How would you change football if you could?

1. 48 team CL to let more clubs from smaller nations compete and so more games are knock-out games instead of boring group ones.
2. A fairer distribution of TV money in the Italian, German, Spanish leagues.
3. Championship clubs to break away from the Football League so they can get more money and have a league which is more interesting compared to the PL. This would also help the FA Cup as teams wouldn't be as interested in promotion/relegation.
4. Get rid of the League Cup so there are more rest days for clubs and we can schedule the FA Cup on it own weekend.
5. Sell all the FA Cup rights to BT/Sky so the clubs in the smaller leagues have more money.
6. Get rid of all Super Cup type trophies.
7. Close the transfer window a week before the season starts so we don't have to speak about transfers in that period. Get rid of the winter window too. It's also fairer if the clubs have the same squads throughout the season.
8. Have Player of the Year awards at the end of the season.
9. Put Celtic and Rangers in the English football pyramid when the leagues are restructured from 24 teams to 20 teams a division.

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37998768
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eliminate champions and just make the club world cup matter

Make Europa League knockouts all the way through
Bring back the Cup Winners Cup

Bad ideas.

We are headed to a Club world cup champions league but not for a couple decades until the sport is developed in big markets outside of Europe. USA and China leagues reaching Conmebol/Uefa levels would probably hasten the process

I think we're heading for an expanded World Club Cup played at the end of the seasons of odd years. Probably a 16 team tournament with champions of the continental competitions in the last two seasons competing.

Too much travelling.

>9. Put Celtic and Rangers in the English football pyramid when the leagues are restructured from 24 teams to 20 teams a division.
Fuck off retard

>Bring back the Cup Winners Cup
Wouldn't be much good, a lot of the top teams would go into the CL.

Why though?

kill yourself

I guess you're a Bayern fan not wanting to stop the Bayern obliterates its league train.

Celtic would be top 4-6, la.

How would your shitty new rules change that, then?

I think so too but Fifa has to shorten international tournaments or at the least have all confederations schedule their cups on even years so that the hypothetical expanded club world cup can happen in the odd years

>shitty new rules
>shitty
Sort of pre-empts the answer, don't it?

Why wouldn't it help? A more equal distribution of TV money would see clubs closer together financially, which would mean closer together on the pitch.

Do you even know how the TV money is distributed in Germany, you fucking retard?

Go ahead, enlighten me.

You're the one throwing about bullshit new """ideas""" without having any fucking clue about the status quo. So why bother doing your work for you? ;-)

The distribution of TV money forms your argument, not mine. So it's your work, not mine.

I do have an idea about the status quo but, as I said, that's your work and not mine.

In fact, it formed your argument that it would lead to less Bayern dominance. And making that argument has me believe that you in fact are talking out of your ass.

Unfortunately it's time for a European super league.

TV companies and fans are being ripped off when there's so much hype over the leagues but only a handful of teams are of a level that ppl get excited over.

In the International we were all moaning that club football's gone only to be brought back down to earth with stoic 0-0's in the league from poorer teams.

The amount of excitement over European fixtures compared to domestic fixtures now is night and day, i can't remember such a gulf in interest and excitement, imagine thay every weekend it would be great.

Your argument was that the status quo was great so no need for a reform. Proofs please.

>resorting to strawmanning
lmao

>3. Championship clubs to break away from the Football League so they can get more money and have a league which is more interesting compared to the PL
Define interesting? You've got to admit that it is more competitive than the premier league

Not resorting to it, that was the best interpretation I could make of what you said.

What do you think the status quo is? 2 to 1 from top to bottom? And what is the importance of this? Do you say that this makes it fair?

>Define interesting?
I think that people find competitions with better players in them more interesting. More money=better players.

The TV money distribution in the Bundesliga is extremely fair, especially in comparison to other leagues. In fact it is unfair against Bayern, if it wasn't marketed centrally they could make so much more money.
But yeah, how about we give the teams that finished lower in the league more money than the ones actually driving up viewership. That makes sense.

You seem to be arguing about what teams deserve, not what the effect in terms of how well teams perform. That's what I meant by fair: that it gives each team a fighting chance, not that each team warrants the money they get.

And what do you think the distribution is? 2 to 1 from top to bottom? Because it's not. It's more than 3 to 1.

>celtics are chelsea

didnt even read the post just looked at the iiaqhwyf, good thread fuck chicago and fuck the memeiors

Which distribution do you propose? Equal money for everyone?
This is not 1990. Football is a business, and every team tries to get as much money as they can. The centralised German TV distribution is an anomaly born of solidarity, based only/heavily on performance.
And in any case, it's only a relatively small part of especially Bayern's revenue, so even evening out the TV money won't change shit.

odd you euros can't sort out money restrictions, much too corrupt over there

I would propose the 1.5 to 1 from top to bottom.

Re-organising it in that way would help a bit. Bayern would get around 30m less and the bottom clubs around 10m more, going by the 2015/16 figures.

