Listening Setups? Currently rocking a pair of Sennheiser HD 598s

Listening Setups? Currently rocking a pair of Sennheiser HD 598s

I have the meme closed version, 598cs
I'm also considering to buy a fiio e10 as an alternative sound card for my laptop, but I don't know if my headphones are good enough to make me appreciate it.

I use low-mid range computer speakers but I was thinking of getting those headphones.
It seemed like the consensus was that speakers were always better than headphones?
Do you like them? Are they worth the price?

I really really like them, I use them for gaming on my desktop as well so headphones are important to me, great for the price

I was looking into buying a schitt amp because they are sleek as a motherfucker but expensive

Do you commute at all?
Do they block out much noise?

schitt is shit

>Do they block out much noise?
They are open, so they don't isolate whatsoever and leak everything

I have a pair of these and LCD-2's with an O2/ODAC. Portable I use DUNU Titan 2. I love all 3 of these. Audeze for music, Sennheiser for wearing longer playing video games or something. They are the most comfortable headphones ever.

I hate that these have a meme status. They must be the most comfy headphones of all time, I can listen for hours with no discomfort.

Why do you care that other people might have the same headphones as you or talk about them negatively on the internet because people like them? What is this logic? 598's are the shit.

I have that exact pair. They're pretty good.

>They must be the most comfy headphones of all time
Sony MDR-MA900.

>$650 cad

I got a pair of Kii Threes. They are, in a word, truth.

Active cardioid bass technology is the future of loudspeakers

Well yeah, they're discontinued and headphones are usually expensive as shit in Canada. If you look hard sometimes you can still find them for ~$200 USD.

I'll probably just get a pair of HD650s when I upgrade instead.

Please explain.

Whatever projects sound. I hear like I'm underwater so whatever works.

Currently rock the HD600s. copped them brand new a year ago for a little under 150. They're so good. It's like having the audio information literally data-streamed to your brain its so clear.

Literally the best tonality of any full-sized headphones at any price. You did good m8.

Got a HD800 hooked up to a Marantz HD-DAC1.

ATH m50's

these and a mayflower objective 2 dac/amp

Running these through an Objective2+ODAC.
For closed I've got a pair of Oppo PM3 and for commuting I've got Bose Quietcomfort 35. Pretty ideal setup desu, at least for me.

Good
Great
Best

>swore id never use skullcandy
>good headphones broke after i moved out of my parents
>resort to skullcandys because i dont have as much money these days
I havent used decent headphones in what feels like forever. Wish i had the motivation to get a better set.

What's it like having no bass?

If it makes you feel better I like to use Apple earphones as back up for when I don't have my portable cans or if its too hot to use them.

Granted it's not bass heavy but the bass is pretty damn clean. For what I listen to it produces some really good stuff plus I prefer better bass rendition than having a strong presence.

What do you think of the 800 S though? Have you tried them?

I did try them out a little bit but I don't own one so I cant speak with much experience. That being said, in general, the HD800s is really just a HD800 with more bass and some warmth. I believe you do lose a tad bit of the high/mids but do get better tonality and low ends.

The HD800 is the kind of neutral headphones that will spit out whatever is in the song whether you like it or not while the HD800s is the same but a tad less.

More Bass, more warmth, a bit less neutral.

speakers are better

Audio Technica ATH M40x

Just general question, how much money you need to put on speakers to get same kind of listening experience like on HD600? And what are those benefits on speakers? More spacier and more bass heavy sound? I never had real speakers so just asking for curiosity.

The soundscape is literally real, in the acoustics of the room

These bad boys and a fiio e07k. I hope these headphones last many many more years, the best ones I've ever owned.

Audio-Technica ATH-m50x

Cam in here to post this, finally swapped out my meme gaming headset for this one. Feels good.

Just some simple KEFQ100s. I've got a Technics LP120 hooked up to them through some Sherwood receiver.

Whoops, Audio-technica not technics.

I listen on a pair of neumann kh420 mostly

K553 AKG pros. They're awesome. I've been listening to a lot of protomen recently and it just sounds so damn good coming out of this bad boy.

the KEF coaxials are such a neat looking design, how do you like them?

U jelly?

kinda, I don't have a good portable setup at the moment, just the typical shure 215 off a phone