Redpill me on poor people

Like I'm not well off but I'm happy where I'm at in life I live within my means and Have a nice job apartment and am able to enjoy the hobbies I'm apart of but I've never understood how people can be dirt poor.

I've come to this conclusion Poor people are people because they lack the Knowledge and intelligence to better themselves and they lack the will to better themselves.

Poor people are poor because they made terrible life choices like:
Dropping out of school
Having kids out of wedlock.
Not having a job.

Blacks do all 3 of those so much more than the rest. Hence their poorness. Statistically the difference is quite amazing.

>Poor people are people because they lack the Knowledge and intelligence to better themselves

>Poor people are people because they lack the Knowledge and intelligence to better themselves

are you a malfunctioning bot or are you just a black person?

It's complicated and you'd literally have to go through case by case to understand why people are poor. On a large scale countries that don't have huge amounts of people living in poverty, you have policies that encourage growth and development and provide a safety net for those who lose opportunities whether by their own volition or by changes to the economy. Poverty is a self replicating thing if you look at it closely. Poverty creates more poverty, just as wealth creates more wealth. Wealth often will want to shift the burden to the poor and away from themselves and if you look at wealthy countries which have a lot of poverty this is how things are done and tax laws are generally set up to allow this and encourage it. To say poor people are poor because they are stupid and lazy doesn't really work when you look at the general picture or even when you dig a little deeper into individual cases.

What does it matter if they're poor? There's nothing inherently wrong with being poor. The issue is of course when they complain about being poor or vote for redistribution of wealth, resources or income, but this isn't isolated to poor people, it's just that people in general find it more morally sound when a poor person wants other people's money than, say, a rich guy who wants the government to finance golf courses.

In most countries people overwhelming support these redistributive policies and yet their governments almost always do the opposite unless they are actively pressured. It makes sense from a grow stand point, as it's proven poor people spend their money to live in their country whereas rich people mostly build uselsss things like golf courses and shift money overseas.

All the young homeless people I've known were either drug addicts who are content with anything as long as they can get high, or not actually homeless but just degenerates who get money from their family on a regular basis and are also content with anything as long as they can get high. Its not that they lack the skills or intelligence to better themselves, or that they just choose to be a drain on society. In my experience and estimation they're basically hedonist libertarians.

>Dropping out of school

Unless you are born in a 3rd world shit hole. It is your own fault if you are poor. Clearly a Bangladeshi has very little choice. But i live in a country that has opportunities, as i am lazy i am poor. If i got off my arse i wouldn't be so. Poverty is a choice so long as you live in the first world.

I'm a poor person

I live at home with my mother
I work a part-time job
I also go to school and study IT
Sometimes I work a second part-time job
I've made no more than $20,000 over the course of my entire life

If I go on welfare, I would make more money than I do right now, but I wouldn't be able to keep my part-time job or go to school.

Guess I should just kill myself for being a failure.

Not really, maybe 60 years ago when job demand was high. Weak job demand encourages poverty.

Good symptom of policies that encourage weak growth (offshoring, shifting taxes away from wealth towards poor people), don't worry though eventually those welfare policies, like CPP, like public health care will become not sustainable and they'll say this was natural and not a direct consequence of policies

Keep going until you can get a good IT job, you're almost free canada bro
keep it up

The people who end up stuck in shitty jobs lack the imagination, courage, intelligence and strength of character to succeed. Prehaps part of the problem is they had shitty parents, but most of the fault is with them. Of course our politicians have fucked us over, but not the extent that an individual has few options when it comes to getting ahead.

I got sick of schedules so I just got into rental properties. I am poor technically because I only make about 1k profit a month, but I dont have to do anything for the money.

Wish I was disabled

>shifting taxes away from wealth towards poor people

I'm a poor person; I don't get any of that wealth from taxes.
Not unless I end all possible future prospects I have and effectively go on welfare permanently.

But why the fuck would I want to do that?

See here's the problem
>Need a job
>We're hiring 12.00 an hour to start
>A room in somebody's basement is 600 dollars a month not including utilities or cost of living

Expecting people to wake up for work every-day to make 386.00 a week after taxes when their rent is probably more then double that? lmao. That's why I don't even work, I enjoy what God has put on this earth and I live out in nature.

Oh and I still have access to:
Wifi - Free, just go hang out at wegmans
Showers - I have a gym membership that is 15.00 a month
Sleeping - Go to REI spend 600.00 on a nice weatherproof camping setup.
Laundry - Laundromat near me that costs 99 cents..

