=K69_m4gtZDk

As with China, the answer is obvious. Russia is a collectivist society and doesn't value individual expression in the form of art or music.

nice meme

youtube.com/watch?v=2ejJhr8UjMU banger

cont

Apия (Aria) is also fucking good. kinda like the russian version of iron maiden but less gay and corny. were the (instrumental) soundtrack to some obscure truck driving game back in the early 2000s.

>youtube.com/watch?v=gGus6zeWfsA
>youtube.com/watch?v=Sqyb_Z0vodg
>youtube.com/watch?v=NLr6cR2P7Tw

and the most popular one:
>youtube.com/watch?v=ndXkNsf2P40

Explain to me then why the frequently cited greatest albums of all time are from the UK and US, highly individualistic nations, and little to no notable albums at all have come from Russia and China.

because music journalism comes from UK and US

fucking mccarthyism

rateyourmusic.com/list/mirddin/100-tapes-of-soviet-rock/

anglo cultural imperialism

>Andrey Makarevitch spent majority of the 90s being a host of a cookshow. Now he can be easily caught dancing with Russian PM Vladimir Putin on Paul McCartney's gig and celebrating another decade of the project on the Red Square.
he has been in opposition to putin ever since his third presidential term and the whole ukrainian crisis

also, your greatest albums probably suck

Okay lol, check the top rated albums by Malaysia on RYM. Spoiler: It's not Malaysian music.

youtube.com/watch?v=tbY4IqjgEdQ&index=9&list=PLnqRImiljWC_eP4MUsx4rpguhPIwfMWxt

This track reminds me of happier times

>check malaysian radio stations on radio.garden and see what they play protip it's not m-pop
again see

youtube.com/watch?v=hdB0msrhLoc

>Пacoш, Бyepaк, FACE, Aнтoхa MC
You gotta be fucking kidding me nigger

>what went wrong
looking for good music in a country you don't live near and (probably) don't speak the language

underground music is everywhere, it's just what people do - for example there's apparently a fantastic DIY noise scene in Indonesia right now - but when you don't live there and can't read music journalism in the language of that country, it's gonna be really hard to find.

also, and

>Anglo with a hard on for USSR has shit taste in Russian musical culture as well
no surprises here

Wasn't music banned for a certain period of russian history?
I'm not sure if they really have any good traditional folk music but I'm open to surprises.

Russia is a fucking shithole, and good ''Russian music'' is doesn't exist

t. russian

crazy how uk and us reviewers rate uk and us albums highly

liberaha pls

Shitty job, faggot.

when i took russian in college, my professor would tell us how her friend's dad was some kind of party official and as such he had confiscated contraband items in his desk drawer. doesnt make much sense to me, but i guess anything goes in russia...
anyway, she and her friend used to sneak tapes out the drawer and listen to the forbidden music of
>Vladimir Vysotskiy
She called him Russian Bob Dylan, but since then i've heard younger russians describe him more as the Russian Elvis (i.e. not cool and only old people like him).
I still think he's great.. has a unique way of singing. maybe a little tom-waits-ish. never heard someone hold the consonants (as opposed to vowels) the way he does
here's my favorite of his songs on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=p5ZpiIxHVi8
album "tatuirovka" is also good imho but i dont know where to go from there
if you go digging you will find some muchhh cornier sounding recordings. It's my understanding that he broke out of the underground, somehow became accepted by the establishment, and his art suffered from it

youtube.com/watch?v=8mGBaXPlri8

I enjoy the old cabaret/romance stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=QAg_9PsUD7Q

Russia has one of the richest classical music traditions in the world, though I'm not surprised that someone looking for the "greatest albums" wouldn't be aware of that.

бyepaк is pretty good post-punk revival type stuff, it's better if you can understand the lyrics though since they're kinda ironic
apart from that, i completely agree, there are probably some cool obscure artists here and there but in general Russian music is fucking terrible and is just a sign of the insane cultural decline the shithole has been through thanks to the current government
t.Russian