Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about them more?

They are just as good if not better than the Beatles and other 60s groups

Other urls found in this thread:

the-searchers.co.uk/ricky.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>They are just as good if not better than the Beatles and other 60s groups

Because they aren't. Also their Dylan covers are atrocious. They somehow manage to remove all subtlety and nuance from them.

>Also their Dylan covers are atrocious

They're better than the Beatles, they were always ahead of them. The Beatles would always rip them off, I'm pretty sure Tommorrow Never Knows would have never existed if it wasn't for Eight Miles High, which came out months before.
The Jangly guitar sound from Mr. Tambourine Man (the album) was replicated in the Beatles' Rubber Soul, which also came out months after that.

Maybe, but they add more danceable elements into Bob's music. If you don't like them it's ok, but I think both versions are great depending on your approach.
The best Byrds material came out after they've done Dylan covers though

Pleb

Irrational response.
rational response.

Ony of my favorite groups. I guess it's because they aged a bit worse than the other big groups of the time.

The Byrds covers of Dylan songs turned them from a guy who couldn't sing with half assed guitar playing to amazing guitar playing and 11/10 harmonys and vocals.

the Byrds versions of Dylan songs are the true Patrician versions

only have one good song and it was i'll feel a whole lot better

>Turn Turn Turn

>Hickory Wing

>One Hundred Years From Now

>Wasn't Born To Follow

>Everybody's been Burned

>Eight Miles High

>Old Blue

>only one good song

They've got at least 3 great albums and were pioneers in the folk rock, psychedelic and country rock movements of the second half of the sixties.

eight miles high is nothing like tomorrow never knows. the only thing in common is that eight miles high is vaguely weird.

>better than the Beatles
Stop this meme

They are objectively better

The Notorious Byrd Brothers is better than any Beatles album

Typical byrds... cant list a set of their best songs without including atleast one cover.

Also, isn't hickory wing the most ridiculous name for a song. Just makes me hungry.

>They're better than the Beatles, they were always ahead of them. The Beatles would always rip them off, I'm pretty sure Tommorrow Never Knows would have never existed if it wasn't for Eight Miles High, which came out months before.
Except The Byrds ripped off the raga rock from The Beatles, Norwegian Wood
>The Jangly guitar sound from Mr. Tambourine Man (the album) was replicated in the Beatles' Rubber Soul, which also came out months after that.
The Byrds ripped off the jangley guitar from A Hard Days Night.

Stop this.

>They are objectively
How so?

There aren't any covers in that list

Better Harmony

better guitar playing

better songwriting

better Vocals

>"Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is a Season)", or simply "Turn! Turn! Turn!", is a song written by Pete Seeger in the late 1950s. The lyrics, except for the title, which is repeated throughout the song and the final two lines, are adapted word-for-word from the English version of the first eight verses of the third chapter of the biblical Book of Ecclesiastes. The song was originally released in 1962 as "To Everything There Is a Season" on the Limeliters' album Folk Matinee and then some months later on Seeger's own The Bitter and the Sweet.[1]

>Better Harmony
>better guitar playing
>better songwriting
>better Vocals
"Better" is a subjective term.

Try again.

turn turn turn is a pete seeger cover.

Alright I forgot on that one but the others aren't

Superior Harmony

Superior Guitar playing

Superior Songwriting

Superior Vocals

see, even when you try to make a list with no covers, one pops up. fucking byrds kek.

>Superior
Still subjective. Try again?
>Alright I forgot on that one but the others aren't
Wow you were the guy who didn't know Turn! Turn! Turn! was a cover of a cover of a cover?

You don't know shit about music. Typical Byrds fan.

And the beatles ripped that off from the searchers or some shit like that. big deal, woop. You can even find that sound in girl groups like the shangri las that were hard days night.

>And the beatles ripped that off from the searchers or some shit like that
[citation needed]

before hard days night*

>you dont know shit about music

wrong

>Wow you were the guy who didn't know Turn! Turn! Turn! was a cover of a cover of a cover?

I forgot this. I knew it but not the second that I posted that

>typical byrds fan

What do you have against their fans?