Hopefully. Another year and I think I might be able to get some actual certifications (CCENT, CCNA, at least) and possibly some relevant part-time work in the industry.

But I lack any kind of connections, so it's extremely difficult to break in anywhere.

And I'd be at this school stuff for another 4-5 years if I want to get all the security stuff (which I do, because it's the only thing that'll keep me from losing my job to some poo-in-loo). Probably my best bet is certifications -> bachelors -> co-op or actual job -> degree with security specialization -> more better job

>WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK user?

Apps. Download Uber, Lyft, Handy, ServiceX, GrubHub and do all of them. Live out in the woods and quit throwing a grand down the toilet just to watch TV in your room when you come home from work.

A lot of them have low IQs, a mix between bad genes and having incredibly bad parents. We know that you can lose in excess of 5 IQ points if you're raised in an abusive home environment. Abusive homes also increase chemicals like cortisol in the brain which causes stress and often leads to children growing up with a very win/lose mentality.

Overwhelmingly the people who do best in life were raised to understand that win/win arrangement exist and it's best to culture those scenarios and repeat them by being honest, reliable and providing value to people.

Poor people tend to be those who rob and steal because they believe that force is how you acquire things, they believe someone has to lose something for them to gain.

Bad choices in life can often be permanent so things like getting a criminal record can follow you around forever, same if you drop out of school during a time when it's free but then can't afford to go back.

I'm poor when compared to people in wealthy nations. It's by choice though, I could've stayed in London after getting my degree, but I chose to come home to be close to my family. Mum and dad own a house, but they're getting too old to do all the chores so I come over on weekends to mow the lawn and help where needed.

Also, I have more respect for my countrymen who stay here and work in their shitty jobs as opposed to moving to UK or wherever, pumping out 5 kids and living on welfare.

>tfw currently 32
>always a poor unmotivated student throughout HS
>Drop out at 16 due to constant absence and lack of interest
>Obtain my GED at 16
>Essentially screw around from 16-20
>Finally decide I should probably attend college
>Work slowly through my early to mid-20's and obtain my Bachelors at 25
>Decide on graduate school at 26 because fuck growing up I guess
>Now have my Masters at 28
>Ok.. fuck... time to be an adult I guess

Pulling in 75k in a low cost of living portion of the country at 32 isn't terrible. I mean if my lazy ass can do it, I believe anyone with motivation can at least do what I did and probably get it accomplished at a younger age.

I am not tooting my own horn at all. I am of average intelligence, at least for someone of my education level. Easily half my classmates were likely smarter compared to myself.

One of the biggest blue pill beliefs with poverty and wealth is that you have these bands in society which we label "poor" and "middle class" and "rich", and that people are born into these bands and are doomed to stay there, which is not true.

The important thing to understand is that social mobility today is very high and that a lot of people start in the poverty band but move out of it typically within a year or so of holding down a job.

You're in a really great position, you're learning skills, you're getting educated, you have a good work ethic and all of that when you could be on bennies instead.

You need to be looking for an entry point on a career ladder, that means getting any kind of job working in IT, do tech support or a Jnr systems admin or something like that, work as part of a team and learn as much as you can from those around you.

Don't stay still too long, the moment you've reached your potential in one job, move to another, you need to be constantly adding value to yourself.

I basically dropped out of Uni after 2 years and got a Assistant systems admin job for pittence in fact I worked for free for a week to get a shot at getting the job. A year later I was full systems admin. After 3 years of experience I was doing all the admin work for several offices. After moving around a few times after about 7 years I was Head of IT for a business and now after about 11 years I'm an IT Director with a share in the business, at 32.

If you're young and learning then you'll be on shit pay until you've had enough experience to offer people a lot of value, but that's something you build over time so it gets better. And IT is a fucking great path to be on because it pays really well and is easy if you're not a retard.

I hire now in my position and when I need people to fill Jnr positions I hire others how I was hired, it's very effective.

Of course you don't taxes are being shifted more and more towards incomes and spending. You're paying more taxes while making less or the same income. The welfare state is becoming an increasing burden on poor or middle class people, by direct consequence of formulated policy and not some natural consequence.

