youtu.be/HvL88y1JTQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was too advanced

DON'T

Brian mentally fell apart.

This is very well-documented you human buttplug

Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane

THE FORMULA

What do you think The Beach Boys thought when listening to the songs once getting back from touring? I know Mike "Don't Make Classic Hits I Want More Surf Rock" Love didn't like them but he at least sang and rehearsed them. How do you think they felt for Brian to have written a whole album while they were away touring for the second time? Do you think they were blown away when they heard Surfs Up?

>listens to strawberry fields forever once

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because big Bri lost it for good.

This band isn't actually chill at all.

Brian's autism collapsed in itself

Sad, because Cabin Essence is a better and more creative song than Strawberry fields. But that was the least of his problems.

tell me why though

Speaking of Cabin Essence why did Mike Love have an issue with that one "Crow over the cornfields" line anyway? Was it just too out there?

Dennis was extremely supportive of Smile. Carl Wilson was a little apprehensive, Al Jardine a litlte more so. I don't think Bruce Johnston has opinions at all about anything

>Over and over the crow cries uncover the cornfields
>Over and over the thresher and hovers the wheat fields
For some reason (DUDE) they decided to mix the two lines up, and Mike decided that was too trippy for Middle America.

>Brian stays at home for months with a piano sand pit
>Writes SMiLE

>Mike Love goes to India to see Maharishi with the Beatles
>Writes Kokomo

DUDE LSD LOTS OF LAUGHS

I've read that it all fell apart when Brian couldn't quite tie all of the recorded bits together. My personal theory is that this was largely the result of smoking too much dope.

Man imagine if Bri Bri had audacity back in the day. :(

posting the downfall of brian

What if Beach Boys were in the modern times?

>Mike and Brian get into feuds
>both upload diss tracks to Soundcloud
>Brian's has great lyricism and beats
>Mike's talks about how Brian can't surf

His eyes are sad

He honestly doesn't look that bad as a whole, worst is probably the 70's ones.

Are any albums post-Pet Sounds actually good and worth listening to? No memeing I am legitimently curious.

What did he mean by this?

Not memeing, but how many of you guys will be inconsolable wrecks when Brian passes away?

Not me. He's pretty much a braindead zombie right now, Brian died decades ago.

>Loses both younger brothers
>becomes figuratively brain dead from drugs and mental illnesses
>abused for years by a man claiming to be helping him
>abandons his magnum opus only to finish it 40 years later with less quality than the bootlegs
>lives long enough to see his cousin ruin the reputation of your band
>will die sometime in the next 10-20 years
>will never have gotten help for his illnesses and tapped into his true potential
>allowed Sloop John B to be on Pet Sounds

How come every male today is trying to look like Pet Sounds Brian?

Some of these points have been crossing my mind almost daily for a few years now.

I have never seen people looking like that in a large quantity recently are you sure?

i wouldn't say i'm gonna be a "wreck" but it'll be an incredibly sad day.

gonna be super fucking annoyed at normies posting surfer girl on facebook and saying they love the beach boys though i'll say that

yeah it's pretty horrible.

also idk if the sloop john b thing is so bad. it doesn't fit super well but it's not an abomination (like some of the songs they included on Surf's Up)

>Brian dies
>Listens to "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times"

If only the entirety of Surf's Up matched the quality and atmosphere of the title track, what a legendary album that would have been.

That sounds to or advanced of an album, what would they call it? Smile?

>not listening to "Til I Die"

come on

100% agree. those last three songs (and maybe feel flows but not really) are just amazing

Smile is childish nonsense, it's only as overrated as it is due to the circumstances behind it's (non)release.

brian fell apart, drugs, mike love, pressure, competition with the beatles, yeah

It's nonsense because it wasn't complete and when it was it was in the hands of a mentally brain dead husk of a man.

With that said, Heroes and Villains, Do You Like Worms, Child is the Father of Man, Surf's Up, and Cabin Essence are all fantastic.

stop it
):

Wonderful, Vegetables, Wind Chimes, and literally all the rest of the fucking tracks are perfect. I have no clue how anyone could consider them nonsense.

They're childish in the way that Brian has always had a sort of naive and idealistic view of things. They're perfect tracks

>Wonderful

I love the "Never known as a Non-Believer" parts, the melody and flow is great, but I can't stand the Won Won Won Wonderful part. Just sounds odd to me. Whole thing together is amazing though.

>abandons his magnum opus only to finish it 40 years later with less quality than the bootlegs
you mean sound quality? I thought it was my shitty rip

>brian dies
>"wow guess now he really is a dumb angel :'^("

I didn't think Sloop John B fit well until I realized that it was the beginning of Side B. Let's Go Away For A While is a great ending song and Sloop John B is a nice, happy beginning song.

Surf's Up, I think is pretty good, listen to it yourself.