>What do you have against their fans?
You pretend to know anything about music and think subjective criteria is objective.

>Except The Byrds ripped off the raga rock from The Beatles, Norwegian Wood
Norwegian Wood came out after The Byrds' debut
>The Byrds ripped off the jangley guitar from A Hard Days Night.
The only thing The Byrds did after watching the A Hard Days Night movie was to get some of the same gear (such as the Rickenbacker guitar), hence the similarities. The Roger McGinn jangle guitar sound is totally different though, the notes sound more psychedelic than AHDN

All music judging is subjective

>Norwegian Wood came out after The Byrds' debut
Irrelevant
>The only thing The Byrds did after watching the A Hard Days Night movie was to get some of the same gear (such as the Rickenbacker guitar), hence the similarities
End of story

Not much of an argument here.
So this guy is wrong?

He isn't wrong.

>music isn't objective
>but it is if it shows The Byrds were better The beatles
Huh

This is why I dont argue about music

I always back track

>Irrelevant.
Of course it's relevant.
>End of story
I don't think the guitars that the beatles used makes them any more creative or original than anyone, they were able to afford them because they were on a pretty big record label and had a huge following.
As I was saying, Roger McGinn's sound is totally different, as he took inspiration from free jazz and John Coltrane to make his guitar riffs.

>Of course it's relevant.
How so? There's no raga rock on that album. Did you forget what we were talking about?
>As I was saying, Roger McGinn's sound is totally different, as he took inspiration from free jazz and John Coltrane to make his guitar riffs.
lol

the-searchers.co.uk/ricky.htm

Ballad of Easy Rider [Columbia, 1969]

I'm sorry to report that this is the poorest Byrds album. It improves with listening, especially at high volume, but Roger McGuinn does seem to be returning to his roots, which unfortunately lie deep in commercial folk music. All the rock dynamics are fading, and what replaces them is thoughtful but not compelling. B+

(Untitled) [Columbia, 1970]

I'm sorry. I love them--or do I mean him?--too, but it finally seems to be ending. The new songs are unworthy except for the anomalous McGuinn showcase "Chestnut Mare," the harmonies are faint or totally absent, and the live performance that comprises half this two-record set . . . well, I'm sure you had to be there. I was, lots of times, and I guess I will be again, but mostly to demonstrate my devotion. I'm sorry. C+

Farther Along [Columbia, 1971]

On that downhill road--to Kim Fowley, to songs about Antique Sandy and Precious Kate, to the day when the agent man collects what you owe him. C

>cntrl f "raga rock"
>no results
>cntrl f "jangle pop"
>no results
Irrelevant.

Yeah the Byrds really pretty much died with the 60s.

Why did they kick Crosby out of the band? Was he that big of a douchebag?

because you're using specific genre names. Do you think the name raga rock or jangle pop existed when the searchers and beatles were making music? Do you think people use terms like that when describing their own personal interactions? you hipster fuck. get outtaa hee'ya

By all accounts he is. Stephen Stills is also a giga asshole.

lol yea. He was druggy and too ahead of himself. He also was very into the counterculture values, thing that wasn't shared among the other members of the band.

Fuck i meant to respond to this

>mfw Byrdsfags can't even properly reply to someone

Yeh the other guys were closeted Christfags and Crosby's hippie lifestyle wasn't very compatible with that.

Imagine being such a contrarian faggot that you unironically try to the peddle the idea that the fucking Byrds are better than the Beatles.

I bet The Byrds themselves would slap you for that shit.

>I bet The Byrds themselves would slap you for that shit.
No, they wouldn't McGuinn is so full of himself, he thinks he gave George the idea of playing the sitar. He's so fucking jelly it's unbelievable

its sad that its very underrated
5D is a fantastic psych album, beat the beatles to the punch by a few months in the psychedelic game. 5D came out in early summer and Revolver came out in August. I prefer revolver but i cant deny that 5D is a pioneering psychedelic album

Reminder that the Beatles had already written Dylan-inspired pop songs (with jangly 12-string guitars) on the very album that inspired McGuinn to start a rock group.