The TV deal is getting more important in Germany too. Man Utd have huge commercial revenues just like Bayern but the TV deal is still capable of making things competitive.

>plastics more worried about which competitions they can wank off about their favourite EA Sports™ FIFA players in than actually getting grounds full like the old days

Pricing first of all. Some clubs are cottoning on that you might as well fill the place at ~£200 a season ticket for adults with a token fee like £30 for kids. Huddersfield and Bradford seem to have benefited, both having decent seasons, and they can afford to do it outside of the Premier League's gravy train. Gate receipts make up less than 5% of the income of PL teams, probably even less in the new TV deal; might as well get bums on seats.

£30 cap on away match tickets in the PL is a start, the irony is that in the Football League there isn't a cap so Barnsley fans going to Wednesday shortly can expect to pay £36 for the pleasure.

There's the usual stuff about safe standing and being able to drink in the stands, but the Muh Illsbreh lot and the Police won't be having any of that.

I know the PL was set up by cunts like Greg Dyke to hoard the TV money rather than it being fairly distributed, but when you see teams like Leyton Orient nearly going tits up over relatively small amounts, you do think that with more money than ever, the rest of the pyramid needs some love. Might seem like gibsmedat, but looking at it holistically, without Stocksbridge Park Steels kicking a ball about in Northern Premier League Division One South we wouldn't have had Jamie Vardy.

>when the leagues are restructured from 24 teams to 20 teams a division.
You are aware that plan got scrapped, right?

1) It got scrapped
2) They categorically said there would be no way Celtic and Rangers would be allowed in

>1) It got scrapped
...I just said that.

The Championship suggestion is stupid as well. What would happen to promotion and relegation to and from the division? Would it go back to the pre-automatic days of re-election?

do you guys show up slaughtered or can you bring in flasks? can't imagine being sober in a crowd of strangers

You can drink under the stands, you just can't take alcohol to within sight of the pitch

what the fuck are you talking about nigger? even your shitty teams have actual stadiums

What aren't you understanding?

you can bring in a few cans of beer and a flaskthen? when they check your ticket? who is going to stop you rippingthose inthe seats then?

Yeah, most games you go to the pub beforehand and have a few beers, at away games there's sometimes "home fans only" pubs so you have to go to one further from the ground, and you can drink on the trains/bus unless the Police think it will be a risky fixture and put bans in place.

You can drink in the stadium concourse if you want to pay £4+ for the pleasure of a lukewarm pint in a plastic cup, just not in view of the pitch. More relaxed at non-league grounds though, at North Ferriby you can stand outside the clubhouse with a decent pint in a glass and they don't mind as long as you take it back.

>you can bring in a few cans of beer and a flaskthen?
No

>who is going to stop you rippingthose inthe seats then?
Stewards/police

You can buy beer though under the stands

Nah, you can't take your own drink in the ground. Even soft drinks they might take the lid off at places like Wembley with daft security.

Though actually the worst I've been to for security is NFL games, where you can't even have a bag unless its their own specific see-through one.

>ameribags

>It got scrapped
Bullshit. Show me a link.

>categorically said there would be no way Celtic and Rangers would be allowed in
So? Talking about what changes I would make.

What are you talking about? Promotion/relegation would be the same as it is now. Just as when the PL broke away.

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37998768

if you britfags ever come to america catch an NHL or AHL game, post up at a nearby chilis or wherever to pregame and get loaded but theres nothing more american than seeing a fight go off on the ice with a cold ass shitty domestic beer in hand

>Promotion/relegation would be the same as it is now. Just as when the PL broke away.
Why did you say this in the OP then:

>This would also help the FA Cup as teams wouldn't be as interested in promotion/relegation.

Wank.

The financial gap wouldn't be as big so the teams wouldn't prioritise the league as much.

As an aside, getting rid of the EFL Cup means more time before and after FA Cup games and so the clubs can take it more seriously.

What about changing the EFL Cup to only include clubs within the EFL? An expanded version of the EFL Trophy basically?

>The financial gap wouldn't be as big so the teams wouldn't prioritise the league as much.
The gap between the third tier and the second tier is bad enough as it is. It doesn't need making worse.

The teams chasing promotion would still have an incentive to throw the FA Cup games.

How bad is it?

Get rid of the blackout. All it does it make fans have to get up even earlier to travel to games.

How does it do that?

why don't you just have all domestic leagues have playoffs todetermine the champion not this meme points shit

also multiball

>Get rid of the blackout. All it does is make me have to switch to a dodgy stream.

Fixed that for you.

It's always Leeds in the Saturday lunchtime Football League kickoff anyway.

Sky and BT switch the matches to 12:30 so they can be shown.

Why do you ignore most of a season when determining your champion?

>that trip
>this post
Maybe then you can win what's left of the premier league again

I would chance its name to soccer and banish it to Mars