Where are best locations in Uk for this type of thing? I'm in Leeds, dropped out of uni in first year after getting disullusioned, kicking myself a bit over it but I saw it as pointless debt. Would love to get onto a proper career somewhere, for the last year I do tech support for a broadband company which I can't see going far

The "poor", those below the poverty line, in the US are the upper middle class anywhere in the world. There is no justification for crime or welfare in such an affluent society.

>pointless debt

Why didn't you just ask your parents to finance it? They would definitely pay for your uni education. Genuine question.

Without a degree you kind of have to learn on the job, doing things like tech support jobs are OK but they don't have as much of a career ladder to them because where do you go from there? Supervisor for the tech team or something like that? No great.

However you have hardly any options until you've proven yourself for a good few years, the unwritten standard is about 3 years. If you can hold down a job for 3 years, get in on time, prove responsible and get a good reference then that opens a lot of doors.

Pretty much for tech any medium+ size city is fine, I'm in Norwich which is only about 250k population.

Keep searching for jobs which are Jnr positions, if they offer training all the better, but with IT you broadly have 2 options, pick a specialty and learn the skills you need (which is hard on the job) or go for a more jack of all trades job like a systems admin who needs a lot of different skills.

Doing the more broad route of systems admin, tech support etc leads you towards IT management eventually which is where I went and is a good route to IT manager and eventually director/CTO.

The vertical jobs like for example web development or network engineer need more specific and specialized skills which typically need education of some kind or apprentice jobs which are hard to find. Study for that stuff in your spare time if you want to go that route, if it's something like development then work hard on building a portfolio of work.

Always be looking for more work and new opportunities but specifically do not stay where you are past 3 years, that 3 years experience in the work place is the really hard part to get, once you have it you can interview for better positions.

Do you know more specifically what you'd like to do in IT?

I've lost my mom last year my dad this year, have bad feelings all the time and drink too much Alkohol. Search for a job right now but it's really not easy. Rent is free and get 200€ extra for all my bills and food ect. This is not a good life desu and I want to change it afap.

With how much a year are you considered wealthy/rich in the usa?I make around 60k dollars a year, and whenever I visit my friends in the Usa they get quite stunned that I live in brazil and have that income.Are my friends just white trash?

$60k/yr is probably better than like 80% of the US population. Half the population doesn't even make $30k/yr

Basically, that's an upper-middle class income.

They are a necessity in any economic system.

They are the result of scarcity (knowledge, natural resources, labor etc.)

Systems admin seemed a sensible bet, web development is something I do in my own time.

I did history at uni and speaking to graduates couldn't justify it going forward. I'm one of the best in my current job, I'd like to stick it out a while longer into the 2 -3year range as shit as it is just to having something semi decent on my CV.

I feel I'm bright enough but the false start at uni has knocked me back, I'm conscious not to get stuck in the loop of sticking with a job with no growth

When I start residency I'll be making $55k/yr which most people complain only allows you to live like a college student.

Both parents were addicts, grew up poor for Australia. Everyone around me, including myself as a teen, was incredibly bitter of the haves. They essentially took pride in having nothing and most if not all the people who I grew up around continue to have nothing due to poor life choices. It obviously makes social mobility harder but fuck me, take some personal responsibility and try to rise above.

this is bullshit

Keep in mind most wealth is concentrated in the top 1% not so much the top 10%.

Not even the top 1% - it's even smaller than that.

Do you have any children?

Didn't fucking think so. You're right. Not being poor is easy as fuck when you don't have kids.

>inb4 "don't have children if you're poor"

There was a time when having a family wasn't considered a luxury. Also, birth control fails.

It's a good starting point for sure, it'll teach you a little bit about a lot of things and really give you some really sharp problem solving skills. It also has a good and very clear career path from Jnr Admin to full time Admin to Snr Admin and then into IT management.

Don't be disheartened by Uni, the debt is crushing, I've paid off my 2 years worth of loan already, my brother who is also in IT and did a CS degree has like 24k of debt which will take decades to pay off.

Honestly the 3 years (min) lost to a degree could be well spent in the job market but you have to be really smart about it and still put in the effort, always be reading at home, learning, and whatnot. If you're already smart enough to tinker with coding websites then sounds like you have the aptitude for it, just need the experience.

On top of tech support for admin, brush up on your networking knowledge, learn how patch panels work, how managed switches work, learn how the different network topolgies work, learn basic network troubleshooting. Use a lot of different OS's so you can support many different devices.

You'll be earning a really good wage in no time.