Is becoming a mage in Skyrim even worth it?

Is becoming a mage in Skyrim even worth it?

I have already started the built but read somewhere online that Destruction magic gets weak later in the game.

Is that true?

Very, without mods. I recommend either Ordinator, Perkus Maximus, or Path of Sorcery (Might not be the name of it, it's been a while). A few of the other magic classes are fun to mess around with, but yes, destruction's power tapers off late game.

yes

I thoroughly enjoy my sneak mage. But yeah as another poster said, destruction gets shitty late game.

Okay thanks for the replies friendos. Gonna get the mods and get back to skyrim

Get some more spell mods and the progression is the best for any class in the game. Slow start, challenging as hell and takes some time but with the high cost - high power spells from mods the time and effort put in in so worth it when you can power over anyone and anything

Its not that bad but in vanilla skyrim youd wanna pair it with enchanting, you can get enchants for 25% mana reduction cost for certain schools enchant that four times for destruction and boom you just walk everywhere throwin free fireballs

Best of luck user, enjoy.

I counted to ten × 2

>but read somewhere online that Destruction magic gets weak later in the game.
If you double cast and take the stagger perk it strong all the way up to level 100

Get a healing spell plus destruction. Double cast all times. Literally unstopoable once leveled up.

Is it worth getting on the switch is my current dilemma.

On one hane I already own it and I don't play it anymore and it's objectively the worst open world elder scrolls excluding mods.

But on the other hand it becomes portable and has new gimmicky controls and I wouldn't mind playing it again.

Suggestion Sup Forumsro's?

No its op af and stopped being fun due to op. Bow is harder more fun harder and rewarding.

This
And this

Also depends on player skill, and I would advise combining with other schools of magic.

>skill enchanting early
>craft armor with minus 23% dest. magic consumption
>cast destruction for free
>profit

Skyrim isn't worth it. Play a real game homo.

You can make a potion that increases the power of destruction magic.

Nah, dont think its worth it... plus youd only have the vanilla game with the dlc. And to be honest and real: skyrim without mods isnt really that good. Like all bethesda games in the last yrs. (Can be fun, yeah, but theyre not actually that good to hook you for months)

I've always gone with archery. At level 50 you can stagger and 70 you get quick draw. It's extremely useful for taking down dragons and tough enemies. The stagger makes it very easy not to take damage

Can't afford a PC. Stuck with a shitty PS4 parents bought me for my 18th birthday last year.

True thanks fam.

concur, concur.
combat still sucks in TES. sigh.
solution: play witcher 3

Can only speak for Vanilla but it is very much worth it especially Destruction

that blizzard spell is sick

I don't think there's any potion that increases destruction damage. It only reduces the cost.
I've already played through with the sneaky archer twice. Really fucking bored of that build now. But yeah, it is pretty fun as long as it's still fresh for you.

Nah, you're wrong. There is one that increases damage. If you use glitches you can even make a potion so powerful you can kill anyone with one hit from the weakest spell. It also increases the damage of fus ro da and a few other shouts that count as destruction magic, except the fire shout for some reason.

That spells that are worth a damn cost too much fucking magika.

I just modded so I had infinite mana.

Mained mage at legendary mostly destruction and yes it does fall behind on higher levels but use the midas magic mod which i think also adds magic resistance weakener which makes the game a bit more balanced. Start is hard because you can often get 1 shotted by arrows so you gotta keep your armor spells up and when you master it with all duration extension, dragon skin spell lasts over 2 minutes.

no need for mods

Skyrim is shit tbh. But the most fun I had was my Orc Warrior. Blood lust is boss as fuck.

>It only reduces the cost.
Those don't exist. There are two type of potions for magic skills, damage increase and duration increase. Destruction is the former.