S/fur

s/fur

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1BbkCBP9AVw
dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1080672#1080672
thinkwiki.org/wiki/Custom_BIOS#Oleh.27s_eGPU_.2B_16GB_Instability_Fix
e621.net/post/show/225852/16-9-2012-anthro-anus-ass_up-bed-bed_sheet-bedding
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing better than furry chicks and bikes.

Read all of that. Jesus

I read all of it once. Once.

Playing with waifu2x is fun.

All I need to finish my eGPU setup is PWM fans, a fan controller, and fan filters.

The latter two are en route, but I don't know what PWM fans to use. As it is right now I have two 3-pin fans, but fuck those since the fan controller is PWM.

I can get two Noctuas for $20 per, don't know if it's going to be "worth it" per se. One 80mm and one 120mm.

So fucking hard to find 80mm PWM.

So that's a no on sonic art then?

Please don't summon the sissy hog faggot.

I just went with one that's always running on full power. Now my desktop is no longer silent, but it was a cheap way to fix the overheating GPU.

Repaste that shit yo

I'm tired and don't feel like staying up any longer. Night, guys.

That's the first thing I did. Temps dropped from 90°C in idle to 80°C. But obviously that's still a bit too hot. It was actually allready throttling in idle. With a single 80mm case-fan it now runs around 60°C in idle (below throttling threshold) and hardly ever reaches 80.
The card in question is passively cooled and ten years old.

Debunking the myth that the sun doesn't shine out your ass

good night

I feel like there's something wrong here.

Other than font size.

Night dash

vocaroo.com/i/s1BbkCBP9AVw

Ever tried finding an aftermarket cooler for it? Either that, or buy a more recent budget 2nd hand card.

Want me to cum on your man boobies user?

The choice is clear.
Costs a bit more than the one I had for a while, but for 20 times the speed. I miss that internet connection...

Not investing more than I need to keep that card running. It's shit anyways, but the computer is rarely used and my parents will not notice the difference.

The only problem is that you can't sign up without also signing up for IPTV.

And I fucking hate IPTV. I literally never watch it and it causes issues with some routers since it requires you to use some special snowflake VLAN tagging configuration.

Using dd-wrt with this ISP is impossible since you have to have this magic configuration for it and dd-wrt forums aren't helping: dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1080672#1080672

Otherwise I'd be using a Linksys WRT1900AC right now.

Aftermarket cooler costs at least 40$

10yo card is worth less than 40$

My second suggestion was to buy a cheap shit 2nd-hand budget card. Hell, throw the meme tier GT210 in there. Gotta be better than a jerry-rigged card that struggles to remain cool.

Welp just checked ebay, only nvidia cards I found below $40 are 8/9000 series. Whaaa...? Who would even pay that much for a gt210. Especially when a gt1030 is $100. Maybe there's better options from AMD.

It's called not being a consumer whore faggot who thinks that taking out your wallet is the answer.

The answer is usually to stick with what you have since it's already working and doesn't need to be fixed.

If it's overheating, it needs to be fixed. I'm fine with repairing things rather than replacing. Do it all the time. In that case though, it sounds like a newer card would be beneficial.

Fact remains that it's still working.

Who gives a flying fuck about a two-digit number that doesn't affect that fact?

Was actually considering a gt210, but they cost too much for so little performance. If the computer actually got used for more than browsing and spotify, I'd stick something like the RX450 in there and make it a low-end gaming machine maybe. Lubuntu would need to go then as well.
For now, it runs just fine with the extra fan. Extra power would be literally useless right now.

Whomever has to put up with sluggish performance. That thing would probably be slower than the first few generations of intels integrated gpus. Unless it's only used for office related tasks, I bet it's getting sluggish.

If the idle temperature are in the 80C range, it is NOT working properly.

I almost never use anything GPU-intensive outside of CUDA stuff like waifu2x and tripcode cracking, but when I do want to play games it's nice knowing that I have the capability to do so comfortably.

Whether this capability is worth the money and effort is entirely you however.

You must be an amd fanboy from 2010.

tippest of keks right? fucking nvidia woodscrew housefires :^)

The loud fan isn't annoying while watching video / listening to music?
That stuff drives me nuts personally. I've undervolted the CPUs in both of my laptops which has reduced fan noise a fair bit. I wonder if you could source some GPU OC'ing utility and use it to pull an undervolt on that old GPU. Would reduce the temps a fair bit if it remains stable with a decent undervolt.

