Hey atheists

Hey atheists,

Is adultery morally wrong?

Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkCuc34hvD4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

INB4 CUCKS CUCKING CUCKINGLY

The good ones are taken. So take the good ones.

Clearly samefagging kys

>Is adultery morally wrong?
If there is deceit it is wrong. If she's chomping down on a delicious BBC because both partners like it, then no, it's not wrong.

Dilige et quod vis fac.
–Aurelius Augustinus Hipponensis

Shit question, relies too much on context

Nope. I know where this is going to go, so I headed it off at the pass.

nice trick questions since atheists can't have morals

if only Sup Forums atheists could admit that they can't have any ethics under the religion of atheism

>relies too much in context
That's a fancy way of saying no. Its a straight forward question. With all variables being controlled, is adultery morally wrong?

>If there is deceit it is wrong.
Is deceit as harmless as this wrong? You're not physically harming anyone andbthe practice is consensual with the other partner.

don't matter. atheists can never be moral without a god

If everyone involved knowingly and willingly consents, including the respective partners, exactly where is the problem?

0/8 too obvious

Then its not adultery.

By controlled im guessing you mean that the relationship is fine, both emotionally and sexually? I guess you could view it as moral, if you believe in alphas having more than one partner. Or likewise love is just endorphins that will eventually run out so who gives a shit it'll end anyway. They're the only remotely acceptable reasons imo. Everyone i've seen talking about being alpha act really fucking weird and kinda creepy. It can only be truely moral if the partner consents, its their choice. Otherwise its always immoral.

im a retard giving consent wouldn't be adultery

Unfortunately, many legislatures and churches have disagreed. Note the lack of any mention of consent in Pic related citations.

>alphas
Shut the fuck up you larping moron

>Otherwise its always immoral.
Ok, but why?

The point of thus exercise is to see if atheists can construct a valid argument as to why something like adultery is morally wrong. We know churches and religious groups have an established system of ethics. That's beside the point.

The concept of usufruct seems to apply here, that people have a right to enjoy the """property""" of others so long as it doesn't harm the """owner's""" enjoyment thereof. Non-consent or deception in this personal, private sphere can easily be construed as obstructing the """owner's""" enjoyment of their """property""" and in contravention of the Golden Rule.
Admit it, the point of this exercise is nothing more than bait.

But the owner doesn't have to know. What. They don't know won't hurt them.

Because you hurt your partners feelings? this could lead them to feeling insecure and worthless all because you wanted to stick your dick in a different hole. Even i u personally dont find it morally wrong a majority may deem it to be so.

>B-b-but just because other people think its immoral doesn't mean its immoral its opinionated!!!!

That's why this questions so fucking stupid there's no definitive answer and people will believe whatever they want. If u wanna cheat, cheat but don't cry when people tell you to fuck off because they believe its wrong.

But the partner doesn't know and can never know. Is it then immoral?

no one gives a fuck about what the church thinks tho, they're the last people i'd want a lecture about morals from.

People make life so fucking complicated for no reason. Do what you do, but think, could my actions hurt people for no good reason other than because i can? Then don't do it. "Yeah but i reallyyyy want to do it" Then do it but don't get pissy when life gives u a smack in return and come crying to Sup Forums that lifes unfair. Life can be a bitch, deal with it or die, its not like your a child slave is it.

But there is no objective morality. Everything is subjective. The only professors of an objective moral ethic are the religious.

>can never know

I'm guessing by this you mean they will never be able to know as you are the only person who can verify it happened? Depends on the person i guess, but i don't understand why they would do it? If you're in a perfectly fine relationship why would you do it? Give me an example and i'll give u my opinion

Nothing is morally wrong. Rape, murder, child molestation, and robbery are all perfectly acceptable under our atheist philosophy.

We hate God, and we'll do anything to rub it in His loving, merciful face, especially harm his children in any way we can.

Our Athiest God, Satan the Devil, will always be more powerfult thancdx caz

It seems that the atheists who have responded believe there are certain circumstances where adultery is acceptable. Obviously this js because atheists do not accept an objective morality.

The case is that individual A cheats on B with C and B will never know, thus B cannot be harmed emotionally and the relationship between A and B continues normally. Is A acting immorally?

Why or why not?

Thank you for your honesty.

That's what im trying to get at, i apologize im not expressing it clearly. You're right morality is subjective in the sense that morality is percepted by each individual differently. Morality is a sort of social construct, we are taught what is wrong and right and these influence our decisions whether something is immoral. Our society currently deems adultery as immoral, as it can negatively effect those who become victim of it. Others can argue that it is moral, as just because society deems it as immoral doesn't necessarily mean it's immoral. There is no real right or wrong answer as much as i wish there was which is why i think its a stupid question. Its is completely subjective but i simply think its immoral to hurt people that care about you. Others may think differently but it is what it is.

And they only do so on the basis of threats and rewards, not because they are intrinsically good and moral people.

