Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

I just wanted to ask for y'all's opinion on something, I'm trying to find a good space sim game for the ps4 (just a console fag until I can restore back to PC master race).

Until Star Citizen is released, I'm thinking Elite Dangerous or No Mans Sky.

So what does Sup Forums think? Share your thoughts or opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dUXfE2NMVl4
youtube.com/watch?v=zUAcyXEaZFY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

play Star Trek Online

own both. elite dangerous is superior in every way. huge learning curve though so get ready for that

No mans sky is good for the exploration part. The universe is huge and there are som many planets to check out. The downside is that even though every planet i uniquely generated, many look similar. I didn't put in alot of time in to the game. But it's nice to check in now and again just to explore planets and chill out.

I played No Mans Sky, so I recommend you play Elite Dangerous. There is no fucking way that it´s worse than the pile of steaming shit that´s called No Mans Sky.

I don't mind learning, I actually enjoy games that get deep into that.

Is the combat intense? I know most of the game is exploring the vastness of space, but it seems like it would have some intense action.

>until star citizen is released
Nice joke bro

You'll be waiting a loooong time for Star Citizen. Elite Dangerous is the more realistic of the two, but I fucking hated it.

This, and get lost in the ridiculous grind...for just 1 item

Just posting some tits to spice it up a bit.

No Man's Sky isn't so bad now they've updated it. Didn't even get to the combat on ED. It look over an hour to learn how to land successfully..

No Man's Sky has gotten a lot better since the updates. It's got some fun exploration, but as was pointed out above there's not a lot of depth.

I didn't personally like Elite Dangerous, but that completely came down to not liking the interface and the steep learning curve that is 100% not fun. If you get past that part, it might be a good game.

the combat is excellent. the AI is ruthless.
playing with a group of 3 other friends is definitely the way to go.

yeah that part is a bitch. best way to learn landing is to do it over and over and over again.

So ED actualy sounds awesome. I won´t give NMS a second chance. fuck that shit.

No mans sky isnt as bad as it was when it came out.

Are the thargoids and active threat in the game, or are they a looming doom until a future event?

Neither one really has a story they're both just sci-fi sims.
Elite seems more realistic with moments that fit good atmospheric ambiance.
NMS is a better looking and boring version of Minecraft.

And over and over and over and over.. I ended up upside down once, then I got stuck in another system. I'd still take 100 hours of that over NMS though.

Space engineers

I'll be honest I haven't played it in a couple months so I don't know what the current situation is on the game. all my friends that I played with stopped playing so I play rocket league and fortnite now

elite gets boring quite fast.

Astroneer. It’s got it all.

the fucked up thing is you could literally be the best pilot in the game but if the AI fucks up while piloting one of the bigger ships and you are in the vicinity there's a chance it will hit you. and you'll fuck up and hit the station. which will then shoot your ass down. the game is so unforgiving man

That's why they warn you to look out for other ships when docking. Jeez you're probably one of those assholes who goes into the station at speeds not recommended and then bitch about getting a ticket.

I believe that's only for pc and xbox.
Amazing game with friends though

Elite dangerous is just huge with so much to do. Combat is ruthless, trading may sound boring but a good circuit will keep you busy, exploring is fun if you like getting lost and risk being stranded in deep space (learn to fuel scoop and which stars you can stop from, or it'll be a shout out to the fuel rats).

It's a grind to start with to get a good ship for what you want to do, but we'll worth it.

>no mans sky

Well, I suggest you drop any interest in Scam Citizen. Fuckers are literally charging hundreds of REAL dollars for virtual ships, then hundreds more for virtual insurance for those ships. And without that insurance, if you lose you ship, it's gone forever. And also they have a section in their EULA that pretty much says "Hey we can ban you at any time for any reason and there is nothing you can do about it.". And peole have already been unrightfully banned for literally no reason.

It seems like both games would get tedious after awhile, but I don't mind that.

The biggest thing for me is to get immersed in the idea of exploring the vastness of space.

NMS does seem like a great idea, I mean an infinite number of planets to explore.

But ED seems more realistic and immersive, I enjoy the sounds of the ships and the fact the window of your ship can get blown out.

I'll eventually play both, just can't get both at the moment.

>Elite Dangerous

I actually got a PC just to play Elite Dangerous on. I bought a joystick. And... it's boring, you're driving a truck in space. No one to talk to. No mischief to speak of. It's boring.

And there's the issue of Windows 10 not supporting Surround Sound, there's been a support thread on it for a year or so now. Windows will not support surround sound, so a large part of the game is dead, it's two channel only. Pisses me off.

