How long do grenades stay potent...

How long do grenades stay potent? My dad has a bunch from his tour in the gulf war in his office and I want to sell a bunch but I'm assuming after a few years they become duds. Also a lot of guns and ammo but he will notice those missing.

Is there maybe a safe way I can test it. He has a bunch but he won't notice them missing for a long time and I'll be gone in college by then.

Probably duds.

>how do you safely test an explosive device to make sure it explodes
Have you tried meaning it explode?

Take one grenade, throw faaaar away. Have some hole where you are safe of grenade splitters. Srsly you really need protection or you may die.

moron I want to test it without wasting it grenades are expensive. but if i have to set one off i need to do it at home is there a safe way where i don't destroy my house or life

You deserve some serious jail time. That and blowing your ride.

Not unless you can chemically test the explosive.

Also have fun with the felonies you and your family get charged with when the other high school kids you sell them to rat you out when they get cought. Not to mention what your dad is gonna do to you.

The grenade is inside metal. If you want to drill into the grenade to get some chemicals from the inside then there are sure ways kek

Do this.

And nothing of value was lost

thanks faggot i care so much about that shit. like i'm going to leave a trail. i didn't ask you for legal advice just how to make sure the grenades aren't duds. fucking moron

Flush it down the shitter

I wouldn't do it
Sounds like fast cash but the risk of detonation is always there no matter what
And like previously said you'd have to detonate one
Which attracts attention and could kill you

will drilling into it set it off? i don't think so and how would i test what's inside

just if it's flammable i guess?

Lol this depends where you drill and which explosive they used. Do you have Not even Basic knowledge how explosive works? Stop playing with explosives. It will cost you in best scenario a few fingers, in worst you kill your whole family or neighbourhood

It is pretty easy to find out. Remember what sparks are comming from some plates in the microwave? It emits a spark from gold. Now handgranades from befor 1996 held a small amount of gold for a trigger backup. Because of the soft matter of this metal, it will go dull within time. The only way to test if you got a working granade is to microwave one by 1200 watt for half a minute. So when you see a spark, it is still working. Sell the other granades, because the one you tested will stop working after the test.

where are you also post pics with timestamp or OP is a faggot

Sage

Dude u can get grenades on amazon, don't be that dick that steals your dad's stuff.

This OP do this itll give you the best results. Also i dont condone what youre doing, this is completely theoretical and if you follow through with it thats on you.

flush one and see what happens

Can anyone else confirm this test?

You are right, grenades do have expiration dates, but they usually stay functional for a VERY long time. There is ways to test if the grenade has not lost its chemical qualities. The best would be taking the grenade apart professionally and testing a minimum amount of gunpowder in it. The other, probably the most viable for you would be to use a blowtorch in order to heat up the base of the grenade slowly until you're able to hear a faint hissing noise within the grenade. Don't worry, the hissing noise does NOT indicate that the grenade has been set off, but rather that the chemicals inside of it still have a certain amount of reactivity within them. This method is not 100% accurate, or as accurate as the first method, but it has a 75% rate of success.

OP make sure to record yourself doing it if you decide to drill into one, blowing yourself up would make a good video.

This is a test to check how stupid you are. Wouldn't be the first Sup Forums related suicide.

> Inb4 whiteknighting
Yes sure, but i think blowing him up is exaggerating a bit the Sup Forums humour.

Armyfag here, he's right

Nothing will happen if he drills really slowly.

this sounds safer than microwave. is the grenade still good after i test it this way? i don't want to sell them all so if i can just sell the one i test and one or two more that will be best

Im an expert and I confirm

This method is very outdated. Chance of it working is usually under 50%. But it is a valid method.

Run it over with a car. If it doesn't explode pull the pin and throw it down the toilet.

Its not humor, it would be a favor to the world for this guy to blow himself up. Id say you're actually black-knighting. He wants to sell black market grenades from his dad probably to buy some drugs or spend it on some hoes. Or maybe hes short on rent, kek

Unless he is drilling into the initial explosive which has a very low energy threshold

I know how to make radioactive grenades.

Yes. That's the textbook protocol for assessing whether a grenade is still explosive. You microwave it.

So we agree that it could work?

wt is that

The grenade should be perfectly fine after testing it this way. You can always wait a couple of minutes to let it cool down and repeat the process. The second attempt being successful should indicate that the grenade is live, as it confirms the first attempt did not damage the powder.

Vaccines fucked up natural selection. We're balancing the scales, bitch.

if it's a more modern grenade will it still spark in the microwave? i don't think it's a really old grenade. the guy said before 1966 they will spark

OP tell us if you will test them so we can lookup the news. Best you leave some tabs at PC open with ISIS related sites

if ur suggesting im going to give them to someone who is going to make the news ur wrong. selling them out of town to some paranoid guys who have a bunker and arms. that's why i want to test i don't want them pissed at me if its duds

You are to stupid to handle with explosives. If you do i give a life time of another week maximum

1996 to be real. Now they use another mechanism in the US and some other western countrys. Cheaper and sturdy because of copper.