If only ivy and sandy bridge mobile chips could be undervolted...

Outside of the Extreme edition stuff that is.

AND IF ONLY MAXWELL COULD BE UNDERVOLTED

Well, it can handle more than 120, and with the fixed airflow it idles around 60, which is fine for a passively cooled old card. Doesn't reach 90 anymore either.
So I guess that it's fixed for now.

Could always use the laptop for GPU intensive stuff. It's better at that anyways. Same TDP (actually more if the integrated graphics count as well) but more than 7 years younger.

It's a single 80mm fan, so it's hearable but not like a vaccuum cleaner. Silence is nice but in this case a compromise had to be taken. For then ten year-old frankenstein-PC this was the way that seems best.

Really? The early Core i chips won't undervolt? I have the i5-6200u in my daily driver undervolted at -0.100 volts. Just used Intels Extreme Tuning Utility. Let me set the core voltage to whatever I wanted.

>i5 u-series
>undervolted
Why? On the 4210U the fan hardly ever runs even using the integrated GPU for two monitors. It is off right now on mine. I'd expect the sixth gen to be better, not worse.

Under full load it's noisy, which occurs often because I run CPU intensive stuff all the time when I'm sleeping. Undervolting reduced fan noise and temps by 10°c. Means I'm not putting as much thermal stress on the components so it works for me. There's also the argument about improved battery life too.

If could have, would have.

As it is right now my last hope for sub-90 temps while playing Planetside 2 is to thoroughly clean out the HSF and install using premium thermal pads and paste instead of the cheap junk I've been using

Which I'll do when I get around to it.

And fucking Maxwell doesn't undervolt.

My old 580 undervolted really well. Managed to shave off almost 10 degrees just by undervolting.

Not bad. Mine almost never runs at high loads, so I can't say I've bothered to improve shit on it. If anything, I could've used better single-thread performance a while back. But I'm not doing that work anymore so it's fine for now.

I recently repasted using artic mx-2 and it worked a treat. Used less than 1/4 on one laptop and it cost me about 8 dollarydoos on ebay. Not bad I'd say. Laptop no-longer thermal throttles. Was hitting 95°c, now sits in the mid 70's.

When I pulled off the heatsink to re-apply the paste I completely rinsed all the dust out with water. Not that it actually had much in there to start with. I've always cleaned it fairly regularly.

Single thread performance is a bit of a bummer with these CPUs. Unfortunately quite a few apps I run are ST only. Including the image optimiser and jpeg encoder I use to compress images. Oh well. That's why it stays on at night.

I have a maxwell chip in my other laptop. Is it only because it's already running at the minimum stable voltage, or is playing with the core voltage not allowed?

Personal record was 8 h for a single task in OriginLab. That was a rather large task though.
Could've been faster if I had 16GB RAM though, since the overflow was pretty bad and pagefile is slow.

>maxwell
I stand corrected. It's Kepler. Seems as though the 750 was the only gpu in the 700 series lineup to be maxwell.

The AMD GPU in my daily driver hits 90°c when I try running a GPU tripcode finder, then proceeds to crash the system. Not sure why that is, so I'm limited to CPU only stuff there.

Sucks that RAM prices are so expensive. I'm stuck on 12GB for now and continuously run out. What are you doing in OriginLab that takes so long? Longest record I have is probably 100+ hours transcoding a video. I often run tasks that take 8 or more hours a night. Any reduction in thermals is probably doing my poor PC a world of good.

Have 8GB DDR3 in laptop.

Would upgrade to 16GB but won't because eGPU might crap out if I do.

>Would upgrade to 16GB but won't because eGPU might crap out if I do.
Never heard of that before. What about 16GB makes the eGPU have a fit?

I'm running 8+4GB on two laptops that have been fine so far. I don't use eGPUs though, but I'm pretty sure the integrated graphics is supposed to use the RAM as video memory or something, and it's been fine.

thinkwiki.org/wiki/Custom_BIOS#Oleh.27s_eGPU_.2B_16GB_Instability_Fix
Very obscure issue for a very obscure configuration of hardware on a very specific model of computer.

Imported measuring data from an experiment for my thesis
I have 8GB, originally planned to upgrade later on, but then RAM prices exploded when the warranty period ended, so for now I'm suck with that. Thought about reusing some RAM from my old laptop as well, but I repaired that instead. Also, unlike what I thoughout that has 2x2 not 1x4 configuration for its RAM, so it would've been 2 more GB of RAM at the cost of RAM-speed.