Great concept, cool graphics, the servers are up half the time or better... but it's just fucking boring, tbh.

Star Citizen is released.
I know what you mean but remember that, as an open development game, it will be constantly updated and is very much playable. Think Subnautica in this regard, still not released yet but I've poured hours into that game.

No Man's Sky isn't a space sim in the traditional sense, treat it more as a 2001-A Space Odyssey style game that is artsy, philosophical in an image-based way but is not 'realistic'.

>the fuel rats).

Fuel Rats fucking rock. Saved me big time once.

obviously you haven't played it enough. anacondas will accidentally ram you without warning. try dodging that shit with a fully laden cargo hauler

Wtf is this this thread? this suggestion?

how out of touch are you people?

Is this just a giant advertisement for things nobody wants?

>very much playable
>still doesnt have half the shit promised
>still shit gameplay
>still shit mechanics
>still shit grind

>Until start citizen is released
Well you're gonna have to wait a while until that ever fucking happens

Wow, thanks for the heads up Sup Forumsro.

That's fucked up, greedy bastards.

stop trying to justify your buyers remorse

Nobody came for me when it happened to me....

>self destruct imminent....

it took me 30 minutes to dock first time becasue i skipped the tutorial. dont skip the tutorial.

Is that the map from Unreal Tournament?

Elite dangrous for sure. Controls feel propper sim like you can do CQC matches if that's what ur into but iv never done that. You can explore our own galaxy in a 1:1 scale. Within that you can explore, bounty hunt, mine, passanger delivery, moving cargo around stations, acutally meet real people, coop with friends in a wing uo to four player, shit loads of official training videos on yt, assassination missions, customize your ship, buy ships, buy compleatly new parts for your ship, there are space mysterys to solve, so much more you can do!

>censoring your customers

Buy a docking computer. Issue solved mate

latest torrentable version is available on kickass.

You don't need to buy this game. It's single player and it's not as bad as you're making it out to be with the latest patch.

Bad pilot is bad

Star Citizen takes fucking hours to go from one planet to another. Elite takes a couple minutes. Star Citizen is going to be a waiting simulator.

yeah such a dank ctf map

i told my one friend that i bought a docking computer after and he laughed at me from his giant space freighter. feels bad.

Yes
It is ctf-face

I dont use docking computers. I dint even know they existed untill late in the game. Id already learnt how to land. Plus its far quicker to land without a docking computer.

I loved playing this map when I was a kid

That right there is a big plus for me on ED.

Floating in space, hoping that someone will get to me soon, the risk of just dying in the void.

Really the only thing thats missing for me in ED is going into black holes, that would be awesome.

my problem with it was i didnt know i was supposed to face my nose toward the top of the docking computer, only if i didnt skip the tutorial high as giraffe pussy

You can go in blackholes.....

youtube.com/watch?v=dUXfE2NMVl4

>until Star Citizen is released

The fuel rats have a site where you post your location if you get stranded, someone will come help eventually.
Check out a pulsar star, fly into the waves for a heart stopping moment

Oh shit, thanks for informing an ignorant Sup Forumstard.

Looks nice and trippy, but is it an actual thing in the game or a glitch?

No it's in the game.

I'm talking about SC in that paragraph you dolt.

youtube.com/watch?v=zUAcyXEaZFY

For a different look.

A: It's more realistic.
B: It prevents economy exploits.
C: You can get up and move around your ship whilst jumping.

>ED is going to implement walking around
>ED is realistic
>ED has worked on the economy exploits and they are no longer viable.

Tell me, what is a nebula? And then tell me what that would look like in-game.
Upgrades do not take up inventory, there is a separate area for them.
If only 10% of planets had life you'd be moaning about how boring all the planets are.

It's the thing that's cool to hate, you're saying nothing new.

Please dont defend a shit game you dumb fuck.NMS is dead. It DOA. The only use it has now is being played by under 8 year olds to give them their first steps into space games befor they play ED or SS

you have to make your own fun.
>work

winging with other players for CGs is fun. not sure how viable that is on PS4.

docking computer is a huge help, and its not expensive, but you have to know how to dock, since the modules get damaged in combat and so does the docking computer occasionally

look at it from my viewpoint -- i work with all day, and when i get home i want peace and quiet and space opera ship-to-ship battle

>driving a truck

yes, probably, so I usually shitpost on here, and listen to the sports radio while my wife brings me some early supper

fucking comfy, man

Kek