Where do you live? I need to know what news station to look up.

The most effective way is to pull the pin and put it up to your ear
Listen closely, if you hear a clicking sound after 30 seconds throw it
No click means its a dud sorry

so microwaving on a newer one won't help me test it then?

Lol, how will they tell you theyre duds when theyre shot dead by whomever they wanted to throw those nades at?

Best way to test them is taking the little iron thing out, lay them on the table and listen if it makes a noise. Wait a few seconds and you know it.

Yes. You would need a blender to find out.

>confirmed granada en el bana
its the only way to be sure

>gun powder

No. Try composition B.

Comp B doesn't "go bad". They'll last three of your lifetimes, especially if you're caught with them, but we all know you're lying.

so no need to test then stupid moron

Fuck it ill bite the bait,
Explosives or Ordnance no matter how old could still be deadly as fuck, even after a VERY long time. digging up land mines, dredging harbors and finding old torpedos, or mines, etc...
these ordnance can still explode after many decades, remember the explosive components are protected inside and will not deteriorate for a long time. they were made to BLOW SHIT UP, so obviously they have to have some resilience...
they parts exposed to the environment like the pull pins or exploder arms could erode and cause it to explode prematurely or inadvertently.

but w/e I'm just a dude on the internet

If I was you I would ask your father(probably your gay butt buddy) and ask if they are duds or have had the explosives removed or igniting charge removed/drilled.

im trying to sell them i got guys who will give me 500 a pop i can sell them 4 and get gaming pc for college

Nice priorities.
[Spoiler]
You are such a tard no college will take you.[/spoiler]

Then go ahead man, just remember the guys you sell them to will literally sell you out to reduce jail time without skipping a beat.

GL/HF user.

suck my dick fgt. got in two of my top three idiot. studying business and humanities so i don't have to ever spend my life on these shitty boards again

blow the guy with one grenade and now u got 2k and 3 grenades left

You are to smart for college anyway. Sell explosives to some crazy armed bunker guys. Sounds a lot like terrorists. You will get judged like this for your actions. Have fun.

Wow, you picked the most meme degrees you could. I am hardly surprised they took you in, they take any bottom feeders they can just to fail them. You, in your infinite wisdom, have decided to not only steal, but sell legitimately dangerous goods to likely legitimately dangerous individuals. Your stupidity knows no bounds, and paired with your unscrupulous ethics and a warped sense of priorities you will be in prison in no time.

hoops i have to jump through to get a nice gaming pc:

1. sell to some sketchy guys i'll never see again

2. get judged by Sup Forums. oh noes!

not a steep price to pay imo. just waiting for someone not worthles to confirm if the microwave can test a more modern grenade.

Im glad you can be so naive as to think the police wont get involved after they van all your buyers. Do you seriously think people wont throw you under the bus when they can?

How about you get a job?

guys i sell to not going know who i am

post a pic of the grenade and timestamp op

But your dad knows who you are, and im sure he knows youre retarded enough to try and steal his shit.

IF THEY DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE THEN WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER IF THEY'RE DUDS YOU FUCKING IDIOT

cuz they can prolly find me dumass

So can the police then you tard

They made some quality grenades a that time. They are probably all live.

I remember.
That was some tragically comical shit.

i'll send .01 btc to someone who can give me a reliable method for fucking testing this shit

sick of the morons

Pull the pin

go to hell

Im not the one dying over here because i cant get my gaming pc from selling dangerous goods. Ask one of your dads if theyre duds you tosser, they should know

All explosive ordnance, if kept dry and out of the sun, has a shelf life of +/- 50 years. So if they are from 1996, and have been kept in decent storage, they are good.

And the only way to test explosives is to make them exploderen, you retarded piece of shit.

nice so i can just sell them then. that's all you faggots had to say from the start.

you're the faggot
faggot

Call the police and tell them theres an Amber Alert that needs to be issued, because OP is on the loose and hes a retard.

this OP

paint it yellow and tell people it's a pineapple. it'll be tiite

A smoke grenade with irradiated particulates for having isotopes inside

would that make it more valuable

I have isotopes in the smoke grenade, irradiating the contents.

hey can u read fuckface it's not an old grenade so it doesn't have the gold in it otherwise i would have done it and dbeen done with this shitty fucking site

No. The smoke and ash that come out will be irradiated and therefore more deadly to breathe in.

That's cool. I'll enjoy my coffee so much more as I watch you get carted off on the news for domestic terrorism. Not gonna leave a trail huh? This post is where the breadcrumb start fuckwit.

quads p:

Pull one out, throw in body of water. Wait.

this but paint it yellow first.

Interested buyer here will pay top dollar. What State are you located in?

Will someone please tell OP microwave test works on newer grenades or something

OP, go to a river/lake, throw in lake
ifExplosion = Yes
>(You) getTheFuckOut.py at topSpeed

ifExplosion = No
>(You) walkTheFuckAway.py

Let me guess, you're behind seven proxies.

Have fun in prison.

FBI