So you're forced to buy some kind of 3rd party bios mod or something? The site lists issues with 1600mhz sticks & up. What about 1333mhz?

Fix exists on X220, which I do happen to own, but don't use any more. Never tested it however.

Fix does not exist on X230t, which I currently use.

Ah okay. I didn't really pay attention to the ram config for either of my PCs when I put an extra 4GB in. Haven't noticed a speed difference so eh. Guess it didn't matter.

What's the advantage of that model over the other one?

Ivy over sandy.

There isn't much difference in that surely?

Problem is that I have only one slot free. So having 2 sticks of 2GB each is not as useful as having one with 4GB. No clue about latencies, but the old stuff is also clocked even lower than what's in this one.

Enough difference that one works and the other doesn't.

Hey man please tell me you have more like this?

I was lucky to have a single 8GB stick come in both PCs with a slot to spare.

>other doesn't
It died?

My laptops have always died because of the GPU

What is it you like about it, user?

>being this fucking new

I'm pretty fucking new, mate. Get used to it.

I actually even looked for one that had a spare slot for upgrades, right from the start. Thought the old one was fucked beyond fixing, so I might as well reuse the RAM. Turned out it was mostly just Vista being Vista.

well there is a number of things i tend to like about it and im not sure how much detail you want.
its not as if its "trying hard" to get me excited or something. theres no excessive liquids or overly sized boobs.

I like the styling of it and its done really well. its pretty simple and clean . something realistic even though sure i know youd never run into this

Not him, but I get what you mean, it's pretty much why I appreciate that art style as well.

>Vista
Whoa. Glad I missed out on that one. I ran it in a VM about a year back and it wasn't too bad with SP2. That was back when I liked the aero theme. Pretty much the only reason I tested it out, and to scam-bait some indian 'tech support' guys.

It was simply luck of the draw that I bought 2 machines with 2 slots and only 1 filled.

Yeah, Vista became usable with SP2. Unfortunately I lost the key to re-install it before ever doing so, so now I can't even read that out. Meanwhile the old install is pretty much broken. Update hasn't worked for years, only abuses the HDD and takes 50% CPU for days on end, defender and search indexer keep raping the HDD for ages as well. It's pretty much not usable any more.
Installed Mint next to it, and that works fine still. A little overheating, but I'm not taking that thing apart unless I really have to. Don't want to break it.

Can't seem to find much similar stuff from that artist. The art style is nice. My fav part is the character position though. Unf.

e621.net/post/show/225852/16-9-2012-anthro-anus-ass_up-bed-bed_sheet-bedding

thanks for posting ,
who is the artist ? its nice hanging around here , dont always have the place or ability to. then life kind of takes over.

Weird question to others about relationship stuff. Anyone had a partner whod had a particular rough past and built them up to be better people ?

Most people don't seem like win 10, but it's pretty quick. Could always try that. I think some people have problems dual booting it though. Maybe it might not be the best choice after all. Hmm. You could always try a fresh windows 7 install. Just pirate that shit. I ran pirated windows 7 for years. Worked for me.

Most laptops aren't hard to disassemble. Losing screws is probably the easiest thing to do during dis/re-assembly.
Dust usually builds up in the fan radiator which will make the temps sky rocket. I'd recommend cleaning it at least once a year, but that's just me.

i will admit the characters position is pretty hot to.
i also have a thing for felines

Me too.
Have this one from my collection. Dunno if I have much more. It isn't sorted.

im no fan of taking laptops apart for cleaning or repair purposes... id had bad experiences with them. didnt break them. but just was a pain. that being said the right tools would have helped alot.

unfortunately the fan rads do get rather dusty and you are right. send the temps way up. likely to shorten its life...worth it to clean it out every now and again

thanks bud. ill try skim past my hdd and might post something. i dont like how unorganized all my pron or questionable material is. how would one go about sorting it out ? i kind of hoard digital stuff lol.

I've heard a lot of people just sort it into folders. I'm slowly writing a program that allows to to tag and search my own stuff. I don't have much tagged yet though.

you people should be fucking gas again.

Dicknipples

It takes a bit of time. I can usually get it done within 30 minutes now that I've had a bit of experience.

I often wait for the warranty to expire before touching it though. Fortunately the dust usually doesn't build up quick enough to require cleaning it before the 12 month warranty expires. If that laptop opens from the bottom, your lucky. Some require removing the keyboard and palm rest which is a pain.

>should be fucking gas
nice

may not be nude. but i also like clean art to.