I just kinda meant that he is old as shit with years of drug abuse and is rotting away, so his voice isn't what it was and the finished songs could have been better, the whole Brian Wilson Presents album wasn't terrible, but I still prefer the Sessions.

how many times do you guys think brian had a nervous breakdown over not being able to make a song exactly the way he pictured it in his head.

I will cry , yeah, I think I will be a fucking mess, I know he isn't in good shape and is totally fucked up but still, that man has given us so much.

Till I die or In my room, those are my picks for when Brian passes away.

>No more freshened air around his head
>No more tumbling out of bed
>Eggs and grits aren't lickity-split
>Brian can't jump
>No longer in the great shape of agriculture

Don't forget Holidays, Mrs. o'Leary's Cow, and especially Love to Say Dada

I never understood the hate for sloop John b.

>Doesn't sound like it fits on Pet Sounds
>Is a Cover
>Was added onto the album because Capitol needed a hit single and had no faith in the project's already-existing songs

so the production is ok? because my .flac copy sounds like shit.

Yeah man, has a huge orchestral feel to it, you can find the thing on youtube you know.

i thought Al Jardine liked it and wanted Brian to make an arrangement for them to sing it

Underrated Post

I mean I did hear something about that too, but I was watching a documentary the other day and one of the guys from the band said Capitol added it in to get a single, so I am not sure?

>Doesn't sound like it fits on Pet Sounds
But it does, it fits perfectly and yes it's a cover, but Al liked the original song and asked Brain if he could do the arrangements to it and Brian agreed. The record label didn't force them to add it, hell they had trouble trying to pick which song was gonna be the singles.

Which documentary?

kek i forget, it was one of the docs on YouTube, I think it was one about Brian from 1962-1969

Why should i give a shit about anything other than pet sounds

This was the follow-up to it and was supposed to be in the same vein or even greater, but was scrapped, the songs available are pretty great and the history is rather interesting. This and PS are the only good albums.

>This and PS are the only good albums
You have to go back

What else is good? Pre-Pet Sounds is all surf rock with some gems but whole albums that are great are far and few between and Post-SMiLE is all flops and trend snatchers.

Smiley smile, Surfs up, Sunflower and 20/20. How much of a normalfag are you?

>No Friends

>including the weak and frail Franken-SMiLE flop

>Judging music based on sales
Reddit

Are you talking about Smiley smile? Have you even heard the album or are you just knocking it because people don't dick ride it like pet sounds and smile?

I have never heard anything from Sunflower or 20/20/ mostly because of how bland and uncreative the album art looks, i dunno, I am an album art kinda guy. Smiley Smile and Surf's Up are amazing though, don't get enough recognition, would have to add Friends to the list too though.

*fucks your formula*

lol

>They're childish in the way that Brian has always had a sort of naive and idealistic view of things. They're perfect tracks

The whole album is basically America incarnate

strawberry fields
>opens with a generic descending line that the beatles have beat like a dead horse
>wacky post modern vocal modulations and cryptic lyricism
>reversed tracks
>parallel minor modal interchange "omg this song is sooo wacky and complicated bro, next level shit"
Puts on heroes and villains
>contrapuntal beauty present right from the start
>dynamic control and vocal timbre perfectly organized
>beautiful structure and hints of melodic reprise
>lyrics don't matter but if they did they depict an American story and fine elements of imagery and emotion
>harmonic jazz changes and nods to 30s style big band composition

kek this man, Heroes and Villains shits all over Strawberry Fields, I love the "Dance, Marguerita" part, nice little saloon jingle.

this but unironically

Holland is my personal fav.

Sunflower is for people who are too cool for pet sounds but still great.

Pretty much anything up to Love You is servicable.

miu has tomboy on it tho

add wild honey to the list, i know it's tangential but the avalanches said it (and sunflower) inspired them on wildflower ("wild" honey + sun"flower") which is what got me to listen to them

I haven't listened to the whole album, but Darlin' off of Wild Honey is a great jam.

Friends is pretty damn great completely different vibe just relaxing

That's really interesting, after Pet Sounds, the Beach Boys continued releasing albums for years that just went into obscurity, they truly are the underrated band when it comes to the giants like beatles, stones, ect.

Dare I listen to the whole album then?

hell yeah. or listen to adult/child if you cant face the facts

Dennis wilson really shines on a lot of the post pet sounds albums.

Didn't he die by drowning? That is an incredibly horrible way to go, he truly was a beach boy, live by the sea, die by the sea in that Cool, Cool Water

He sure. Looking for items he tossed overboard like a year prior. He was all fucked up around that time. He probably thought no one would care if he didnt come back up.

His solo album is really good by the way. Thoughts of you fucks me up every time i listen to it.

Here's carl decicating his song Heaven to his late brother. At 6:30

youtu.be/HvL88y1JTQo

>Most based and handsomest member dies first
>It could have been prevented