Are there any good rappers that also produce their own music?

Are there any good rappers that also produce their own music?

kanye

Kanye West

el-p, aesop rock, kanye are the more obvious ones, there are too many to list really

conye had like 30 producers on his last album

Tyler the Creator

spaceghostpurrp is the best

Logic

he also produced most of his own tracks up until yeezus.

He said *good* rappers. Kanye's not a good rapper.

Lil B.

Wtf how has no one mentioned Madlib/Quasimoto

MF Doom

Nah. Hes using a production army since Graduation, Graduation was the ladt one he worked more.

He profittng through No ID, Mike Dean, and many many others beats these days. Hes just a executive prod., its so much less him now, just like one of these pop stars who only do a performance/vocals.

Adds to it as a flaw, he not writting his raps, yes he writes but he depends too much on the help of Pusha T, Jeff Bhasker, Rhymefest and many others.

Well he have the power money to do thjs, the end results will obviously big albums, but its sad he by himself can't shine anymore.

Mega fans will find way to defend but lets be honest... musicianship wise Kanye... lacks

Mac Miller, Eminem (I'm p sure he's gotten full prod credits for a couple songs), Tyler the creator, ye, dre, I think chance the rapper did a lot of production work on 10 days and acid rap, I'm probably wrong about that tho

Hes a performer, a POP rapper.

thats it Can't you see it?

Imagine being rich, and making yourself tire to make beats and work hard this is not a worry for now celebrity artists.

How most of people cant see this truth about these mainstream acts?

They participate less and less on their works, they become performers only (Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry)

Not anymore. Kanye been an average rapper, and he uses writers and rumours arround he used ghostwriters (Rhymefest, Kid Cudi, Consequence, Pusha T, Big Sean?)
Not discrediting some of his albums being good

For el-p hes a good producer but not too good rapper.

big krit

Dre isn't really a rapper, though. All of Dre's lyrics on The Chronic were written by Snoop.

I explained the Kanye case.

You guys are noobs, i guess all teens.
Eminem produced most in the 2000-2003 time span.

Today yes he puts ideias on his albums but hes most of a lyrical rapper.

There are so many others knownly rapper who does productiob yall funny not getting 'in' touch

Most of time Lil b gets prod. by other guys though.

Hes the 'doctor', the producer, the excutive, he really knows how to play cards in the game. He just signed Eminem, 50 Cent and now Kendrick, some of the hottest rappers of their time.
I think hes the tastemaker, sadly Detox dont came to fruition, i was expecting something revolutionary as Chronic and 2001, but he tried to adapt to the fashion of these days and came with the average Compton. He dont care, i would not too being semi-billionaire.

beta below me

you are such a nerd faggot cracker, you dont know shit about rap music

Well, I'm not really into hip hop so much, more of a dance music and metal kinda guy. I only listed those guys because a lot of my friends are into hip hop

I think once people start to get too big it gets a little shaky to say they produce and rap because produce starts to get ambiguous. If someone else mixed/mastered did they produce? If someone else played a melody they wrote did they produce? Dudes selling out arenas generally aren't making all their own beats on a laptop anymore

lofty305

Lil Ugly Mane
Havoc
Juicy J
Pharoahe Monch
RZA (his rapping on 6 feet deep is good)
Can probably find a lot more examples but that's effort