Atheists (I'm not one btw) argue that while there might not be a system of punishments and rewards for our behavior, the fragility of life makes it doubly precious, and we should try to treat others as well as we can.

If you need the threat of eternal punishment to be a good person, you're not a good person.

Video related: youtube.com/watch?v=pkCuc34hvD4

nothing is morally wrong because the concept of morality is fucking stupid; that said adultery might violate someone preferences and if you care what they think about you then you might care about that

Why do christfags think that nonbelievers attempt to adhere to some rigidly objective worldview? Bonobos will help strangers find food for no reward, chimps will beat rapists to death. Many social animals have an innate sense of fairness and morality.

It is ok to commit adultery. Fortunately, virgin atheists can't commit adultery.

Why does that matter? Most people are sub 100 IQ. There needs to be an established code of conduct to regulate a properly functioning society.

It is the atheists who say that there exists no objective morality.

Ok, that's true. But what does that matter when the atheist philosophy preaches subjective morality? Its corrosive to society.

KEK even fucking retarded chimpanzees have morals! Why don't atheists? Fucking atheists are more barbaric than chimps! BTFO!

Its very difficult to picture to me as I can never imagine a loving relationship were one cheats on the other, i think it would be obvious to tell over time to B.

Why can't there be an objective moral standards as an atheist? I don't really understand. My morals are based on how i feel, not relative to religion or social conditioning or what others think. It's who I am and what i deep down believe in. If others believe in different things thats fine, but i can still find them immoral.

is it okay to pee blood after a power wank?

>an established code of conduct to regulate a properly functioning society

Which is a completely different topic. Atheists don't argue that there should be no laws any more than religious psychotics.

The fact of the matter is, atheists believe in doing good because people should do good.

It's only the religious who are so morally bankrupt that they need a giant omnipotent bully threatening to torture them to keep them straight, and are so cynical as to believe that everyone else is as ugly as them and require the same restriction.

In other words, athiesm is intrinsically more moral than theism could ever be, as theists simply don't believe in the good nature of humanity and reflect that through themselves.

See: Monkeys are literally more moral than you. They don't even need a mental illness to behave acceptably.

>Why can't there be an objective moral standards as an atheist?
>My morals are based on how i feel
That's why

Why have all atheist governments been bloodthirsty tyrannies? See the French Republic, USSR and every other communist state. Those countries have plenty of laws.

>threats
All these Christfags arguing that the Bible is moral clearly haven't read it.

"As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you."

Because there haven't been any non-communist atheist governments. Communism is a state-based religion, just look at Kim Jong-un.

What Christian societies haven't been totalitarian? And don't say "hurr durr the United States", because the country with the highest per capital prison population in the world is not a free country.

USA was okay when it was founded, TO GET AWAY FROM RELIGIOUS TYRANNY, but has gone downhill since religious tyranny was institutionalized later on in response to communism.

Religious theocracy is the mirror image of communism, a different side of the same coin. They're the same thing.

And don't even get me started on Muslims, which are basically Christians with burkas.

It says everything that this is your only response to that.

Atheists believe in good, theists believe in evil and fear it. End of story.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

meh, i believe what i believe and others believe what they believe. it's all unnecessarily complicated.If someone thinks murder and rape isn't wrong, well it can be argued they're not wrong. So ye, it doesn't matter in the end, because the discussion can never come to a resolute conclusion.

The French Republic wasn't communist. Are you literate?

But my good isnt the same as your good. Morality is subjective.

>If someone thinks murder and rape isn't wrong, well it can be argued they're not wrong.

*1st French Republic

We atheist don't believe in nothing
We don't believe in adultery
We don't believe in morally
We don't believe in wrong
This is the essence of our superior philosophy

organised religion is plain old brainwashing. hurr-durr so edgy. give over, no one intelligent i know of believe in it. some of the people that may follow religion may be kind but they're still brainwashed and hard to interact with.

In other words, Christians hate themselves.

It makes perfect sense.

It also says "love", not "treat", so Christians could probably do enough mental gymnastics about "loving" the people they enslave and kill because "it's for your own good".

A lot of relatively peaceful pagan cultures were destroyed that way.

No one's good is the same as anyone else's good, even within Christianity. There have been whole wars about which church is more correct about this.

I believe that love and respect should e given to those who give it to you.

"“When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive’s garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion.”

Adultery is what happened when degeneracy and feminism mixed.

I'm an atheist strictly in the spiritual sense, the moral guidance of the bible couldn't be more perfect.

I see dem trips

yes because you promised your spouse you would be faithful to them. And if they are OK with that then it doesn't seem to be a real marriage. Its a joke to be a life partner with someone if you are not giving them 100% of your life.

And what kind of sex are we talking about? Is it simply sex for the sake of fertility? Cum and done? Or is this about pleasure that must be gotten from someone else?

God trips CHECKED

Yes, you're supposed to are protect some persons feelings n' stuff.